• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

please, these pub games are awful

I solo queue a lot and the thing I'd recommend not get hung up on winning. Play heroes you like and don't worry counterpicking. Random occasionally. I used to care a lot about my w/l but now I just random or play RD and pick my favorites, fuck team comp. That way when you lose you can be like, "well, at least I played Earth Spirit, and that's always fun."

G.ZZZ

I solo queue a lot and the thing I'd recommend not get hung up on winning. Play heroes you like and don't worry counterpicking. Random occasionally. I used to care a lot about my w/l but now I just random or play RD and pick my favorites, fuck team comp. That way when you lose you can be like, "well, at least I played Earth Spirit, and that's always fun."

Ranked really ruined everything.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The first thing that needs to be changed with CM is her atrocious movement speed. +10 movement speed pls icefrog.

She's actually been picked up a few times in China (I think it's newbee that likes her maybe?), think she's fine this patch. People on playdota and other sites have been begging for an MS buff on CM for over 5 years now, it's probably not going to happen lol.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Interesting to see the biggest competitive winners thus far (heroes' winrates):

Magnus - 69% - 32 games
Morphling - 65.5% - 29 games
Mirana - 63% - 67 games, dat M dominance?
Sand King - 60% - 53 games
Ogre Magi - 59% - 39 games
Tidehunter - 58% - 48 games

Also lots of new faces (or resurging) faces hovering around 56-58% win like Sven, Spectre, Jakiro, and Weaver.

bbd23

I think random draft is the most fun solo queue game mode. interesting team line ups and the chance to not random a wild meepo. (if you pick in time)

inkls

Stolen from reddit, but I could get behind this as a void remodel:

5e1320d9c20b6cb4b88541632ef138c2.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i get furious at how shit my bot teammates are in bot matches

i do not have the temperament for dota

Razzer

i get furious at how shit my bot teammates are in bot matches

i do not have the temperament for dota

Trust me, bots are far more frustrating. Humans are at least decisively bad. Bots change their mind every 5 seconds and repeat the same mistakes every time, which is harder to stomach.

I like void the way he is but I'm sure they could make him more freaky. That image looks demonic with the horns though, he should stay abstract/alien looking.

Still a little butthurt over not being able to select bananamancer or skeleton king still.

For some reason I've never played Mirana before (according to Dotabuff I had one game before, but I was level 3 at 24 minutes but didn't get an abandon so I assume I just left the game when someone else did), she's actually pretty easy.

I thought landing arrows or something was hard, but it's only hard when people consciously juke them. It might be a skillshot, but it's also a million range stun. Also, Starfall does ridiculous damage, how is that balanced.

For some reason I've never played Mirana before (according to Dotabuff I had one game before, but I was level 3 at 24 minutes but didn't get an abandon so I assume I just left the game when someone else did), she's actually pretty easy.

I thought landing arrows or something was hard, but it's only hard when people consciously juke them. It might be a skillshot, but it's also a million range stun. Also, Starfall does ridiculous damage, how is that balanced.

You need to get within point blank range with your super frail hero, that's how it's balanced.

Bento

Yo!

Thinking about jumping back into DOTA again but I have question regarding ranked matches; does it take your non-ranked stuff into account at all? Played quite a lot of DOTA2 in the past and was at one point moderately okay at the game but those "skills" have since long vanished. Can I just jump into Ranked and head straight for the dumpster tier or am I gonna have to suck my way down there from higher ground?

Thanks for replies in advance!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yo!

Thinking about jumping back into DOTA again but I have question regarding ranked matches; does it take your non-ranked stuff into account at all? Played quite a lot of DOTA2 in the past and was at one point moderately okay at the game but those "skills" have since long vanished. Can I just jump into Ranked as carry and head straight for the dumpster tier or am I gonna have to suck my way down there from higher ground?
You don't start from 0 MMR, if that's what you mean.

You need to play 10 calibration matches before the game gives you a MMR. The MMR used for the calibration matches is based on your non-ranked MMR. However, hidden MMR decays over time. If you haven't played in a while, it's probably very low, and if you don't perform well on your calibration matches, the game will probably set you at a lower MMR to be on the safe side.

Bento

You don't start from 0 MMR, if that's what you mean.

You need to play 10 calibration matches before the game gives you a MMR. The MMR used for the calibration matches is based on your non-ranked MMR. However, hidden MMR decays over time. If you haven't played in a while, it's probably very low, and if you don't perform well on your calibration matches, the game will probably set you at a lower MMR to be on the safe side.
Sounds like I'll end up where I need to be, thanks for the help!

t0rment

30% winrate on ranked matches, welp.
on other news, the techies announcer dropped for me, but since it's rubbish i sold it for 2 bucks.

Do any of you guys feel bad when you constantly target someone who is underlevelled/farmed? Played against a Dragon Knight the other day who never really got off the ground, and it was essentially like getting a free kill whenever he showed himself on the minimap. Obviously we didn't target him in teamfights because he was doing barely any damage and there were other high-priority targets, but every time he tried pushing a lane, jungling or supporting he'd just get twatted.

I can't imagine he was having much fun, and I assume his temmates were giving him reams of abuse as Dota players seem wont to do when you're playing badly :p

Wok

Do any of you guys feel bad when you constantly target someone who is underlevelled/farmed? Played against a Dragon Knight the other day who never really got off the ground, and it was essentially like getting a free kill whenever he showed himself on the minimap. Obviously we didn't target him in teamfights because he was doing barely any damage and there were other high-priority targets, but every time he tried pushing a lane, jungling or supporting he'd just get twatted.

I can't imagine he was having much fun, and I assume his temmates were giving him reams of abuse as Dota players seem wont to do when you're playing badly :p

I did this to a Rubick while playing TA. I felt bad.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I'm usually that guy that gets bootyraped when I fall behind, so yes you should feel bad.

RS4-

I think random draft is the most fun solo queue game mode. interesting team line ups and the chance to not random a wild meepo. (if you pick in time)

RD best mode. Until you, or your team mate is tabbed out during first pick and it randoms.

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom