• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there DOTA-GAF!

With this game finally coming out on OS X I decided to give it a shot. I like it a lot, but I'm still working my way through the tutorial, soaking in as much information as possible.

I have however been having some performance issues, especially when on the main map. The first two tutorials, which were on a different map, ran perfectly for me. 60fps all the way, so I was happy. When I loaded the third tutorial, which has you destroy just one tower, the performance was terrible! 10-20 fps and along with that, no sound!

Is this a known issue on Mac and what can I do?

Hylian7

What exactly put space cow on the competitive map? I would have thought if anything, it would have been the removal of the debuff if someone was being charged, but that was a few patches ago, not in the most recent patch.

JustinBB7

Hey there DOTA-GAF!

With this game finally coming out on OS X I decided to give it a shot. I like it a lot, but I'm still working my way through the tutorial, soaking in as much information as possible.

I have however been having some performance issues, especially when on the main map. The first two tutorials, which were on a different map, ran perfectly for me. 60fps all the way, so I was happy. When I loaded the third tutorial, which has you destroy just one tower, the performance was terrible! 10-20 fps and along with that, no sound!

Is this a known issue on Mac and what can I do?

You can check the dev forums for more info. I don't use mac but I hear more people are having problems with it.

http://dev.dota2.com/

That and they've only been starting to play this well over the past few weeks I feel. At least on the level of beating navi.

pfft, you just didnt see the magic! ;_;

I really wish they would think over some of these invite polices for ti. but i suppose a lot of them are necessary for travel arrangements and such.

What exactly put space cow on the competitive map? I would have thought if anything, it would have been the removal of the debuff if someone was being charged, but that was a few patches ago, not in the most recent patch.

ive only seen kp running him, apparently ee thinks it's a ridiculous hero or something. and yes, BUFFS

JustinBB7

pfft, you just didnt see the magic! ;_;

I really wish they would think over some of these invite polices for ti. but i suppose a lot of them are necessary for travel arrangements and such.

It's 2 weeks before the event and they only have 4 official players atm. Even if you COULD get invited this late, they wouldn't get invited because of that.

I like their strats they've been using lately. Still can't stand EE though (or CWM but he's gone now)

I played my first match of Dota 2.
I had no idea what I was doing; everyone was screaming at me. I almost made us lose the match, but we won by working as a team.

I really need to play with people I can talk to and not randoms, because it's scary when they scream at you.

Artanisix

KP and Liquid picked him up as support

It's 2 weeks before the event and they only have 4 official players atm. Even if you COULD get invited this late, they wouldn't get invited because of that.

I like their strats they've been using lately. Still can't stand EE though (or CWM but he's gone now)

Kind of the unfortunate part of getting 5 players together and on the other side of things valve trying to run a proper tourney. thats kind of why i love open tournies but can't expect something like that for ti.

I still look forward to some insane strats @ ti. pls bring back invoker and morph. too many of my favs fell out of favor. damn shame.

F!ReW!Re

I had no idea what I was doing; everyone was screaming at me. I almost made us lose the match, but we won by working as a team.

I really need to play with people I can talk to and not randoms, because it's scary when they scream at you.

You need to play with some bots first, then switch to co-op bot matches and when you feel comfortable join a normal match...

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

If you haven't already, it's worth playing a dozen bot matches before jumping in the pool of humans. Learn the general ebbs and flows of a game and some heroes. I probably played about 20 bot matches before touching an actual game with people.

Either way, liberally mute people that are annoying. They may be right, but there's no need to submit yourself to that shit in a game.

Einbroch

Banned
Space_cow.jpg

MVP

You need to play with some bots first, then switch to co-op bot matches and when you feel comfortable join a normal match...

I presumed that going into a random match in the tutorial screen would match me with lots of other people doing the same thing, but I was wrong.

I still look forward to some insane strats @ ti. pls bring back invoker and morph. too many of my favs fell out of favor. damn shame.

Invoker currently has nowhere to go for the first 10 minutes of the game. He desperately needs a solo mid to get levels ASAP but any strong mid will straight up murder him or chase him out of lane.

And this problem is before OD became popular as a pro pick.

Invoker currently has nowhere to go for the first 10 minutes of the game. He desperately needs a solo mid to get levels ASAP but any strong mid will straight up murder him or chase him out of lane.

And this problem is before OD became popular as a pro pick.

I main him so I`m all too familiar with the pains of current Invoker. I`m writing a letter to Icefrog, ha.

RubxQub

Wow...Kaipi throwing hard at the end here. WTF was the whole "not engaging on that bot T3" thing?!

Why engage after the tower is down but the whole team is still there?

saelz8

Is DOTA Group Chat bugged? When I join the NeoGAF room, it's always empty, despite the indicator saying people are in it.

RubxQub

Sneaky sneaky Dendi...

ksan

nice use of smokes that game by na'vi, even though they didn't give them anything really for free, it's always better to not show yourself
Is DOTA Group Chat bugged? When I join the NeoGAF room, it's always empty, despite the indicator saying people are in it.

it says [number] neogaf right? you gotta manually type in neogaf in the create/join channel thing

joinDOTA Red stream is a slide show. Just watching Antena Dota with Bruno since I'll at least pick up some of the Spanish compared to the Russian streams where I won't get anything but the general gist.

Wynnebeck

Banned
OPA DENDI OPA DENDI

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

RubxQub

joinDOTA Red stream is a slide show. Just watching Antena Dota with Bruno since I'll at least pick up some of the Spanish compared to the Russian streams where I won't get anything but the general gist.

Watch it on an iOS device via the Twitch app and beam it to your AppleTV like a baller....smooth as butter and full resolution.

There's no other way to fly. Apparently uses different servers...and apparently I'm the only one on it.

BeesEight

From what I can tell, a team started running him. A lot of heroes are completely ignored until one group decides to just start drafting them. I remember when I first played Bane and thought he was really good but he wasn't touched at all in the competitive scene.

There's also the constant buffs Icefrog gives to underused heroes but a lot of those seem to be more tiny encouragements for teams to try the hero out than to hit some sort of mystical level of balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom