• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

I can't believe it... they were hiding Wu-tang until the end, then cut it short. Use that instead of this coldplay song in breaks pls.

Aesthet1c

I know Navi was snowballing pretty good that game, but it felt pretty early for a GG call. Disappointed Alliance gave up so easily.

BeesEight

Didn't some old school 1.6 tournaments have bo5 and if loser wins that another bo5? Let's do that

1.6? As in counter strike?

I mean for baseball, hockey, soccer, football etc...

I could be wrong, but aren't counter strike matches much shorter than the average Dota game?

I know Navi was snowballing pretty good that game, but it felt pretty early for a GG call. Disappointed Alliance gave up so easily.

It was over. They took both supports for nothing and Na'Vi trivially bulled over them 3 vs. 5. When you lose a fight like that, right next to the base, it's over.

kvk1

I don't know if taking the drafts away from S4 had any difference for Alliance.

Also, Loda seemed to be in a weird headspace all tournament. Super QQ the whole time.

The team just look demoralized through the drafts. No inputs from anyone, nobody talking.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Satch

Banned
watching pro competitive play always makes me want to pick up and focus on learning supports

they always have such high impact throughout the game at their level. i wanna play like that :|

Demoli

5th LAN in a row Alliance looking ropey. Less so in this one, but they got absolutely rinsed in the final.

Even if they lost, this is the only Lan after .79 where alliance looked straight up solid. Na'vi played the finals way better with S4 losing them the first 2 games and naga the third, while Na'vi Roster made barely any mistakes.

You also seem to be forgetting how they utterly dominated every single other game.

Very surprised by Funn1k's Nyx plays, moreso against sigma yesterday (or friday? can't recall). Amazing impales.

Radec

Gyro was basically a "Call Down" contributors mid to late game, he got no dmg and thats Alliance's carry. While Xboct is twice his networth with aegis then they got team wiped. Thats GG.

Aesthet1c

It was over. They took both supports for nothing and Na'Vi trivially bulled over them 3 vs. 5. When you lose a fight like that, right next to the base, it's over.

they were driven to gg after the humiliation of getting wiped 3x5.

Yeah, it was "over", but I've seen teams come back from worse. Being a deciding game for them, you'd think they would at least hold on as long as they could.

Even if they lost, this is the only Lan after .79 where alliance looked straight up solid. Na'vi played the finals way better with S4 losing them the first 2 games and naga the third, while Na'vi Roster made barely any mistakes.

You also seem to be forgetting how they utterly dominated every single other game.

Very surprised by Funn1k's Nyx plays, moreso against sigma yesterday (or friday? can't recall). Amazing impales.

They got utterly utterly embarrassed in the finals today.

They looked less ropey, then they go to pre-6.79 line ups.

5th LAN they've not looked up to their own standards.

You put the blame on S4, where were the other team mates to pick up the slack? Bulldog was completely anonymous, Funn1k won that game with his bad man nyx plays.

Something needs to change if they're wanting to keep up.

Satch

Banned
kuroky is cute a bit
il8ZGMzTmxlFu.gif

kvk1

Man, that was a great series.

Starladder really upped the English side of their production.

I would say almost rivaling MLG as a 2nd to TI.

ReRixo

Banned
I'm glad Alliance established that they're not falling apart, but unless something drastic happens they're not a top tier team any more. Even ignoring their bad form before this tournament, they haven't made any amazing plays in months. Loda needs to stop drafting too, as all his drafts are just built around him and what he thinks is his amazing carry play. TI4 finals will be Navi vs DK, unless something major comes from the chinese team shuffle.

At least Navi vs Sigma was good.

Artanisix

They got utterly utterly embarrassed in the finals today.

They looked less ropey, then they go to pre-6.79 line ups.

5th LAN they've not looked up to their own standards.

You put the blame on S4, where were the other team mates to pick up the slack? Bulldog was completely anonymous, Funn1k won that game with his bad man nyx plays.

Something needs to change if they're wanting to keep up.

relax 6.80 is coming out soon and then alliance will start winning again

shira

I'm glad Alliance established that they're not falling apart, but unless something drastic happens they're not a top tier team any more. Even ignoring their bad form before this tournament, they haven't made any amazing plays in months. Loda needs to stop drafting too, as all his drafts are just built around him and what he thinks is his amazing carry play. TI4 finals will be Navi vs DK, unless something major comes from the chinese team shuffle.

