• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

I wanna show cool stuff too
sad.gif

Vindictive Protector Set

Kukri (cool knife for Pudge)

Wizened Bear (cool form for Druid)

Aegis of Slyrak (badass shield for Donkey Kong, also comes in Chaos Knight flavor)

Aegis of Chaos

Heavy Armor of Ambry

The Master (swag as fuck) Strategist

The Fresh Case (some new booze for Brew)

Set of the Keltic Ranger

Lifestealer`s Armlet of Mordiggian

more to come
hex.gif

Big Dog

Cyborg Matt, would you mind sharing the thoughts that go into developing and releasing the next hero on the list of unreleased ones? I'm just curious what makes you guys pick either Techies, Oracle, or any of the others who are left to add. Or are there multiple employees working on a few heroes at a time?

Cyborg Matt, would you mind sharing the thoughts that go into developing and releasing the next hero on the list of unreleased ones? I'm just curious what makes you guys pick either Techies, Oracle, or any of the others who are left to add. Or are there multiple employees working on a few heroes at a time?
Considering Cyborgmatt does not actually work for Valve he's probably the wrong person to ask.

Artanisix

He does not work at Valve.

http://i.imgur.com/opMH4xT.jpg?1?6037

But apparently he now works for a team.
Team playa'
CuXpsp0.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So my TI4 pin code is semi scratched and I tried over 20 combinations it could be but none of them are redeeming. Guess I have to email WLF in addition to my Doom having glue all over it.

So my TI4 pin code is semi scratched and I tried over 20 combinations it could be but none of them are redeeming. Guess I have to email WLF in addition to my Doom having glue all over it.
Are you redeeming it in game or on Steam?

Do it on Steam if you aren't already.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Are you redeeming it in game or on Steam?

Do it on Steam if you aren't already.
Sorry you have to deal with like 500 people stupid about this, but yes, Steam of course (I mean it is on the instructions).
I redeemed 10 of my cards no problem and 2 other pins.

I've exhausted every possible combination it could be so I'm vexed.

Big Dog

Considering Cyborgmatt does not actually work for Valve he's probably the wrong person to ask.

But... but... my entire world has just been turned upside down. This entire time I have been tricked into thinking he worked there! Aaaaaaahh!!! Can't believe I did not hear this before. Now I feel silly.

Chris R

I had a similar issue with one of my codes (Secret Shop pin from Day 4)

Lucky for me I had nothing better to do and only 16 different combos to try!

Actually while Matt's here he might be able to answer this.

Given that there are quite a few cosmetic items now that change particle effects, what happens when the spell associated with that cosmetic changes in function (either entirely or partly)? Does the cosmetic get updated with a new spell effect?

So, I'm about 50 games into bot games...and got a question about my first real match.

How do you guys figure out what lane/hero to pick. Just sort of wing it? I'm assuming it'll just be all over in the lower newbie area that I'll be placed in.

Chris R

So, I'm about 50 games into bot games...and got a question about my first real match.

How do you guys figure out what lane/hero to pick. Just sort of wing it? I'm assuming it'll just be all over in the lower newbie area that I'll be placed in.

Just wing it. I mean you can try to pick a hero to fit a composition, but honestly I'd just click random (200g bonus!) and roll with that. It will expose you to the heroes and various roles.

I either wait for everyone to pick and pick what we need(you'd be surprised how often mid is still open) or just pick what I want and call a lane. I'd suggest you do the latter and just try out a hero you like(I'm guessing you have a preference after 50 games).

yami4ct

Been loving the real player games I've been spending with learning support-Lich, but man do randoms having no clue how to take advantage of my supporting frustrate me. What use does planting up wards all over if people ignore obvious ganks incoming or make no use of the information in general? I can only direct the team so much. You also get guys who are in trouble in team fights, I slow an enemy to give them an escape mechanism and they insist on suicide auto-attacking. I guess I really need to get a group of friends/team together and start using voice chat.

Ketch

Sorry you have to deal with like 500 people stupid about this, but yes, Steam of course (I mean it is on the instructions).
I redeemed 10 of my cards no problem and 2 other pins.

I've exhausted every possible combination it could be so I'm vexed.

Have you tried 0-9?

MikeDown

Banned

Uh what I did first starting out is i chose the hero I had the most experience with, letting other players build around that. So basically wing it. Also you could wait and see what the enemy picks and try someone who can counter. As far as lanes go, just call what one you want.

Quesa

° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .   . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...somewhere... ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .  * :. ...in a parallel universe... ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ...Steve has posted the bandits picture...° ☾ ★ °● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★

Aselith

It does need a surrender button IMO. If the match snowballs, it ends up 20 mins of the opposing team spawn camping. Id rather not waste time in a game that is over.

Anything over MAYBE 5 minutes for spawn camping is super, duper rare. 5 minutes even is very rare. Let's be real here they'll get a few kills then end it. It might feel like 20 minutes but just no.

Ketch

I know this is old hat, but is the shadow shaman immortal supposed to have a gem in it? just double checking before i pick one up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I know this is old hat, but is the shadow shaman immortal supposed to have a gem in it? just double checking before i pick one up.

Nope, the only immortal from the Trove Carafe or the Luckvase to have a Kinectic gem was the Empyrean (Which also seems a bit bugged in that it won't show for a lot of people, but that will likely get fixed later)

My TI4 pin code was busted, I made an issue with Steam Support. They asked for an (unaltered, lol) picture of my TI4 pass and my photo ID. A week later they put it directly into my Steam inventory.

caesar

Banned

50 bot games?! Just go online man.

Kreunt

Banned
Anyone who thinks a Concede option/vote is a good idea should go play like 10 games of HoN and experience idiots spamming concede as soon as anyone loses a fight.

Just wing it for the most part, but generally it's going to be a 1 farming/carry hero and 1 support in each lane and a generic mid hero in the mid.
Though I guess you're probably not going to have much of an idea of what fills those roles until you play some real matches.

eznark

Banned
Awesome! Did you get random ones or specifically purchase the gold ones?

You could purchase the gold ones? These LiveWire bought for me at the event, just arrived today. Got the ES totem and the razor hat.

the gold items seem way, way shittier than the standard items. Doom and Tiny feel like 3x as substantial.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My TI4 pin code was busted, I made an issue with Steam Support. They asked for an (unaltered, lol) picture of my TI4 pass and my photo ID. A week later they put it directly into my Steam inventory.
Cool thanks.
You could purchase the gold ones? These LiveWire bought for me at the event, just arrived today. Got the ES totem and the razor hat.

the gold items seem way, way shittier than the standard items. Doom and Tiny feel like 3x as substantial.
No you can't. Seems like 10% odds.

At least you can sell the gold item for (was $200) and buy more figures.

bbd23

what do people get out of shitting on others for an entire game? do they feel its going to make that person improve? guy was going hard at our CM. I felt bad man

eznark

Banned
Cool thanks.

No you can't. Seems like 10% odds.

At least you can sell the gold item for (was $200) and buy more figures.

Of the people in the Madden thread that had Live get them for us, we had 5 golden. I think we ordered like 10? MaddenGAF best GAF

Also that totem is supposedly going for $400 on the market

Top Bottom