• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Key begging and IceFrog Worship

Recon

Banned
I know this thread wont result in many keys, but its better than key begging in the other threads. And hey, maybe some generous gaffers with connections can hook a few of us up.

rac

Banned
ReconYoda said:
I know this thread wont result in many keys, but its better than key begging in the other threads. And hey, maybe some generous gaffers with connections can hook a few of us up.
If a gaffer gets any keys they will just give them to their friends or give them out through contests. They won't be going to a dota 2 beg thread and be like oh look this guy deserves a code, he's begging so hard.

Recon

Banned
rac said:
If a gaffer gets any keys they will just give them to their friends or give them out through contests. They won't be going to a dota 2 beg thread and be like oh look this guy deserves a code, he's begging so hard.

Well someone is a bit negative. Not expecting much, but its more to keep the begging away from the other threads.

I wish developers learn more when doing betas. Some of the keys for Dota 2 are going for insane amounts of money. Either open the beta to everyone or don't.

Why can't it be that simple? Isn't it p2p? so no servers involved.

rac said:
I think I will do contests if I get any, that way people have a even chance on getting a key, no skill contest, just random. Not set in stone but I think that is whats best for now.

Exuro

RoaringHawk said:
I wish developers learn more when doing betas. Some of the keys for Dota 2 are going for insane amounts of money. Either open the beta to everyone or don't.

Why can't it be that simple? Isn't it p2p? so no servers involved.
Where did you hear it's all P2P? How would Dota TV work?

Dug

Banned
Keys are cool. Dota 2 is cool. I'm not cool, but if I had a Dota 2 code I would be slightly cool. Long story short, can I be on the begging list please? Begbegbegbegbeg.

rac said:
I gave away my Battlefield 3 Alpha code in the begging thread. So yeah.

Spookie

Why am I not top of the queue? :(

edit: Seeing people begging for keys who weren't even posting in the International thread. GAF I AM SAD. :(

Chittagong

Gold Member
rac said:

with almost any other forum I'd agree, but if I was a community manager for a game I would certainly provide NeoGAF with codes, can't really go wrong with feeding gamers most passionate about your game in one of the world's most influential gaming communities.

Freki

rac said:

I gave away BFBC2 and APB beta keys to random ppl in begging threads...

rac

Banned
Chittagong said:
with almost any other forum I'd agree, but if I was a community manager for a game I would certainly provide NeoGAF with codes, can't really go wrong with feeding gamers most passionate about your game in one of the world's most influential gaming communities.
I think it would make more sense to go to the LoL and HoN threads and see who the top posters are there and give them the codes. Since they are the most vocal about playing action-rts games and who have probably paid the most when playing those types of game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would love to have a key and therefore am posting in this thread to request blessings of the sort from a fellow gentleman and member of the GAF.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
rac said:
I think it would make more sense to go to the LoL and HoN threads and see who the top posters are there and give them the codes. Since they are the most vocal about playing action-rts games and who have probably paid the most when playing those types of game.

Great idea. I can't wait to play Dota 2. :)

Top Bottom