• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

DrPizza

Banned
LTeptC5.png

Why, is EE on the lookout for new ways of dropping all your items on the ground and destroying them?

Auteezy

Banned
Why, is EE on the lookout for new ways of dropping all your items on the ground and destroying them?

EE always keeps an open mind about efficiency and proper ways to play the game. If he sees rtz climbing mmr so easily 7k+ up to like the 7.8k he was at one point then there must be something to his destroy items and feed down mid techniques that EE could potentially learn from. Possibly a way to bait the rubber band gold. Let's say you are a sniper and a guy has 100 hp and is in ward vision, you can drop your most expensive items and ult him to get the kill and possibly an extra 150 or more kill gold than if you had your items. Efficiency at it's finest.

TUSR

Banned
Dota TV Tickets
D2CL S7 Christmas Magic | Increasing prize pool. 25% of all sales go to the pool.
NGT Season 4
NCups Season 3
VivaWin Grand Slam Dota 2 Tournament
ProKits Arena
Dota Pit League Season Four | free to specatate
Dota 2 Canada Cup Season 6 Open Qualifiers | free to specatate
HELL League | free to specatate
Bishkek Stars League #3 - Winter is coming | free to specatate
CDEC Master | free to specatate
Ardens Cup #1 | free to specatate
Xpax Fantasy Fest 2015 Dota 2 Tournament | free to specatate
Telkomsel Wargame Championship Palembang 2015 | free to specatate
SIVVIT League | free to specatate
Gamicon 2015 | free to specatate
Global eSports Cup LAN Finals Season 1 | free to specatate
IHL3 ticket when?

Auteezy

Banned
lets be fair hon was a great go between from dota to dota2 as a lot of people by then were finding dota mechanics dated and shit. Especially when hon was in that free beta phase was like perfect timing

Friends, my Tinker play is best described as 'poor'. I have never been that interested in his kind of split-pushing playstyle either.

Is the 'build Bloodstone/Aghs and spam laser/rockets like a motherfucker' build acceptable in these times?

Hylian7

Friends, my Tinker play is best described as 'poor'. I have never been that interested in his kind of split-pushing playstyle either.

Is the 'build Bloodstone/Aghs and spam laser/rockets like a motherfucker' build acceptable in these times?

Tinker's harder to play these days because you really have to read the situation and figure out what the best build is.

Aghs will probably be the most common pickup though, as spamming 4 missiles is still pretty good. Of course, your team still needs damage to back this up. Refracting Laser is great on any Illusion carries, and whole teams if they clump up a lot.

I don't really like Bloodstone that much anymore on him as I feel like you just need items to be an asset to the team. If you're snowballing and have so much money you can't figure out what to do with it, sure, go for it, but otherwise I would get other items.

Items I like on him lately:

Aghs - Explained this one
Euls - Can be useful in certain matchups, Silencer being the biggest one.
Glimmer Cape - Refreshing Glimmer, especially with 0.75 Rearm time is really good.
Shiva's - Always been good on Tinker now, but now synergizes particularly well with Aghs since you have a ton of AoE.
Scythe - Always been good on Tinker, just have to figure out when you need it.
Dagon - Get this if you're ahead can blow up people quickly.
Lotus Orb - also great on 0.75 Rearm time.

Auteezy

Banned
Tinker's harder to play these days because you really have to read the situation and figure out what the best build is.

Aghs will probably be the most common pickup though, as spamming 4 missiles is still pretty good. Of course, your team still needs damage to back this up. Refracting Laser is great on any Illusion carries, and whole teams if they clump up a lot.

I don't really like Bloodstone that much anymore on him as I feel like you just need items to be an asset to the team. If you're snowballing and have so much money you can't figure out what to do with it, sure, go for it, but otherwise I would get other items.

Items I like on him lately:

Aghs - Explained this one
Euls - Can be useful in certain matchups, Silencer being the biggest one.
Glimmer Cape - Refreshing Glimmer, especially with 0.75 Rearm time is really good.
Shiva's - Always been good on Tinker now, but now synergizes particularly well with Aghs since you have a ton of AoE.
Scythe - Always been good on Tinker, just have to figure out when you need it.
Dagon - Get this if you're ahead can blow up people quickly.
Lotus Orb - also great on 0.75 Rearm time.

I'm guna have to respectfully disagree with almost everything written here. Bloodstone, dagon/scythe, e-blade is probably still the best option on the hero. I'd say dagon then scythe but some people do scythe first depends on the situation. Aghs is just a wasted inventory slot, I mean it's fine if an alch farms it for u but I think it's pretty shit.

I ended up not playing Tinker and ended up playing Elder Titan in a 65 minute game where our carry was Alchemist and their carry was a Medusa with two rapiers.

We won.

Artanisix

I'm guna have to respectfully disagree with almost everything written here. Bloodstone, dagon/scythe, e-blade is probably still the best option on the hero. I'd say dagon then scythe but some people do scythe first depends on the situation. Aghs is just a wasted inventory slot, I mean it's fine if an alch farms it for u but I think it's pretty shit.

no

Red UFO

dota buffs articles are so fucking shit, look at what the wrote about SF:

"At the same time he is quite susceptible to early game pressure and can't catch up very well. He is also one of the weakest buyback heroes in the game. Overall, he is designed to get ahead and maintain the top position and can be pretty weak in other scenarios"

what the fuck are they smoking

Someone said most of this to me while I was playing necro once.

Necro is pretty fucking strong in pubs imo, the 30s added respawn means objective are much easier to get. Needs a little farm though. Greaves + blink get you rolling
He's pretty fucking ass at damaging towers though, need a hard hitter with him for that

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
in case you're still CLINGING to the delusion that WR is okay and doesn't need nerfs

7rj4NvW.jpg

if tw*bear can score like this on the hero there is clearly something WRONG

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
one you get aghs and crystalys it doesn't even matter if you land the shackle, you melt them so quickly anyway

Top Bottom