At least Navi vs Sigma was good.

Alliance earning this week
1st D2CL $25k - Destroyed their ex-captain
2nd StarLadder $31k - Cheap trip to Kiev

Terrible.

Razzer

So I missed this but am looking forward to watching the VODs.

With so many people raving about Funnik, it reminds me of how when he first arrived everyone was so skeptical, how could he live up to the great LightofHeaven? And now he's arguably the best offlaner in the world (Ice3 being the other for me) and LoH is nowhere.

What would people say are the best players in each position east and west? Interested to know.

So I missed this but am looking forward to watching the VODs.

With so many people raving about Funnik, it reminds me of how when he first arrived everyone was so skeptical, how could he live up to the great LightofHeaven? And now he's arguably the best offlaner in the world (Ice3 being the other for me) and LoH is nowhere.

What would people say are the best players in each position east and west? Interested to know.

he was arguably the series MVP though I'd be remiss to not put Dendi up there too. The plays he was repeatedly making were stupid good.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
man after watching pro dota i got the urge to to play dota who knew! i'm gonna do ranked CM and try to be captain, lets see if i get inspired by the starladder finals.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
watching pro competitive play always makes me want to pick up and focus on learning supports

they always have such high impact throughout the game at their level. i wanna play like that :|

a good support(s) is a lifesaver, makes playing dota like getting a relaxing massage

Start Ranked Matchmaking search.
Get into game: "Hi everyone!" - no response.
"I'm best as mid or carry, but I can play whatever" - no response.
Hover over Legion Commander. Wait to see enemy picks like a good boy (yadayada all pick I know, but I wanted some freedom and didn't have a lot of time)
Keep on Legion for about 30 seconds. Chinese guy on my team picks Legion. Er okay, fine, I suggested her and had it selected, but whatever.
No communication, so pick Doom - I'mma solo this. Pick Doom, call jungle.
3 seconds afterwards, Legion calls jungle.
Sigh.
No, Legion, go in lane, please.
Next picks for my team - Pudge, Death prophet, Necrophos.
What.
Legion feeds.
Necrophos feeds.
Pudge: "noob team gg"
Uninstall DOTA 2.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Übermatik;97694915 said:
Hover over Legion Commander. Wait to see enemy picks like a good boy (yadayada all pick I know, but I wanted some freedom and didn't have a lot of time)
Keep on Legion for about 30 seconds. Chinese guy on my team picks Legion. Er okay, fine, I suggested her and had it selected, but whatever.
Sigh.
What.
Legion feeds.
Necrophos feeds.
Uninstall DOTA 2.

If youre gonna play ranked its CM or nothing, most of the people who play that mode are usually not awful in my experience.

Shinypogs

I thought only Bomber could take me from hope to disappointment this quickly.

I'm less upset that Navi won, because they played great and I find them charming, than I am frustrated at how Alliance seemed so lackluster today. I wanted an epic, down to the wire finals, where no matter who won you could say something positive about both sides performances during that series.

Ahh well, at least I got to see Iceiceice invoker last night. I wish I could play invoker :(
I can never remember the spell combinations.

Back to figuring out Treant protector.

Spookie

Übermatik;97694915 said:
Sigh.
What.
Legion feeds.
Necrophos feeds.
Uninstall DOTA 2.

I just had a void chronosphere his entire team in an enemy teams eclipse.

Edit: Just had a SK and a Ursa insist on going bottom long lane together.
They fucking crushed it, both getting god likes

Sunday Dota. (TM)

Can we all agree that if playing on 100%, Na'vi is the best team around?
Sadly they can't get 100% all the time, so DK, IG and maybe even Alliance is more consinstent all around. Today Na'vi was 100%.

FACE

Banned
Übermatik;97694915 said:
Sigh.
What.
Legion feeds.
Necrophos feeds.
Uninstall DOTA 2.

Solo queueing is suffering.

NBtoaster

Turns out Kunkka is a lot better when you actually learn how to X->Torrent. In the past I've always tried to get free torrents and my record with him is 2 wins 10 losses.

Razzer

Turns out Kunkka is a lot better when you actually learn how to X->Torrent. In the past I've always tried to get free torrents and my record with him is 2 wins 10 losses.

If you are really good you can do what sing does, throw the boat out first then torrent, all without needing X. Whenever I see him do it on stream it's like he's psychic.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I thought this was supposed to be Year of the Horse.

Did we travel back in time???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom