• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time I read it I thought they had tied the ability to get good drops to your behavior, like if you had been muted or lp'd within a month you had a 0% chance of getting a rare or higher instead of the 4% or whatever.

Tying items to getting levels never encouraged throwing games and grinding so I'm not sure why you think this would.

siddhu33

How do you deal with spirit breaker? He's picked every game, and even if he doesn't get fed off me, he gets fed off someone, and proceeds to wreck. His Q, attack, ult combo wrecks everybody, and it's depressing.

So what I am asking, is for teams with no coordination, what can be done to mitigate Spirit Breaker's effect on the game?

How do you deal with spirit breaker? He's picked every game, and even if he doesn't get fed off me, he gets fed off someone, and proceeds to wreck. His Q, attack, ult combo wrecks everybody, and it's depressing.

So what I am asking, is for teams with no coordination, what can be done to mitigate Spirit Breaker's effect on the game?
Nothing. Your team has to not suck. SB is either everything or nothing in a game depending on how the opposing team works together.

KingKong

I guess it depends on the implementation but it would be weird if it was like you can only get commons until level 10, commons + uncommons until 25, etc. Thats what it sounds like reading it.

The quality of the item drops you are eligible for is now tied to your Dota profile level. You can see your current drop level in your profile page

shira

eul's/stun/sheepstick. On monday he will knock people back further, so it will be a lot harder to permastun someone.

Patch sent to client - herewoego.gif

Arkanius

UKwGXB6.png

Mai waifu
Kawaii

Sibylus

Banned

Stuns. If your lane doesn't have one, pick a hero with one. Roots work too, especially now that the knockback from Greater Bash is larger and can stack with multiple bashes (so SB has to follow more often to keep chaining).

Vaporak

Update looks good for bug fixes and out of match features and such, too bad there's no new hero though.

898 matches, zero mythicals here. I didn't realize I was that unlucky with drops.

Lotto

Less accidental Vanguards.

It's happened to me once. Thank you Dota team ;-;

Edit: New PA is pretty meh; Maybe it looks better in-game. That Portal HUD looks ok, don't see anything offensively bad about it and I'm glad they didn't make it too bright (white or something).

KingKong

Looks like at least at level 0 you can only get common drops. That seems like a dumb change to me, I remember getting a rare drop within like my first 5 levels and it was really exciting, if you have to play 25 hours just for a chance for uncommons it would be a lot worse

Razzer

Was there a mode called Auto Draft in Dota 1? Cyborgmatt just found it on his stream, seems to be you set filters and it picks for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom