• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

bbd23

Icefrog its time... buff the Puck

yes

puck has the cutest voice in all of doto
cheeky.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What I don't understand about OD offlane is what you get out of it that makes it better than any other offlaner you might want instead. Lots of heroes 'work' in unconventional lanes, but that alone isn't enough to put them there unless you have to.

Hylian7

right now
Yeah, I was gonna say. Puck is actually pretty good right now. The only real problem with Puck is that it doesn't really scale well to late game. Mid has been about having a second carry/scaling hero there for the last few patches or so. Naga, Ember, SF, Storm, Lina (Aghs and Fiery Soul), QoP (Aghs and good attack damage), Windrunner, Tinker, and the others. I'm not sure what exactly prompted this shift in the mid meta, but out of all those, Puck does not scale. The closest thing is Aghs Coil snap going through BKB, but that's only really a step in the right direction. They could go the QoP route and make it all go through BKB, but who knows.

Wok

Called mid, some guy picks OD, so I pick a support instead, and he said OH BUT IM NOT GOING MID IM OFFLANE OD.

then he proceeds to get a 30 minutes shadowblade.

is there someone "famous" using that build or something?
I think it's not the first time I see it.

this was a ranked match btw

This is what I am about to do.

I am not messing around with Unranked games since they are a lot more serious: they are Very High Skill games with competent teammates, while Ranked games are often thrown by carry players who ask others to praise them so that they take part in fights and not get caught in afk farming the jungle.

Edit: Failed for the same reasons as usual.

l0Xk7e6.png

xanavi

razer's synapse software is the biggest pile of garbage ever

It's so hard shopping for mice these days. None are without flaws, even if you look past all the slow and bloated software they come with.

I'm a habitual peripheral cleaner and still every mouse I've ever owned (3 razers, 1 steelseries) has died of the same double-click, ghost scrolling issues.

I'm still looking for the durable, no-accel, laser mouse of my dreams.

kvk1

It's so hard shopping for mice these days. None are without flaws, even if you look past all the slow and bloated software they come with.

I'm a habitual peripheral cleaner and still every mouse I've ever owned (3 razers, 1 steelseries) has died of the same double-click, ghost scrolling issues.

I'm still looking for the durable, no-accel, laser mouse of my dreams.

I totally agree.

I left Logitech for Razer because the former's software became insanely bloated and crash prone.

Razer was fine for a while, but then they added that inane heatmap/movement tracking thing, and after that it was all downhill for them as well. Logitech levels of bloat and hang-ups.

Honestly I'm probably buying a no-software/no-frills mouse when my Deathadder calls it quits.

Got my eye on a Zowie FK1.

http://zowiegear.com/index.php?i=product&p=19

bbd23

I totally agree.

I left Logitech for Razer because the former's software became insanely bloated and crash prone.

Razer was fine for a while, but then they added that inane heatmap/movement tracking thing, and after that it was all downhill for them as well. Logitech levels of bloat and hang-ups.

Honestly I'm probably buying a no-software/no-frills mouse when my Deathadder calls it quits.

Got my eye on a Zowie FK1.

http://zowiegear.com/index.php?i=product&p=19
i own this mouse :)

Smithy C

I bitch a lot about Slark being OP af but getting someone on your team who can't play Slark is much more infuriating that playing against a good one just because you know you should be wrecking house but missed pounce after missed pounce after missed pounce.

I bitch a lot about Slark being OP af but getting someone on your team who can't play Slark is much more infuriating that playing against a good one just because you know you should be wrecking house but missed pounce after missed pounce after missed pounce.

Remember, there are no mistakes, just happy accidents.

Wok

I think I am getting there with Earth Spirit. In my last game, I managed to silence the whole ennemy team a few times with correct ultimates. Damage can be decent.

I would go Stout + Tango > Bottle > Boots of Speed > Power Treads or Guardian Greaves depending on the draft > Veil of Discord > Aghs > Blink Dagger. I imagine the ultra lategame could be Octarine or Sheepstick, but I went for Heart of Tarrasque whenever the game was going late.

HvfVopD.png

shira

The Nanyang finals are at 9am on a Sunday morning wtf
cBj1LTf.png

Dun wurry dud Frankfurt is in 8 days.

Friendly reminder this weekend all the TI5 chest stuff goes live!!!
0IL2Tm79FtNx.gif

DotoHAT-GAF dates of interest
TI5 Chest Immortal sell date
t1446336000z4.png

Necro Sullen Hollow
OD Shards of Exile
Rubick Staff of Perplex
Slardar Grasping Bludgeon
Tide Floodmask
AA Shatterblast Crown
BS Thist of Eztzhok
Alch Midas
Clock Paraflare Cannon
Visage Tolling Shadows

DrPizza

Banned
I use a Logitech Performance MX mouse, works pretty well.

I still slightly prefer the feel of Microsoft's mice, but they don't make any with as many buttons.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Torn between wanting to learn Juggernaut or Slark. I enjoy playing both about the same. Jugg seems more forgiving when behind due to his ability to farm the jungle quicker at earlier levels with the cutoff of being easier to counter in teamfights. Learning Slark feels like he could carry a lot harder in late game circumstances than Jugg though.

shira

the shatterblast AA thing is super cheap rn
Price from low to high
Visage Tolling Shadows
Tide Floodmask
OD Shards of Exile
Necro Sullen Hollow
AA Shatterblast Crown
Rubick Staff of Perplex
Clock Paraflare Cannon
Alch Midas
BS Thirst of Eztzhok

Is it just me or you can't buy the Eztzhok blades seperately?

JC Sera

Price from low to high
Visage Tolling Shadows
Tide Floodmask
OD Shards of Exile
Necro Sullen Hollow
AA Shatterblast Crown
Rubick Staff of Perplex
Clock Paraflare Cannon
Alch Midas
BS Thirst of Eztzhok

Is it just me or you can't buy the Eztzhok blades seperately?
their sell date separate is tomorrow, wait and they'll probably bee the cheapest

Top Bottom