• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Sera

Italy is a beautiful country. Too bad it's full of italians...
smile.gif

On topic: Does silver edge disable Mana Break on AM and Thirst on BS?
yes & yes

G.ZZZ

Italy is a beautiful country. Too bad it's full of italians...
smile.gif

Agree. A country of scammers and smartasses. No wonder we voted Berlusconi, he was the Italian dream, steal from everyone else and trick the law, get hot grills.

Hope we get conquered by Germany or something. We tried in WW2 but we fucking sucked.

LD Post about the TI5 invites

The Hardest Time of Year

This year, I announce with a heavier heart. Yes, I was invited to work TI. I didn’t announce it right away because I didn’t feel right celebrating my own invite while other deserving people were left out in the cold. Rather than trumpet my own invite, I wanted to take this opportunity to speak out on behalf of those who I feel are getting a raw deal.

Based LD

Hylian7

I honestly find Bloodseeker really entertaining.

It's the 'running around like a headless chicken' thing.
He is strong right now, but definitely not the OP monster some people think he is. Honestly he is finally relevant after all those years of being a "trench stomp" hero.

With the rework of him a few patches ago there are new ways to beat him. I think one of those that is really underemphasized is HIT HIM DURING BLOODRAGE! On any hero with a low CD damage spell, Orb/UAM, or whatever is great. If I face him mid, Storm is my ideal counter to him. Remnant where he has to be to get last hits, and keep throwing Overloads when your see those red fists. Best of all, Storm is invulnerable during Ball Lightning, meaning you can zip during Rupture with no issue. It's an easy way to avoid Bloodrite too.

JC Sera

LD Post about the TI5 invites

The Hardest Time of Year
KOTLGuy

To be honest, I expected Valve to do it like last year. I expected a wide net, and the vast majority of deserving talent to make the cut. I wasn't even considering the possibility that KOTLGuy might not be invited. This guy is the real deal. Absolutely committed to what he does, a trained actor who's more natural on camera than anyone else I've ever seen in eSports, and one of the most professional commentators I've had the pleasure to work with.

Dakota spends more time preparing for one cast than some casters do watching competitive DOTA the rest of the year. When just about everybody else was having fun playing Mafia and Mario Kart at the TI Hub, Dakota was taking notes and researching for his next cast. When he started with BTS, he had roughly 3-5k followers. In less than a year, he's climbed to 15k, and I can only imagine how high he'll soar over the next two years. To me, he was a shoe-in.

But then he didn't get the invite, and I started to get angry. I thought back on all the sacrifices Dakota had made over the past year for this game. Quitting his old job, moving across the country to work full-time in California, having to be separated from his wife and family in New York all the while. Tackling pretty much any region we threw at him, researching teams day and night, taking meticulous notes, burning the midnight oil to cover Chinese/SEA Dota when it was asked of him. It wasn't always easy, and he's certainly not a saint. He cursed and vented and let off steam like the rest of us, but Dakota kept at it and never stopped hustling.
nodding while reading this

VG playing like crap. Hao and Super doing their own thing, fy and fen doing something else.half the team decides to fight and the other decides to back and everyone dies
facepalm.gif

Anyone know how rare the Inscribed Black Nihilist bundle is?

Pretty annoying that you add £4 to spend on caches, and it leaves you 5p short of buying a third one

aeolist

Banned
obvs i like some commentators better than others but tobi is the only one i really wish wouldn't keep getting invited. he seems like a genuinely shitty person and others deserve that spot more.

Won a 3 vs 5 last night. Disgusting combo left after our Lina and elder abandoned...We had Techies, Brood and Naga against an all melee team. Even as all random the other team should have repicked until they had range. Felt dirty but rewarding once the other team knew they couldn't win at 50 minutes.

Fucking hell zyori got in we are doomed
Tobi is the best deal with it.

Also we dont need kotlguy memespoutting but w/e

Oh and sheever getting in but not Soe is a damn fucking joke. I like both but Soe deserves it more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom