• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Hylian7

Okay....fuck Alchemist. Never thought I would be saying that.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1872055610
How the fuck do you beat these Alchemist mid shenanigans? I hadn't seen a competent one in a pub game until the game I just finished. I was SF mid vs him, I was zoned out with acid to do anything to him, but I could still get CS. I just couldn't stay in acid for long.

Team tried to gank him, there were wards and he saw it coming. Ganking him is one solution, but if you can't for whatever reason and he gets the 12 minute Radiance, then what? I'm out of ideas at that point.

Other than picking Spectre of course
spectre-what.gif

Get someone to play beast master on ur team
cheeky.gif

Its really hard to think of examples that are not play with hero X. For example:
Try him offlane maybe with the new mid alch, alch gets viable, tinker pushes and makes more space for alch to farm, then maybe alch gives him an aghs.

Ask supports to stack camps, and then farm multiple stacked camps at once.

To be honest I think the biggest problem might stem from playing him as a solo queue hero, but I don't know whether you are playing with friends or not.

Interestingly, aghs is the only reasonably priced item on him that has a positive win rate.
Also bots is 34% lower than 10% lower than his normal winrate, while double bots is 60%+.
From what I've seen facing scrub level tinkers, ganking tinker is pretty powerful and with doublebots hes pretty terrifying.

take all this with the 2k grain of salt.

Yeah, I've been doing level 2 BoTs a lot, it's pretty effective, but still not enough to seal the deal.

JC Sera

How the fuck do you beat these Alchemist mid shenanigans? I hadn't seen a competent one in a pub game until the game I just finished. I was SF mid vs him, I was zoned out with acid to do anything to him, but I could still get CS. I just couldn't stay in acid for long.

Team tried to gank him, there were wards and he saw it coming. Ganking him is one solution, but if you can't for whatever reason and he gets the 12 minute Radiance, then what? I'm out of ideas at that point.

spectre-what.gif

Yeah, I've been doing level 2 BoTs a lot, it's pretty effective, but still not enough to seal the deal.
Rune control is key
he can't be allowed to get any of the first 6 bounties

cry.gif
counters
dac15_nosewipe.gif
&
spectre-what.gif

Hylian7

Rune control is key
he can't be allowed to get any of the first 6 bounties

cry.gif
counters
dac15_nosewipe.gif
&
spectre-what.gif

That kind of sucks, especially if you get unlucky with where the bounty runes spawn. Really hope there is a b patch to nerf that then if it really is just the bounty runes that do this.

Also, I have still rekt Undyings as Spectre.

That kind of sucks, especially if you get unlucky with where the bounty runes spawn. Really hope there is a b patch to nerf that then if it really is just the bounty runes that do this.

Get one rune and get your teammates to get the other rune. Also this is very obvious but it's very important that he doesn't get either of the first two Bounty runes, they change everything for him.

I kinda have zero patience when I play support. I want the team to Do Things like Hit Buildings but they all want to run off and farm and not take risks in the laning phase when I'm able to bail them out and you get the idea.

Wok

spectre-what.gif

I have lost a few games as Alchemist mid. Basically, no rune, and opponents who 5-man and deathball around the timing of my boots of travel (15 min), so I have radiance and bots but cannot stop them.

Also, good positioning so that you deny your creeps and Alch cannot last hit just by throwing some acid.

Bounty runes add minimum 250 GPM (at the expense of losing a few last hits), so it is quite good, yeah.

spectre-what.gif

Ancient Apparition
Minus Armor
Take over his jungle
Heavy damage

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1871639604

Tusk with Silver Edge fucks Alch up pretty bad too.

But Tusk is a hero picked by scumlords so don't do that.
Tusk came out on my birthday so I reserve the right to main him as I see fit. :3

Auteezy

Banned
alchemist is seriously the new bloodseeker.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1871387075

this was a 6.3k avg mmr game, basically we just ran at the alch, doomed him off cd and killed him a shitload.

the alch was 6.6k.

also CC&C is going to be the next NA star, and alpaca-chan is like this peruvian god that came out of nowhere, probably the next smash.

gai_shain

spectre-what.gif
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1871522105

New zeus remodel looks good in some way, weird in others. Some reason it comes off as like a design built for the stereotypical western audience, it lacks a lot of the charm that was in the original model. Similar to how bananamancer was turned into a more vicious looking model.

The only thing I really dislike is the open vest, but it's not like cosmetics can't fix that. I'd love for there to be a style switch, even if it's only client side.

Reckoner

Reborn really needs an update today. I'm having trouble connecting to the game coordinator and I can't even purchase the compendium. Fix pls

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
beating alch seems to be a case of

- putting him against a lane bully to keep him hard up
- make sure you don't let him get bounty runes
- occupy his jungle and steal as many of his camps/stacks as you can
- deathball and push down towers to cut off his map access

basically do what you do against radiance Naga only compressed into 30 minutes instead of 90

30 minutes is a long-ass window to shut down a hero... plenty of carries can get scary in that time frame

if he's focused, he'll go down

minus armor works!

M.D

anyone knows a way to pull the replays off the mlg website? their stupid replay doesn't have any option to fast forward, i guess you're meant to sit through an hour delay and all the dead time between games! fucking awful site jesus

and of course it's not on their vods section either

Quesa

Quick undertale question:

I beat flowey on pacifist but after they hinted at a better ending I accidentally hit continue instead of reset and I'm back at Asgore. Can I still reset next time I load up the game and start True Pacifist?

Baha

Ah hell they changed the schedule, joindota had secret vs cdec first but they're doing mvp vs c9 first instead.

Demoli

Quick undertale question:

I beat flowey on pacifist but after they hinted at a better ending I accidentally hit continue instead of reset and I'm back at Asgore. Can I still reset next time I load up the game and start True Pacifist?

If you don't have any exp that means you have to have dates with papyrus, undyine and alphys

Dreavus

Yeah AA really fucks up Alch. In one of my recent games the enemy AA made it his life's mission to hit alch with his ult in some form during any fight, even if he misses the impact he just needs to get the debuff on him.

Top Bottom