• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

fUCK sniper and fuck sniper PICKERS

TECHIES AND SNIPER NEED TO STAY IN THE DUMPSTER 4EVER TO ENSURE A HEALTHY DOTA 2 GAME TY

x1OBtMT.png

dac15_cool.gif

If your dude come close to me
He gon' wanna ride off in a ghost with me (I'll make him do it)
I might let your boy chauffeur me
But he gotta eat the booty like groceries
But he gotta get rid of these hoes for me
I might have that nigga selling his soul for me
Ooh, that's how it post to be
If he wants me to expose the freak
Everything good like it post to be
Ooh

Raise ur donger if you eat the booty like groceries

yarden24

so I have a problem,

recently I've climbed quite a bit mmr wise, and where in my former mmr I used to be a decent mid, now I pretty much always lose the lane, or at best if the match up is favorable I break even.
even when I offlane nowadays I feel I do poorly in lane.

Im actually still slowly climbing mmr wise, but it seems to me its mostly because i can position well in team fights, and i have decent map awareness. what do the people of Gaf suggest I do?

abunai

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ elder titan buffs ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

so I have a problem,

recently I've climbed quite a bit mmr wise, and where in my former mmr I used to be a decent mid, now I pretty much always lose the lane, or at best if the match up is favorable I break even.

Im actually still slowly climbing mmr wise, but it seems to me its mostly because i can position well in team fights, and i have decent map awareness. what do the people of Gaf suggest I do?

Do you lose the lane because of being outfarmed/denied or just getting killed? There's always the 1v1 mode to practice last hits and stuff versus people. If your map awareness is grand and you're not dying to ganks, perhaps watch a replay of yourself with fresh eyes where you are not in the context of the game. It's usually easier to spot things like mis-positioning from an 'outside' perspective and learn something from it. Maybe even contrast with better mid players, not even necessarily professional people.

so I have a problem,

What constitutes as doing poorly?

Maybe be slightly less aggressive in offlane, I watched your SB match the other day and you weren't respecting the fact they could kill that easily. Understand that you can hug your tower and miss XP in order to be sure.

Positioning/map awareness/item selection will always trump a poor start so maybe those aspects of your game over compensate for the fact you aren't doing as well at the start.

yarden24

Do you lose the lane because of being outfarmed/denied or just getting killed? There's always the 1v1 mode to practice last hits and stuff versus people. If your map awareness is grand and you're not dying to ganks, perhaps watch a replay of yourself with fresh eyes where you are not in the context of the game. It's usually easier to spot things like mis-positioning from an 'outside' perspective and learn something from it. Maybe even contrast with better mid players, not even necessarily professional people.

I mean, kinda both, I CS poorly, and then I also get overly aggressive and get punished for it, maybe its because I get frustrated from my poor CS that I do so. ill try and watch a replay and see if I see anything

What constitutes as doing poorly?

Maybe be slightly less aggressive in offlane, I watched your SB match the other day and you weren't respecting the fact they could kill that easily. Understand that you can hug your tower and miss XP in order to be sure.

Positioning/map awareness/item selection will always trump a poor start so maybe those aspects of your game over compensate for the fact you aren't doing as well at the start.

I feel I dont get enough in the lane, like CS and XP, im sure the other factors compensate for it, recently a lot of the games ive fed like crazy early game, yet proceeded to have less deaths then most of my time when the game was done

abunai

wew lad
e
w
l
a
d

are we gonna get the desert map with 686 if they're doing map changes?

so what can we expect for LD/void/doom/riki/DP ?

Riki will probably get a big rework, he just doesn't work right now compared to heroes like BH and nyx
I think void's passives will be changed, they're pretty stupid right now (RNG invuln, RNG bash that falls off really hard)
Don't know what they can do to doom, he seems fine to me ?
LD may get some better scaling ? I don't know
DP will probably see changes to her passive and silence. Q and R are fine

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Would they actually release 6.86 1 day before WCA? I imagine that's going to throw a spanner in the works for the teams.

Would they actually release 6.86 1 day before WCA? I imagine that's going to throw a spanner in the works for the teams.

They will probably release the patch on monday but reveal it today. If icefrog is to be believed when he said how big the patch will be it will probably need some fixing in the test client that will last longer than it usually does

Hylian7

so what can we expect for LD/void/doom/riki/DP ?

Riki will probably get a big rework, he just doesn't work right now compared to heroes like BH and nyx
I think void's passives will be changed, they're pretty stupid right now (RNG invuln, RNG bash that falls off really hard)
Don't know what they can do to doom, he seems fine to me ?
LD may get some better scaling ? I don't know
DP will probably see changes to her passive and silence. Q and R are fine
I think for LD, Synergy will be reworked into an active, and maybe Rabid will be reworked too.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

6.85: nobody gives a shit about wca
6.86: everybody gives a shit about wca (a tourney no one should rly give a shit about)

RELEASE THE GODDAM KRAKEN, ICEFROG TAKE ME 2 DA CANDY SHOP

Top Bottom