• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phandy

Same, I routed an ethernet cord from downstairs, through the outside, into the cellar, and down into my second story room. Pain in the ass but so worth it.

Wondering if anyone can help me and a buddy out with an issue he is having. His internet lags a lot, specifically in Dota, when we are in game it sometimes freezes/people move on the spot. He upgraded his internet to fibre optic, his dload speed is pretty high, so is his upload.

Yet his lag in game still happens. He checked his ping and packet loss is always 0% and since the upgrade the ping has been under 100ms at all times. What gives?

His set up is a wifi card from the router but if theres no high latency what might be up?

Pro tip that not many people know about; Powerline Adapters!! (google it for examples).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_line_communication

Basically you transmit the internet through the power sockets in your house.
Its totally legit and its fucking awesome, I've been using them for years and it's just as reliable and fast as running a cable. You plug in your cable into it, and a power a socket in one end. Socket + cable to your PC other end. EZ.

Seriously, anyone with wireless problems, I recommend this.

Artanisix

Pro tip that not many people know about; Powerline Adapters!! (google it for examples).

Its totally legit and its fucking awesome, I've been using them for years and it's just as reliable and fast as running a cable. You plug in your cable into it, and a power a socket in one end. Socket + cable to your PC other end. EZ.

What in the fuck. I've never heard of these before.

Chris R

Does anyone have a preferred controls setup they would be willing to share? I've tried the various types the game offers as defaults and haven't really clicked with anything yet as I play through the tutorials.

At least I'm understanding the mechanics a bit better (and know which heroes I'd never want to play with).

Phandy

I've heard of them, but the cost versus cable has always put me off.

Well I managed to get a pair for free a while ago, I probably still would of bought some.

All through Uni and now, moving house every year, it was a godsend. I couldn't be bothered running cables everywhere. It made it so much easier. If I lived in my house and wasn't moving, I would probably spend the time running a cable.

boosh5

Banned
I've ran into what seems to be a game crashing bug. On two occasions now, I've seen the entire server crash when the final hit is landed on the ancient and at the same time, someone creates illusions. Once using Naga's skill and once on another hero using Manta Style.

The game stops like there is massive lag, everyone gets disconnected and the match isn't recorded as a win or a loss. Like it never happened.

Anyone else experienced this?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Yep. Got one like a year ago, love it. Totally beats running a 100ft cat5 cable around the house. Only issue is maybe if you live in an apartment since electricity wiring might be shared and someone could get into your network that way.

My current jobs I have like so many of them in my work truck too. Too bad I didn't wait till I got this job before, would have saved me money lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, decided to open chests because of Reasons. Got the Lion Stone Hand, and the Medusa Bow. Not bad, got one of the mythical items in the chest. Got my eye on that Brewmaster Scepter, hopefully the community focuses on the ugly pudge hook and declares the scepter dumb so I can get it cheap.

Also, why do people keep making Necrolyte Scythe that look so similar to his other Scythes.

Artanisix

I know everyone is watching Navi vs Mouz (rightfully so), but KP picking up another support Spiritbreaker. Seems like they really value that hero along with Timbersaw.

ink4n3

Well, decided to open chests because of Reasons. Got the Lion Stone Hand, and the Medusa Bow. Not bad, got one of the mythical items in the chest. Got my eye on that Brewmaster Scepter, hopefully the community focuses on the ugly pudge hook and declares the scepter dumb so I can get it cheap.

Also, why do people keep making Necrolyte Scythe that look so similar to his other Scythes.

I'll trade you the Brew Scepter for the Lion Stone hand.

HomShaBom

Banned
OMG, What song name?
NgUY0y9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom