• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airan

Highlights for me were that chakram > chain escape into Dire jungle by Ice3, that base sunstrike on NP by Black, and that Fy Sand King just in general

VG is goddamn impressive.

Mohasus

navi and alliance should merge
Kappa.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Great tournament.

Only disappointment was EG showing up with their list of 9 deathball heroes and trying to execute the same strat every game. Glad they lost and got punished for it. I think this tourney finally showed that the deathball of 6.81 is definitely gone, it's still viable but not nearly as dominant and there are A LOT more ways to play around it. We saw 4 protect 1, we saw no carry strats, we saw tri-core, we saw quad core. Myriad of different strats that all won some games. Late game and early game.

Kudos to the frog as always.

Zeth

I'll be watching Iceiceice's Timber matches again. What a player.

Great tournament.

Only disappointment was EG showing up with their list of 9 deathball heroes and trying to execute the same strat every game. Glad they lost and got punished for it. Well I think this tourney finally showed that the deathball of 6.81 is definitely gone, it's still viable but not nearly as dominant and there are A LOT more ways to play around it.

It's weird EG comes away looking the least flexible. Or maybe stubborn. But this tournament had so much great Dota - this really bodes well for upcoming tournaments and the new patch in general.

JustinBB7

New patch:

Fixed a Meepo item exploit

Fixed various methods by which the IP of the game server you are playing on could be revealed to a third party..

In the latest Steam Beta client, your IP is no longer revealed via unaccepted Voice Call requests.

The Game Info feature on the Steam Friends List no longer shows the IP of the gameserver you are on.

League games will now automatically pause when any player disconnects. It will remain paused for up to 24 hours if all players are disconnected.

Local lobby league games can now be viewed through DotaTV. However, this is recommended only as a backup solution for league administrators, as locally generated replays are not fully integrated with the league system. This is currently on the Test Client and will be merged to the Main Client next week.

Customers who purchased an ESL One NY or WCA ticket will receive a free Treasure Redemption Token for each ticket.

We've worked with the ESL team to collect the replays for yesterday's games that weren't broadcast through DotaTV. Replays are available here: http://cdn.dota2.com/apps/dota2/posts/ESL_One_NY_Local_Replays.zip

The Singapore maintenance window will be moved from next week to later this month. Further details will be announced here as they are available: http://www.dota2.com/maintenance/

Guess valve is collecting feedback on void model. Didn't understand what people disliked about void's model that made him the winner of the vote, other then people are assuming zeus & slardar are probably already slotted for a remake sooner than later. There's a head item that makes him look similar to his WC3 model already anyway.

Zoon

Guess valve is collecting feedback on void model. Didn't understand what people disliked about void's model that made him the winner of the vote, other then people are assuming zeus & slardar are probably already slotted for a remake sooner than later. There's a head item that makes him look similar to his WC3 model already anyway.

yeah, the stretch goal should have been to fix potm's face.The only thing i dislike about the current void is his colour.It should be a bit darker closer to his wc3 model.

Hylian7

This is something I have noticed lately about this patch: I feel like it makes many offlaners lives hard and almost unfair at some points.

If it's one of those lanes where you just have to survive and you can't approach the creep wave, but stay in XP range, you are still screwed, as they are going to outlevel you because they will just deny every creep you can't last hit, which will be most of them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is something I have noticed lately about this patch: I feel like it makes many offlaners lives hard and almost unfair at some points.

If it's one of those lanes where you just have to survive and you can't approach the creep wave, but stay in XP range, you are still screwed, as they are going to outlevel you because they will just deny every creep you can't last hit, which will be most of them.

How does this patch affect offlaners more than other patches? This has always been true.

A competent offlaner will find ways around it, such as creep cutting, jungle pulling, aggro pulling, etc. It's not always possible, but what separates a bad offlaner from a good one is how well they can resist being bullied out. For example, DS doesn't give a shit if you're in an aggro tri, he'll just Ion his creeps as they're walking to you and get gold/XP that way.

Hylian7

How does this patch affect offlaners more than other patches? This has always been true.

A competent offlaner will find ways around it, such as creep cutting, jungle pulling, aggro pulling, etc. It's not always possible, but what separates a bad offlaner from a good one is how well they can resist being bullied out. For example, DS doesn't give a shit if you're in an aggro tri, he'll just Ion his creeps as they're walking to you and get gold/XP that way.

You didn't lose xp from denies.

Hylian7

I was just saying that this is not a new concept to the pros who played wc3 dota

Fair enough, it is new to the rest of us though and I am certainly not used to offlaning with that. Offlaning becomes a whole lot more than "Don't die." in that case then.

Hylian7

I'm thinking of something else. Regardless, I know in this patch it was change to losing ALL the XP, which is still a big deal to the offlaner.

Hylian7

Huh?
No, it wasn't.

Okay, I'm wrong again. This is what I was thinking of.

Denied creeps now give less experience [?]
50% experience, instead of a constant 36 per unit.

It feels like a bigger deal that it sounds like when I play offlane these days. Idk.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It was changed from ~2/3rds XP to Half XP.

It really isn't a major change though. Its 5 less XP on Melee Creeps, and 16 less XP on Ranged Creeps.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know Hylian, I think you might want to look over the patch notes again.

Lane creeps give about 56 XP. Under the old system, a denied creep granted a flat 36 XP. Under the new system in 6.82, a denied creep grants 50% of its usual value, so now it's 28 for lane creeps.

Hylian7

I don't know Hylian, I think you might want to look over the patch notes again.

Lane creeps give about 56 XP. Under the old system, a denied creep granted a flat 36 XP. Under the new system in 6.82, a denied creep grants 50% of its usual value, so now it's 28 for lane creeps.

Right, it feels like I always end up falling behind when I play offlane, as I usually have no means of dealing with being bullied out of lane, even if I block the pull.

Hylian7

I guess the other part of the problem with him in the offlane that I haven't quite figured out how to compensate for yet is this:

Geomagnetic Grip damage rebalanced from 100/150/200/250 to 50/125/200/275

Mainly that level 1 grip being halved, as you have to get at least two Boulder Smash before you max grip since 0.75 is not enough time to line up a roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom