• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Remember when Blizzard had this cool way of unlocking Cho'gall: http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/19957177

mjlol.png

kionedrik

one you get aghs and crystalys it doesn't even matter if you land the shackle, you melt them so quickly anyway

my problems with this argument is that, while being partially true, it's very flawed.

You need to spend 4k2 + 2k1 gold to get them, plus whatever boots you use, plus some sort of mana regen to get to that "godlike" state while being extremely susceptible to nukes and disables. So to be truly godlike you need to invest in some sort of magic block and movement aid, which can cost you more 4-7k.

There are quite a few of heroes that can do the same or more with far less investment and at much sooner stages of the game.

Auteezy

Banned
any of u guys play touhou defence of shrines, or fate arena? Can't believe how long its taking them for DBZ rpg custom game and Naruto Dota

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
my problems with this argument is that, while being partially true, it's very flawed.

You need to spend 4k2 + 2k1 gold to get them, plus whatever boots you use, plus some sort of mana regen to get to that "godlike" state while being extremely susceptible to nukes and disables. So to be truly godlike you need to invest in some sort of magic block and movement aid, which can cost you more 4-7k.

There are quite a few of heroes that can do the same or more with far less investment and at much sooner stages of the game.

Aghs is easy tbh, I got it fairly fast even with no hero kills and a couple of assists. From there you can gank quite easily just by windrunning someone farming at a creepwave or in the jungle and lashing them. And ofc you can push down towers for gold pretty easily too.

Kade

I played Defence of the Shrines, it's sick. One of the heroes has Lunar Eclipse but in a horizontal line in front of you and it costs 5% of your health to cast. Just stock up on HP items and you're gucci.

Auteezy

Banned
The only reward you get for playing dota is the solace in knowing you have enough self-restraint not to break your computer after each game.

Spurs

Neo Member
Ill have to give this a try, cheers. Losing isnt fun
aluna, aka the way more fun version of WR--global powershot eZ

also none of that hahalol 1200 range shackle focus fire instantly deleted from the game like using a fking awp on a bot in csgo bulLSHIT

Without even looking at any of your replays I can tell you with 99% certainty that the first thing you should do is immediately download and play Heroes of Newerth (HoN) like many others have elected to do, many on this very page. The greatest dota captains and players in the world are all ex-HoN players aka "hontrash", and playing HoN even for mere minutes will hone your strategic edge and enhance your reaction time enough to give you a minute, but noticeable advantage against the majority of dota/LoL only players. Think of HoN like the hyperbolic time chamber from DBZ.

Quesa

I'd honestly play league over dota if

a) there weren't so many heroes that paying for them seemed daunting
b) I didn't feel like I had to level up and use match-independent skill trees just to compete
c) I didn't find the art style garish

Being a dota fan feels like being the world's worst relationship sometimes, and I'm not talking about the game's difficulty or the people playing it. Valve probably does care about its fans and the game but it often feels as though they don't know how to express their feelings for us, and it leads to a lot of dumb shit that's basically made it so that on a whim I'd rather be playing HotS.

TUSR

Banned
The lie detector test determined this is a lie!

Ranked came out December of 2013.

brb while i post to /r/quityourbullshit
Then it was early 2014, it was after I transferred out of my previous university (UVIC Mech Eng program sucks).

I didn't do anything for a whole year. Time was lost and forgotten.

Auteezy

Banned
I'd honestly play league over dota if

a) there weren't so many heroes that paying for them seemed daunting
b) I didn't feel like I had to level up and use match-independent skill trees just to compete
c) I didn't find the art style garish

Being a dota fan feels like being the world's worst relationship sometimes, and I'm not talking about the game's difficulty or the people playing it. Valve probably does care about its fans and the game but it often feels as though they don't know how to express their feelings for us, and it leads to a lot of dumb shit that's basically made it so that on a whim I'd rather be playing HotS.

HotS is pretty fun to just like play for fun. I got no clue what i'm doing but at least things look cool and i have fun doing it

How do you DC folks survive. Traffic around Vienna/fairfax makes me want to off myself.

You get used to it. I honestly thought it had been getting better until a recent study said we spend more time sitting in traffic than any other city in the US. Now I notice it more and am getting stuck in places daily.

I saw the pay express lanes charging $15.00 the other day in NoVa when traffic was bad. That was to go less than 10 miles and the traffic was actually moving slower in them than the main lanes...I still don't understand adding pay only lanes when we have a traffic issue.

You get used to it. I honestly thought it had been getting better until a recent study said we spend more time sitting in traffic than any other city in the US. Now I notice it more and am getting stuck in places daily.

I saw the pay express lanes charging $15.00 the other day in NoVa when traffic was bad. That was to go less than 10 miles and the traffic was actually moving slower in them than the main lanes...I still don't understand adding pay only lanes when we have a traffic issue.
$$$$$$$$

kvk1

oh snap fish what are you doing in these neck of the woods

i was just in fairfax about an hour ago

yeah, we have the worst traffic in America, fact

Auteezy

Banned

HHAHEHAEHAEHAHAHAEHAEHAH

Somebodies never seen the 405 south in Los Angeles

oh snap fish what are you doing in these neck of the woods

i was just in fairfax about an hour ago

yeah, we have the worst traffic in America, fact
I have family in Vienna. We used to drive up here regularly for the holidays, but this is the first time in a while.

Top Bottom