• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Fucking XBOCT... :lol

Low Tier

200px-Goomba_-_New_Super_Mario_Bros_U.png

KingKong

You know I kept wondering why pros have so many computer problems but from looking at bootcamp pics it seems like half of them are playing Dota on shitty laptops with a keyboard and mouse hooked up.

RubxQub

Wtf is Funn1k doing over there...

Rad is pretty bad on him, you need to be effective sooner rather than later.

CHJhRXF.jpg

Those are my post patch builds. The general transition there is from offense to defense, everyone likes to try to kill BS because he's so damn annoying, so you build for longevity. There's a PMS in just about every game that I end up selling as well. I've found that as long as your keeping pace in levels and doing your job ganking around the map or just pushing/team fighting you get enough right click from stats/side stats on your items.

Last few games have been Phase-drum-blademail-halberd. Phase for chasing, drum for more MS/desperately needed stats, blademail to tank up further (+11 armor with his passive, around 20 with his base early on) and return damage/deter people from killing you, and then I can mix it up. The halberd has just been coincidence mostly, there was a right click something that didn't have bkb, so halberd was the right choice to stay alive and mitigate that damage. If there isn't a right click threat looming OR if they have bkb OR if you need to carry harder I would use an SnY/Basher build. These games have also included something else to carry, so I was more free to tank up. I went for mkb over basher next because straight damage, faster was more important than anything else at that point. Crit is an option here as well, as is deso. If you really need to carry you could do something like yasha/deso/manta, but I really think building him tanky is the way to go.

I've forsaken Force staff though, I think it's a gimmick when used offensively with rupture, so unless you REALLY need to gap close I would skip it. I would think of it like force staff on skele king.

Good to know that I have a similar thought process with ya on this one. I haven't played him in a long long time but I always thought that building radiance on him wasted the period of time in which he was most effective. It would take me forever to farm up that radiance and gank at the same time. It does seem like his late game itemization is a bit more open and more situational than anything else. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I play him.

RubxQub

Wow...Kaipi wins that teamfight despite totally blowing their set up?

Shit's not looking good for Na'vi in this game 1.

JustinBB7

That SF ulti was hilarious. I actually thought for a second EE might have told him to blow it. But then again I doubt it.

Sing is in EU though and if they were playing in US that's basically enough delay to turn off naga ult.

RubxQub

SB making another showing! Awwww shi-

Edit: And Silencer?! DA FUQ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom