• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
low difficulty, repetitive environments, terrible story

it's skyrim with better combat and fewer bugs, so your mileage may vary

so it's just a flat out better skyrim then? that doesn't sound so bad

Elite: dangerous sounded good, but then I watched Freakinchair deliver algae and potato chips for like 2 hours and was like ok this is actually trash; Domino's pizza delivery in space. Or maybe freakinchair is just trash?

Saprol

it's like batman except instead of knocking people out, you get to chop their head off and somehow they come back later with their head reattached for revenge

Twookie

i actually never finished shadow of mordor because my friends said the ending was so terrible that if i finished it would sour my view on the game

the combat in shadow of mordor is GOAT doe

Elite: dangerous sounded good, but then I watched Freakinchair deliver algae and potato chips for like 2 hours and was like ok this is actually trash; Domino's pizza delivery in space. Or maybe freakinchair is just trash?

I don't think it's correct to say its like skyrim at all. Its more like Assassin's Creed but somewhat less shit and with more orcs. If you ask me your ability to enjoy shadows of mordor is based on how much you like orcs, and the killing and ghost-torturing of them.

DrPizza

Banned

BAN STINKLS

happytears.gif

Kade

Mordor is just that garbage ass automated ass Fisher-Price ass Assassin's Creed/Batman combat and the Nemesis system which needed a better game. Upset that Monolith went from making NOLF, Captain Claw and FEAR to that and LOTR moba.

Trading is only one of the ways to play. Just become a space pirate like me.

Kade

You can be a reckless space gangster and ram all the ships you want with a high armour ship before the space cops come for you and you can have a space shootout.

That's why it got a bunch of GOTYs

I mean, at the sale price it is now it probably isn't a bad deal, there just isn't much depth to any aspect of the game. Then again if you want a batman game that actually runs on PC then I guess it's all you've got.

Hylian7

1) can i make a ship solely designed to ram other ppl and destroy their ship without putting in hundreds of hours?'
2) do i need a flight stick?

1. Depends on what kind of ships you're wanting to ram and destroy, but you can destroy some of the smaller ships pretty fast by ramming with some of the cheaper ships in the game. Obviously you aren't going to be getting the huge ships that you can ram and kill anything with instantly because that would be unbalanced as all hell.

2. Probably, some people play just fine with a gamepad, but pretty much every single person I have talked to likes a flight stick better, including myself. I started playing on an Xbox 360 controller. I got a flight stick and never looked back. Headtracking is also recommended, but not a requirement. As for which flight stick, it just depends on how much you are willing to spend. Plenty of people get by on the $40 flight sticks, but you can go into the mid-range of $100-$150 flight sticks, or the higher end setups like Dreams has into the $200s. Up to you really.

Yeah, like Cyborgmatt said, trading is just one option to make money. Part of Elite is the immersion in the game's environment. Sometimes I trade if I just want to relax. Combat is a viable path and is satisfying. Exploration is also an option, where you go really far out in the galaxy, away from civilization, and scan stuff you find there (planets, moons, stars, black holes, etc.)

Demoli

Daily reminder windrunner is a huge piece of shit and everyone who defends her cares more about lusting over a drawing than game balance.

Wok

The drama about Loda is pretty sick. From what I read:
  • Loda's girlfriend had an argument with Loda's opponent in the past,
  • Loda's girlfriend had previously cheated on him, so Loda got mad at a tweet implying she cheated again,
  • Loda prefers to hide his baldness with a cap, so his opponent decided to call out that Loda pushed his "forehead" into the other's face, and then one of the opponent's friends suggested that being bald at Loda's age is a life failure.
People can be pretty mean.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
HEY LODA, I’M TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY LEGION COMMANDER. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX OVERWHELMING ODDS LIKE THE ODDS IN FAVOR OF RL WHEN HE USED HIS 200 POUNDS TO CRUSH YOU, MOMENT OF COURAGE LIKE THE ONE YOU HAD WHEN YOU DECIDED TO CONFRONT RL, OR DUEL LIKE THE ONE RL CHALLENGED YOU TO?

Auteezy

Banned
HEY LODA, I’M TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY LEGION COMMANDER. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX OVERWHELMING ODDS LIKE THE ODDS IN FAVOR OF RL WHEN HE USED HIS 200 POUNDS TO CRUSH YOU, MOMENT OF COURAGE LIKE THE ONE YOU HAD WHEN YOU DECIDED TO CONFRONT RL, OR DUEL LIKE THE ONE RL CHALLENGED YOU TO?

how do you even have the gall to post anything after that pounding you just took?

in fact how are you even sober enough to have the dexterity required to copy paste something right now is the better question?

Hylian7

So Reddit and Twitter are kind of a mess to read, can someone give me a summary of this whole Loda thing?

As I understand it, Loda tweeted that RL assaulted him when he was backstage. RL said he didn't, something about Loda wearing a hat to covr himself being bald and the top of his head mistaken for his forehead?

tootsi666

So Reddit and Twitter are kind of a mess to read, can someone give me a summary of this whole Loda thing?

As I understand it, Loda tweeted that RL assaulted him when he was backstage. RL said he didn't, something about Loda wearing a hat to covr himself being bald and the top of his head mistaken for his forehead?
1. RLewis makes jokes about Hiko's (CSGO pro) mom on twitter. Kelly gets upset and claims RLewis ruined Hiko's life for a year by exposing matchfixers who were supposed to become EG CSGO with Hiko. Those matchfixers got banned and Hiko was left teamless.
2. RLewis retaliates. Calls Kelly out for claiming matchfixing never happened. https://twitter.com/RLewisReports/status/670573578333593600?s=09
3. Loda gets mad. Aggressive tweets are exchanged.
4. Loda and RLewis fight in the DH backstage.
5. Loda goes to twitter and the whole thing explodes.
This is the classic "Fite me irl" gone bad for Loda

Our chivalrous young stud trying to defend his fair maiden, Kelly Milkies, has been bested by the neanderthalic cretin that is Richard Lewis.

Finally read up on loda stuff. Are people really surprised RL acted like a shit stirring fuckhead? I don't see how anyone can know who he is and not want to kick him in the shins, honestly.
its just too bad that in all this Loda drama no one thought to punch Thorin in his stupid fucking face
also this.

Mordor was so fucking good.

Neogaf hate on it just proves this website is all about anime and liking bullshit obscure games like upskirt internet rage simulator.

Hylian7

1. RLewis makes jokes about Hiko's (CSGO pro) mom on twitter. Kelly gets upset and claims RLewis ruined Hiko's life for a year by exposing matchfixers who were supposed to become EG CSGO with Hiko. Those matchfixers got banned and Hiko was left teamless.
2. RLewis retaliates. Calls Kelly out for claiming matchfixing never happened. https://twitter.com/RLewisReports/status/670573578333593600?s=09
3. Loda gets mad. Aggressive tweets are exchanged.
4. Loda and RLewis fight in the DH backstage.
5. Loda goes to twitter and the whole thing explodes.

Jesus, I don't know anything about Hiko and Kelly, but while matchfixing is awful and they deserved being banned, none of these shenanigans from RLewis were called for.

Top Bottom