• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
This is a pretty large all-encompassing patch, sorta like the ones TF2 gets. I wonder if this is the start of them moving over to bigger patches less frequently.

Double boo

That would be stupid since they still have a bunch of heroes to put in and about 3000 bugs to fix.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As a level 200 and something, I'm okay with this. It will probably also have a marginal impact on people's desire to smurf constantly.

It will have a huge impact on peoples desire to farm items by either throwing games or making bots.

bounchfx

I'm not sure typing dota profile level to drops is bad - it really depends how they do it.

If it's something like, at level 1 you have a .01% chance to get an item, and every 10 levels they add a .002, so at level 10 you're at .012, level 20 you're at .014, it's not a huge change but it rewards players that have put in tons of time with the chance of getting more items, even if it's not a large amount more. We might also assume that the base level (or, what it is now) has not dropped to give players less items than we already get, just more for those that have sunk tons of time into the game. I also don't know, is this tied to rarity at all? or just # of drops in general?

I guess my view is, rewarding people that put in hundreds/thousands of hours with a slight increase in chance to get items isn't really a bad thing...?

Low Tier
Im glad we get a new patch and with one as big as this im sure itll sate people for a while so no more complaining ok guys :)

shira

I'm not sure typing dota profile level to drops is bad - it really depends how they do it.

If it's something like, at level 1 you have a .01% chance to get an item, and every 10 levels they add a .002, so at level 10 you're at .012, level 20 you're at .014, it's not a huge change but it rewards players that have put in tons of time with the chance of getting more items, even if it's not a large amount more. We might also assume that the base level (or, what it is now) has not dropped to give players less items than we already get, just more for those that have sunk tons of time into the game. I also don't know, is this tied to rarity at all? or just # of drops in general?

I guess my view is, rewarding people that put in hundreds/thousands of hours with a slight increase in chance to get items isn't really a bad thing...?

Honestly they should frequently drop the common parts of sets so that you are kind of compelled to pay for the rest of the set. Or have an option to complete the set for a better price.

bounchfx

1600 hours

2 Mythicals

TA scarf and a Batrider bandanna

holy shit. I don't know about you guys, but I would have though a mythical would pop up once every 100-200 hours, at most. I didn't realize the drops were THAT rare.

Honestly they should frequently drop the common parts of sets so that you are kind of compelled to pay for the rest of the set. Or have an option to complete the set for a better price.

I completely agree. I thought that's what the point of it was right now, but commons could/should be a tad more common. It'll be interesting seeing how much of a difference the patch makes (if any noticeable difference)

woodland

1300 hrs.

One mythical. Brewmaster bottle.

Used to be me, 1200 hours and same shitty mythical which no one wants. Finally got a mythical Necro scythe the other day, but I don't play him either...

Not happy with this update. They held back on however many updates to look good with a big one? Cool.

Also way to kill armlet toggling(fuck the macro, but actual armlet usage in tournys was legit) and fountain hooking. Stupid.

Ketch

Wow I had no idea mythicals were that rare.... I think I'm about to annoy some people but I don't care because I guess the new drop system is going to stop this from happening but:

I've only got 186 hours played... i'm like lvl 9 or something.. and I've had two mythicals drop, both from leveling up. Mythical Mirana Mount and a mythical courier.

Megaton update!
The control group cloud sync is brilliant! Captain draft sounds like a great mode too.

I can't wait to see medusa in pro games.... But I doubt she has any place in the meta game :S

Wunder

Wow I had no idea mythicals were that rare.... I think I'm about to annoy some people but I don't care because I guess the new drop system is going to stop this from happening but:

I've only got 186 hours played... i'm like lvl 9 or something.. and I've had two mythicals drop, both from leveling up. Mythical Mirana Mount and a mythical courier.

god damnit ketch

My mistake, just checked - 921 hours, and 10 Mythicals.

Corpse Maker, Eye of Omoz, Fearless Badger, Helm of Infernal Despair, Ormr the Lunar Dragon, 3x Radiant Claive, Spine Spilitter, Squiddles.

BeesEight

Double boo

Boo? I might actually get something that's not common now!

As a level 200 and something, I'm okay with this. It will probably also have a marginal impact on people's desire to smurf constantly.

Oh, that's a good point. I only ever play on my smurf nowadays. :(

holy shit. I don't know about you guys, but I would have though a mythical would pop up once every 100-200 hours, at most. I didn't realize the drops were THAT rare.

948 hours and the only mythical I got was from the Frostivus game mode. I don't even think I've had more than five rares.

Karakand

Many items have been removed from the store. These can now be sold and bought on the Steam Community Market! Workshop contributors will receive a share of each resale of their items. The items that have been removed are not immortal: they may return to the store in future sales or events, or they may appear in the drop list from time to time

I played CCGs (MODO) too.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hm, like 700 games and I've gotten three Mythicals from drops (Corpsemaker, Buttercup and The Horned Mother) as well as one from a chest (Corruptor)

And then of course the taunts, my Morok's courier, etc.

shira

12IJJHB.jpg

dota cinema sven set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom