• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
So what does that mean for who to send to each lane? Does the solo laner go suicide lane?

^ is there only one carry per game usually?

Generally speaking every team should have at least one carry. A hero that will be powerful enough lategame that he can wreck havok. You can have more than one carry in your team. Some carries need more farm than others. What you don't want though is, that you have 5 carries in your team, because the farm will be split horribly and nobody will be able to kill the 1 fat carry on the other team.

More than 3 carries in a team won't really work. Most of the time, 2 are enough, and sometimes you will have only 1 real carry on your team.

JustinBB7

6 sponsors on the draft screen right now. And such a small prize pool. Where did all that money go? The fuck.

The defense has a bigger prize pool with just 1 sponsor, and it's not 6 times on the screen.

6 sponsors on the draft screen right now. And such a small prize pool. Where did all that money go? The fuck.

The defense has a bigger prize pool with just 1 sponsor, and it's not 6 times on the screen.

one, it is EG so they probably took a good chunk. 2nd, this is a live event. I think they also paid for the 2 teams to come.

The Defense is just Tobi in a studio.

The casters arent being broadcast to the audience are they? I hear an echo when Aysee and Milk are talking. I would hope the players cant hear the casters.

Also there is no game audio ....

Sliver

The casters arent being broadcast to the audience are they? I hear an echo when Aysee and Milk are talking. I would hope the players cant hear the casters.

The headphones they wear block out sound, pretty sure it's the same thing used by air traffic controllers. I'm more concerned about there being no game sound.

BraXzy

Wondering if anyone can help me and a buddy out with an issue he is having. His internet lags a lot, specifically in Dota, when we are in game it sometimes freezes/people move on the spot. He upgraded his internet to fibre optic, his dload speed is pretty high, so is his upload.

Yet his lag in game still happens. He checked his ping and packet loss is always 0% and since the upgrade the ping has been under 100ms at all times. What gives?

His set up is a wifi card from the router but if theres no high latency what might be up?

JustinBB7

Wondering if anyone can help me and a buddy out with an issue he is having. His internet lags a lot, specifically in Dota, when we are in game it sometimes freezes/people move on the spot. He upgraded his internet to fibre optic, his dload speed is pretty high, so is his upload.

Yet his lag in game still happens. He checked his ping and packet loss is always 0% and since the upgrade the ping has been under 100ms at all times. What gives?

His set up is a wifi card from the router but if theres no high latency what might be up?

Don't use wireless.

TGMIII

Enable the console, here's a guide on how to do it if you're not sure, then once in game open the console and type net_graph 3. Create a lobby with bots or get a few friends to join and then check the choke that he's getting. It should be 0 at all times, or at least 99% of the time.

I've had similar issues with source engine games throughout the years and it ended up being a choke issue nearly every time. Update graphics drivers, network drivers, try a cabled connection if possible. If he's running windows 7, Update KB 2803821 causes graphical issues in multiple games so it might be worth checking if it's installed and uninstalling it if needed.

None of that may help but just a few things I've run into on source engine games.

Sibylus

Banned
I didn't have direct line of sight to my router, so my connection would be horribly inconsistent in games with a lot of dropped packets and the like. I'm on a ridicously long ethernet cord right now, but it's stable. All that really matters.

Artanisix

I didn't have direct line of sight to my router, so my connection would be horribly inconsistent in games with a lot of dropped packets and the like. I'm on a ridicously long ethernet cord right now, but it's stable. All that really matters.

Same, I routed an ethernet cord from downstairs, through the outside, into the cellar, and down into my second story room. Pain in the ass but so worth it.

JustinBB7

Same, I routed an ethernet cord from downstairs, through the outside, into the cellar, and down into my second story room. Pain in the ass but so worth it.

In my old house I had a cable from downstairs up the stairs into my room, right now it's just from 1 closet into my room in the hall, which is only like a meter. I can't imagine playing multiplayer games on a wireless connection. So unstable.

Also, I hope Mouz will win at least one game. 3-0 stomp finals are so lame :(

Burbank_

If you do use wireless, install this: http://www.martin-majowski.de/wlanoptimizer/.
Helps against the built-in Windows 7 lag-spikes that occur at regular intervals.
Set up correctly, you should have no problems gaming on wireless connection.

Anteo

Yeah dont even try to play dota through wireless.

If you do use wireless, install this: http://www.martin-majowski.de/wlanoptimizer/.
Helps against the built-in Windows 7 lag-spikes that occur at regular intervals.

Oh this could be a good fix in the meantime. Those lag spikes destroyed me when I moved to another room and was forced to use wifi for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom