• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Looks like at least at level 0 you can only get common drops. That seems like a dumb change to me, I remember getting a rare drop within like my first 5 levels and it was really exciting, if you have to play 25 hours just for a chance for uncommons it would be a lot worse

I think it would be okay if they left the current drop rate as the drop rate for lvl 1, and then just increased it for every level after.

Sibylus

Banned
What's not wrong with the hud? It's a barebone vanilla hud with non-iconic portal objects thrown in. The texture and coloration feels all wrong.
It's a dead ringer for the decrepit Aperture Science, and a much better fit than pristine white panels everywhere.

KingKong

i r bad at code

But just by browsing, it looks like gyrocopter is going to get items (goggles and gloves) and Necro is going to get some beards.

Edit: wait that looks old. I'm trying to figure out how it parses stuff out.

yeah its annoying because they've been updated dota 2 test so rarely that a bunch of the new lines are just previous dota 2 updates

Textures for ember spirit and "wraith king"

7xcg6E7.png

GTWC44D.png

Gxgear

It's a dead ringer for the decrepit Aperture Science, and a much better fit than pristine white panels everywhere.

Even in its run-down state there was a very strong contrast between the ordered and chaos state within the enrichment centre. When Portal is mentioned I think of the pristine testing areas, the companion cube, the big red button, the turrets, its funny signs/guide lines/doors. I don't know, this just doesn't do it for me.

Risensources-portal-2-5.jpg

Dmax3901

When I loaded up the test client just now, the PA face didn't look quite as odd as it does in that picture on the last page so don't fret.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, I do wonder if 6.79 will be out before the update is, since Valve has the "First Blood" update pegged for Monday. They could still add on more content.

Also, I hope they let use keep using the current Nova.

Razzer

When I loaded up the test client just now, the PA face didn't look quite as odd as it does in that picture on the last page so don't fret.

Yeah I didn't like it at first but after seeing it on matt's stream and having both compared I do think the new one is better. The portrait angle just doesn't do it many favours.

JustinBB7

You know, I do wonder if 6.79 will be out before the update is, since Valve has the "First Blood" update pegged for Monday. They could still add on more content.

Also, I hope they let use keep using the current Nova.

Would be the TF2 way to do an update.

Only thing stopping them is that the test client is already updated. So unless they would update it throughout the week/weekend (which seems unlikely) I kinda doubt it.

Hope so though, would be cool.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah I'd think they'd want a good few days of 6.79 before releasing it, and I'd imagine like always it will come out 1 week before in dota 1. Don't see it happening today or tomorrow (in dota 2 at least).

RS4-

yeah sorry for mentioning the .79 stuff, I don't know if that list is actually real.

But it sounds like something they'd do.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Would be the TF2 way to do an update.

Only thing stopping them is that the test client is already updated. So unless they would update it throughout the week/weekend (which seems unlikely) I kinda doubt it.

Hope so though, would be cool.

Thats simply, they want to make sure the global client changes work, then they will test the balance changes.

Text dump of strings relating to the community fantasy leagues:
http://pastebin.com/Lb73tRBH

Also, a bit about the mode to hide your steam profile:
"INCOGNITO MODE": "Toggling this setting will hide your Dota 2 Profile from other players as well as allow you to enter and use a different Profile Name. The setting will override any preferences you may have set for 'PROFILE PRIVACY' in Global Settings."

Also, in addition to Captains draft, there is anther game mode called AUTO DRAFT.
"Each team is given 5 heroes that are automatically selected with an attempt to balance roles."

So its "balanced" all Random

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A few text string for the the item drop system.

"DOTA_Levelup_ItemDrop" "ITEM DROP LEVEL UPGRADED"
"DOTA_Levelup_ItemDrop2" "Congratulations!\n\nYou're now able to find UNCOMMON items!"
"DOTA_Levelup_ItemDrop3" "Congratulations!\n\nYou're now able to find RARE items!\nSome of these items contain custom animations for the Heroes that wear them."
"DOTA_Levelup_ItemDrop4" "Congratulations!\n\nYou're now able to find MYTHICAL items!\nThese items often contain custom animations and spell effects for the Heroes that wear them."
"DOTA_Levelup_ItemDrop5" "Congratulations!\n\nYou're now able to find LEGENDARY items!\nThese items are incredibly rare objects, often replacing entire couriers and hero mounts with new models and effects."
"DOTA_Levelup_ItemDrop6" "Congratulations!\n\nYou're now able to find ANCIENT items!"
"DOTA_Levelup_ItemDrop7" "Congratulations!\n\nYou're now able to find ARCANA items!\nThese items are the rarest of all, capable of adding new models, sounds, spell effects, and HUD icons for a Hero."

"DOTA_ItemDropLvl_Text" "You are currently eligible to find %s1 items. Play more games to increase your level and find rarer items."
"DOTA_ItemDropLvl_TextMax" "Currently eligible to find %s1 items."
}

Seems like it is only to prevent item farming, unless they upped the odds on their ends.

IceMarker

If that's the real new PA head I'm done with her until I can find a way to preserve her old head. (Via mods like the "beta" models I presume.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
China getting in game tutorial match thingy:
"DOTA_Item_Desc_Copy_of_Perfect_World_Dota_Academy" "Featuring various kinds of instructive matches including guides to heroes, mechanics and tactics. Perfect World Dota Academy offers a perfect route for beginners to learn Dota. Also, the academy periodically broadcast exciting activities held by Perfect World. Entrance to this tutorial-competition show is completely free for Dota players of the world."

shira

A few text string for the the item drop system.

"DOTA_Levelup_ItemDrop6" "Congratulations!\n\nYou're now able to find ANCIENT items!"

Seems like it is only to prevent item farming, unless they upped the odds on their ends.

Ancient?

War Dogs dropping lol?

If that's the real new PA head I'm done with her until I can find a way to preserve her old head. (Via mods like the "beta" models I presume.)
You might want to try
https://sites.google.com/site/veldtfx/dota-2-mod-index
nNPvYnk.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Starting to compile a list of the item drop changes. Wow. These are the common items removed from the pool:
http://pastebin.com/jTk4NPVw

These are the only over laps for commons in what used to drop and what will drop:
Arctic Hunter's Glove
Arctic Hunter's Snack
Armored Exoskeleton Arms
Armored Exoskeleton Legs
Belt of Retribution
Belt of the Conquering Tyrant
Bone Ruin Excavator Pack
Bracers of Forsaken Beauty
Bracers of the Conquering Tyrant
Bracers of the Moon Rider
Braided Tail of the Conquering Tyrant
Claw of the Ancient Sovereign