• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Forgot how bad Sing's stream is. Why does this guy get lumped together with Bulldog so much?

abunai

is season 2 shaping up to be as good as s1? haven't had a chance to sit down and watch the first 2 episodes yet

p.s. 6.85 is snoozefest

kionedrik

List of heroes I don't want to see ever again:

SF
Ember
Alch
Lina
Doom
Tusk
Undying
Gondar
Gyro
Storm
Lesh

At the state I'm in I'd be happy to see Viper or Razor... thanks 6.84 v2

pompidu

SF
Ember
Alch
Lina
Doom
Tusk
Undying
Gondar
Gyro
Storm
Lesh

Only really agree on SF, Tusk, lina and gyro.
Other ones are all fine to me. But those 4 hereos are still ridiculous.

Quesa

SF
Ember
Alch
Lina
Doom
Tusk
Undying
Gondar
Gyro
Storm
Lesh

I know a hero who could make these heroes cry, if only he were buffed

#bringbacktechies

is season 2 shaping up to be as good as s1? haven't had a chance to sit down and watch the first 2 episodes yet

p.s. 6.85 is snoozefest

Yes, IMO the start is stronger than season 1's and it could potentially be an even better season if it plays out right. I don't think there are any Billy Bob Thornton tier actors but so far the acting is really good.

t0rment

lesh was never really that popular in pubs, and he was banned almost every game in comp, so we didnt saw him there that much either.

Low Tier
lesh was never really that popular in pubs, and he was banned almost every game in comp, so we didnt saw him there that much either.

i think every ranked i played in 684 had a lesh and/or bloodseeker and/or storm. In that order of popularity

kionedrik

There was a reason he was banned in almost every competitive match, he was nigh unstoppable.

In pubs I saw him picked in at least 90% of the games I played. I believe people even started being ashamed of picking him at some point.

t0rment

i'm not saying he was balanced, but i dont think he was ever in the 20 most popular heroes being picked, i remember checking dotabuff almost every week.

shira

A
VP, CDEC, VG, Liquid, Mineski

B
Secret, LGD, Fnatic, Ehome, DC(Ush stand-in Yawar)

t1445824800z4.png

Secret vs LGD
VP vs CDEC

Same as MLG, 2 games simultaneously

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Imba Spirit. Imba Doom. Maybe even imba Riki. I hope to see all these heroes played more in pro games, especially with various builds.

dNR5so0.png

Ember and Doom have been very popular picks in pro games. Expect to see people bitch about them being picked/banned every game in the Major.

Riki is still not popular.

Also, really bummed C9 won't be at Nanyang. Surprised 1437 screwed up getting a Visa. Oh well.

Quesa

Yes, IMO the start is stronger than season 1's and it could potentially be an even better season if it plays out right. I don't think there are any Billy Bob Thornton tier actors but so far the acting is really good.

My biggest complaint so far is that Dunst's casting might be wasted on her role, but it's promising so far, casting her as the Martin Freeman "I'm nice" character.

lesh not popular in pubs?

LMAO

alright

What do you define as popular? He wasn't even in the top 20 on the two iterations of 6.84, and right now he is in an even worse position, just a case of people over exaggerating things for a hero they find annoying, just like with techies.

In fact, according to DB in the past twelve months he is below the top 50 picks, so yeah I will go out on a limb on this one and say he isn't popular at all.

My biggest complaint so far is that Dunst's casting might be wasted on her role, but it's promising so far, casting her as the Martin Freeman "I'm nice" character.

Dunst is the only actress I'm not sold on but she's doing fine so far, interested to see how her character develops.

TUSR

Banned
What do you define as popular? He wasn't even in the top 20 on the two iterations of 6.84, and right now he is in an even worse position, just a case of people over exaggerating things for a hero they find annoying, just like with techies.

In fact, according to DB in the past twelve months he is below the top 50 picks, so yeah I will go out on a limb on this one and say he isn't popular at all.
you're trying to tell me lesh wasn't popular in 6.84?

ugh, preach sister

people get so carried away with the supposedly OP fotm meta stompers, the complaints happen, and now we won't see lesh for another 8 billion years after only getting to see him in like 5 pro games :(((((

buff visage and lesh, buff encan'tress more, re-buff Chendaddy, buff Elder Titan, make venomous gale and frozen sigil and life drain minibash, support a fun game

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lesh was worse the higher MMR you went. I think overall his pick rate was not that good which is bizarre because he was literally free wins for pressing Q.

t0rment

techies was more popular than lesh, i remember seeing him at 16th most picked hero at one point. but the lesh wr was pretty good at ~56%

It largely depends on what bracket you play in. You and I have met each other a few times in unranked and I didn't see lesh all that often either. But I assume the higher you get the more fotm spammers you see. The only fotm heros I saw that much was gyro and bs and even then I still saw him as much as I saw heros like PA or riki.

That's why sniper meta was actually annoying rather than the fake annoyances over TB or alch or radiance/octarine naga or w/e; his pickrate was so damn high already

buff micro heroes

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
4k was one of 3 heroes mid:

Lina
Lesh
Storm

Gyro was in the safelane somewhere and BH/Tusk in the offlane.

I mean it wasn't that bad but really repetitive.

you're trying to tell me lesh wasn't popular in 6.84?

Back then he was as popular as Bananamancer, so yeah I don't think he was that popular at all.

It largely depends on what bracket you play in. You and I have met each other a few times in unranked and I didn't see lesh all that often either. But I assume the higher you get the more fotm spammers you see. The only fotm heros I saw that much was gyro and bs and even then I still saw him as much as I saw heros like PA or riki.

I guess the skill level is also a factor, but for heroes as straightforward as lesh I kind of doubt it.

G.ZZZ

Lesh was worse the higher MMR you went. I think overall his pick rate was not that good which is bizarre because he was literally free wins for pressing Q.

He was over 50% game presence above 5k i can confirm. About the same as storm i think, or mb not i should go check some old games.

Gondar was also a fucking permapick. Gyro and Tusk far less even if they were all the rage in comp.

inkls

I really don't understand why some high mmr player's form of trashtalk when they stack with their low mmr friends when you beat them is to say "you think you're good? 2k shitters"

Yeah, 2k shitters that still beat you rofl

I really don't understand why some high mmr player's form of trashtalk when they stack with their low mmr friends when you beat them is to say "you think you're good? 2k shitters"

There is direct colleration between mmr and NaCl levels in DOTA2 players.

A
VP, CDEC, VG, Liquid, Mineski

B
Secret, LGD, Fnatic, Ehome, DC(Ush stand-in Yawar)

t1445824800z4.png

Secret vs LGD
VP vs CDEC

Same as MLG, 2 games simultaneously

finally, some VG LAN action!

kionedrik

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Dotabuff pickrate and winrate have almost null information value since you're putting in the same bucket people that are literally only just starting the game and godlike players. You can look at it and spot trends but that's about it.

So sing has opened up his own clothing store
facepalm.gif

http://singsing.hitpoint.tv/[/IMG]

Pro career fail, time to cash in

20$ for a mouse pad... ok...
I'd buy the hoodie though (for 30$)

bbd23

Purchase Fallout 4 on Steam and get the exclusive Fallout 4 Announcer Pack for Dota 2, starring Mister Handy.*

The Dota 2 Fallout 4 Announcer Pack will replace the Default announcer and Mega-Kills announcer with the voice of everyone’s favorite robotic butler, Mister Handy.

The Fallout 4 Announcer Pack is expected to be available in Dota 2 by mid-November.

Well looks like I need to finally pull the trigger.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Dotabuff pickrate and winrate have almost null information value since you're putting in the same bucket people that are literally only just starting the game and godlike players. You can look at it and spot trends but that's about it.

The majority of players are neither, though. There was just recently a discussion about pubstompers' winrates at higher MMRs (Omniknight, Abba, etc.) and it's still high in those brackets. For a healthy majority of players, Lesh was not an every game thing, not to the same degree that PA post-arcana or Sniper were. That's what the pickrate stats suggest. The fotm thing just amplifies the illusion that everyone was seeing him more than they actually were.

Hylian7

Yep, that shit is hilarious.

My favorite is any game you are losing and a teammate says "This really is the worst bracket." Someone else or myself usually says "But you're down here too" and then they say their account is 5k or 6k. Uh huh, I'm suuuuure it is.
Well looks like I need to finally pull the trigger.

I preordered last week. This sounds cool.

Top Bottom