• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
EE kun is pretty pretty good when he doesnt need to be the leader

Yeah! Good player when he's not dooming illusions.
cheeky.gif

Yeah! Good player when he's not dooming illusions.
cheeky.gif

I mean it didn't matter at that point anyways.

What did matter was when, just after getting 2 ez kills, EE just blinks aggressively into 2-3 enemies for no discernible reason (without ulti up or team behind).

e:
Btw, wasn't aware you get a deny credited when you deny a frostblasted ally. I mean it's in line with the mechanics where the player dealing the blow that brings the target under the threshold gets the kill, I just didn't expect it to be like that for denies too.

Shinypogs

I have a question, where the fuck has Treant protector gone? He just sort of disappeared out of the meta one day and I don't understand why. I know heroes fade in and out of popularity but what caused him to be so undesirable lately? Or have I just been missing him in because mostly I see lots of dazzle, AA, some undying, some skywrath etc but not Tree.

Also pleased to see VG that that, I adore Iceiceice and his being just the most annoying fuck whenever he plays a heroes with minions or that builds necrobook.

Low Tier
Okay history lesson

LuminousInverse has a stay in dota 2 scene because he was actually a pioneer of dota 1, namely in his preservation and casting of chinese games (which were EXTREMELY) annoying to view as an everyman. He actually co-founded dotacommentaries.com, which was basically pre-twitch dota VODs which were casted by a group of commentators including LD (who was hired in later)

When they made the transition to dota 2, since Lumi was such a figure in dota 1, they brought him into dota 2. Looking back at it, yea his commentary was always atrocious, but he was one of the few sources of replays and pro-gaming for a lot of people.

the more you know

and he probably just stays on the scene cuz valve feels bad and LD is probably like vouch Lumi he's my fam

Satch

Banned
I have a question, where the fuck has Treant protector gone? He just sort of disappeared out of the meta one day and I don't understand why. I know heroes fade in and out of popularity but what caused him to be so undesirable lately? Or have I just been missing him in because mostly I see lots of dazzle, AA, some undying, some skywrath etc but not Tree.

i want to know why too
his ult has pretty low cd and disables through bkb, his aghs is really powerful when used intelligently, hes strong in aggressive dual offlanes
AA gets picked a lot now and iirc tree's living armor negates AA ult's damage ticks until the ticks chew through the armor stacks
he can scout using nature's guise, and i feel like he's good at diving and punishing enemy dives with leech seed and living armor. i honestly have no clue. on paper, he fits right in with the way the metagame is right now

i guess its just trends? idk tbh. maybe someone that knows more than me would have an idea

Low Tier
i want to know why too
his ult has pretty low cd and disables through bkb, his aghs is really powerful when used intelligently, hes strong in aggressive dual offlanes
AA gets picked a lot now and iirc tree's living armor negates AA ult's damage ticks until the ticks chew through the armor stacks
he can scout using nature's guise, and i feel like he's good at diving and punishing enemy dives with leech seed and living armor. i honestly have no clue. on paper, he fits right in with the way the metagame is right now

i guess its just trends? idk tbh. maybe someone that knows more than me would have an idea

cuz hes not a waifu

eyeroll.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
LD and Godz are filthy Secret bandwagoners, this biased cast is so annoying.

You have Merlini and Winter as analysts but you ask questions to Lumi NotLikeThis

Super is the one that dropped the ball, Ice at least got his Doom off even with the Linkens everywhere.

There were like 4 Linkens and 3 Lotus Orbs or something on Secret, that's really hard to play against as Doom.

he fucked up in the first big fight in front of their base, way before the linken and lotus were up. he blinked in and used doom on the very low SF that was cursed and was 100% dead anyway, then died. he then died again when he tped too close to the tower and died instantly. as well many other misplays.

Sanjay

he fucked up in the first big fight in front of their base, way before the linken and lotus were up. he blinked in and used doom on the very low SF that was cursed and was 100% dead anyway, then died. he then died again when he tped too close to the tower and died instantly. as well many other misplays.

Yeah I saw him dooming SF with 5% hp or something but they had a mek so I guess he just wanted to make sure but that game is a nightmare for Doom:-

Rubick Spell Steal, AA Blast, WK Reincarnation with Linkens & Lotus Orbs.

patapuf

secret's supports did so much this game, especially with the lotus orb. Some of the best usage of that item i've ever seen.

Shinypogs

Left halfway through game 2 to acquire nearby halfprice Halloween candy, now I can gorge during the rest of the series in peace and play a colour coded candy dota watching game.

Top Bottom