• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

what if they delay it to christmas eve so it looks like valve gave us the patch as a present

Santa+gabe+steam+sales_5215df_4935208.jpg

This image will truly be relevant

M.D

so ppd and fly both said they think earth spirit will be enabled in cm this patch

i wonder if they got inside information or are just guessing

so ppd and fly both said they think earth spirit will be enabled in cm this patch

i wonder if they got inside information or are just guessing
Icefrog talks to pros about what their thoughts are, he probably didn't outright tell them but they most likely put two and two together.

Witcher 3 is way better than I thought it would be. Loved 1 and 2 but can't stand open world. Witcher 3 does a decent job of not boring me though. I feel like the world ain't too big so traversing it doesn't take ages.

abunai

TW1 GOAT but tw3 manages to not even feel like an open world game, because it's just as content dense as the 'areas' in 1/2 without getting overwhelming. No idea how they did it but it's amazing. Plus gwent.

Tried tw1 a while back but combat revulsed me... I got tw3 free with my 970, can i skip 1&2 ?

Yeah, sadly for me there are few meaningful hints at its predecessors. Was surprised back then that Witcher 2 didn't refer to Witcher 1's story line in any shape or form (or non that I remember). Same with W3.

Some characters do reoccur however.

abunai

I think you'd be missing out but you don't need to play 1 or 2 to enjoy 3. Each story is rather self contained with only a one or two threads linking the three in the grand scheme of things.

Nere

Anyone rocking a 960? How is it with MGS V? I want to upgrade the GOAT 5870 but not wanting to spend too much you get me.

I would like to know too because I am planning to upgrade to the 960 in christmas too. Also forgive my ignorance but doesn't neogaf has any thread only for computer discussions for hardware and software?

I would like to know too because I am planning to upgrade to the 960 in christmas too. Also forgive my ignorance but doesn't neogaf has any thread only for computer discussions for hardware and software?

This thread is for hardware component recommendation and for guides to build your own PC. You can also get some good general advice, PC-related.

For tech-support, there's this thread.

For something more specific, you'll have to either search for it or just make your own thread.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
so I have a problem,

recently I've climbed quite a bit mmr wise, and where in my former mmr I used to be a decent mid, now I pretty much always lose the lane, or at best if the match up is favorable I break even.
even when I offlane nowadays I feel I do poorly in lane.

Im actually still slowly climbing mmr wise, but it seems to me its mostly because i can position well in team fights, and i have decent map awareness. what do the people of Gaf suggest I do?

In terms of laning on mid there are countless things I consider when I go mid.
First is matchup. You have to know what your hero can do against the hero you'll likely laning against. Can you bully him? or is it the other way around? Will CS-ing prove difficult? Would you need help at some point early game?

Second is item choices at the beginning. What will help you? what would you need? do you need that extra bit of damage? do you need a tango AND a potion before you could farm a bottle? do you even need a bottle? Try to get a feel of what item choices you find comfort in using if you don't feel so flexible yet.

Third is prioritization. Do you have to choose to go for harrass, CS or for denies. If you feel that you will fare better with a faster 6 then doing denies over some CS is better. Against a hero/player that relies on cs and is good at CS-ing. Being inconsistent in your cs pattern throws them off. Also, do you have to stay in the lane? is it better to go around roaming once you're 5/6? You also have to consider your team and their team's makeup and what you can do to make the most impact.

What helps a lot is practice and watching professionals play. What's their mindset? what makes them so good? One trend I've seen is they don't hesitate at times to spam skills for quick CS and they spam bottle courier. bottle courier microing is a great skill to practice too.
goodjob.gif

This is what I usually consider before I go mid. Sometimes I don't think at all. HEHE. Just find a gameplan taht you find most comfortable. What matters is you get to have fun overall.

How do some of you manage to steadily post 10+ posts per day over the course of years? I genuinely asked myself at some point how that is possible.

Vade

How do some of you manage to steadily post 10+ posts per day over the course of years? I genuinely asked myself at some point how that is possible.

Total Posts: 5,539 (3.31 posts per day)

You can do it; here are some great tips:

Are you a member of the female species? Is that mean old patriarchy getting you down and repressed? Post about how society, would be better if all the left-wing ideas you read on tumblr, reddit/r/bernie, msnbc would become real. Shill things such as Undertale, Hyliansleven posts, and Anita Sarkeesian as if someone had a planted a bomb in your family's house and it would go off if you do not post 20 plus times. Basically Speed with posts.

Are you a member of the male species? Are all these SJW keeping you from enjoying the things you love such as Dead or Alive Extreme Beachvolley, 12 year old looking girl dragons that are really 40,000 years old so it's fine. Wouldn't the world be better if everyone had a gun? Post about how Switzerland requires all citizens to have guns and how low their crime rate is. Do not post facts like, homo-genious society, how no one actually has ammunition for said guns, or the massive training that is required; these 'facts' just cloud the argument.

Are you Milkman? Then are is no limits to your posting throw your head into the keyboard it does not matter. Post about how you tried to kill a mentally handicapped individual by feeding them a metal mouse ball. It does not matter nothing can stop you (except OT).

Top Bottom