• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeesEight

Yeah, the real problem is having to balance the games to be a good spectator sport.

The double elim Bo3 format makes it that the series could potentially end after 2 games, which is pretty damn lackluster (admittedly WB advantage of one game doesn't fix this) and could instead stretch up to six. Bo5 would be even crazier in that regard.

So a single Bo5 is usually the best way to ensure a decent length while still keeping it in a reasonable timeframe.

I don't really like it, but that's the way it is.

How many sports follow an "actual double elimination?"

As you said, Dota matches are too long for any of this. I like best of five with no winner's advantage. They get to the finals with fewer games which is advantage enough.

Dec

Would it make sense for Dendi to get an early magic stick because he will win the lane anyways, and it will provide healing if they gank him early?

Like before 6.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Would it make sense for Dendi to get an early magic stick because he will win the lane anyways, and it will provide healing if they gank him early?

Like before 6.

That's what I would think.
I don't think he was suspecting a Naga mid like they were talking about. Having DK anywhere but mid in this game would have been very uncharacteristic.

Edit: Jesus what a fight in mid.

Dec

Man, Song initiations have something magical and dramatic about them.

The calm before the storm. A lot of team fights happen immediately as a player sees an opening, that spell allows the building of anticipation with the audience knowing there will 100% be a fight in a few moments.

And Valve's fantastic sound design.

Chris R

I'd love to see a casters UI at some point. No reason a caster should use the same UI as in game. Plenty of chances to add more info that the user might find useful to the screen without getting it too cluttered.

How many sports follow an "actual double elimination?"

As you said, Dota matches are too long for any of this. I like best of five with no winner's advantage. They get to the finals with fewer games which is advantage enough.

Didn't some old school 1.6 tournaments have bo5 and if loser wins that another bo5? Let's do that

ViviOggi

aWVwq1p.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom