• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Look, guys, you need a scythe to harvest rice. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Haunted

He's Swedish.
surprise.gif

Razzer

I mean the whole reason Fnatic picked up Excalibur in the first place was that he had dat Swedish-Chinese Dota master race blood. (Ok it's not the whole reason but Notail has mentioned that they said that jokingly at the time)

Hylian7

I honestly don't take my team mates into consideration when I solo Q. There is a huge likelihood my impact on the game will be higher as a jungling TB than as a supp. Scenarios obviously vary which is why I can't run that strat 24/7 but I'm as greedy a player as it gets when I solo queue.
And this right here is the problem with solo queue, or hell even party queue sometimes. People take the mentality of "I don't trust noobs to carry." when your team has to many cores already. Then you end up screwing to the lanes and you have a high chance of losing the game. I do pick mid most of the time, however if someone else grabs it first, I will just pick something else. It isn't worth screwing the team.

Pratfall

I'm having a pretty hard time being impactful early with SK. Once I have blink, arcanes I feel like I can do stuff, but before then it seems like I am just running around, stacking some camps but generally wasting time.

Here are two back to back matches where I feel like I did alright but we lost to a farmed AM in both. I got orchid in one and got a hard time from my team but it seemed like we had no way to catch either slark or AM without a silence. These might have been out of my control but I feel like there is for sure more I can do. I am open to any and all criticism, even harsh shit.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/868335626

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/869624297

Don't mind the awesome smokes in the second match, I was control clicking to tell people to gather when I should have been alt clicking and just setting off smokes prematurely. It happens to a lot of guys I swear.

Ketch

Where's the patch?

Legion + wisp is gonna be sooooo good!

Plus I think legion should do nicely gets the early push line ups that keep getting drafted.

And this right here is the problem with solo queue, or hell even party queue sometimes. People take the mentality of "I don't trust noobs to carry." when your team has to many cores already. Then you end up screwing to the lanes and you have a high chance of losing the game. I do pick mid most of the time, however if someone else grabs it first, I will just pick something else. It isn't worth screwing the team.

I'm not screwing anybody. Look at my winrate in the past 6 months. I win essentially 60% of my games:

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/54998164/scenarios

in over 350 games. No point in supporting frankly when you're too good a carry player in most cases. 75% winrate in ranked MM in the past 6 months as well.

Now I can Rice it up in the Jungle with my Scythe of Rice.

9C89A9228C1A030DA0913D622642330EB01B32A9

Yup. This is how you get games like one I played in last night where our first two picks are Death Prophet and Bane, and then without any thought a third guy says "I'm mid" and grabs Invoker. The next to people take Mirana and some other carry.

The other team counter picks with Nature's Prophet, Razor and Abaddon. And because DP is in a lane with a Mirana who wants to carry never manages to get any farm. The Invoker gets some decent kills early but the rest of the team is under farmed and levelled so even though Invoker is getting kills no objectives are being met. Meanwhile the enemy team winds up a good 2-3 towers ahead and never relents.

There's just not enough farm on the map for 4 cores to work too often.

I probably should've re-picked after seeing Mirana and Invoker. So I blame myself a bit.

Acinixys

Im sorry but I have to disagree HARD

If im not mid I lose 70% of my games

I go mid an suddenly my shit team isnt so heavy

Mordeccai

That is one hideous and alienating OT

Yeah, I agree. I don't mind having that as a section somewhere, like at the end of the OT. But my biggest issue with this thread was when I was a total Dota 2 noob, the first post was of almost no help. And then you've got shit like Meepo in the recommended noob hero section, which I took as legit advice and had a horrible time.

I think it would be a lot more helpful to newbies if we had a section for basic mechanics and advanced mechanics, a few links to helpful stuff like Tsunami's Ward Guide and this stacking and pulling guide. As of right now, anybody who wants to try out Dota and checks the gaf thread has no idea what the hell is going on.

jokkir

I just played one of my most intense games. I was Vengeful Spirit and had to out carry a Doom and a Kunka and somehow did it lol

NBVSETt.jpg

The game started out terribly (score earlier was around 0-9 ) then just snowballed later on.

inkls

I just played one of my most intense games. I was Vengeful Spirit and had to out carry a Doom and a Kunka and somehow did it lol

The game started out terribly (score earlier was around 0-9 ) then just snowballed later on.

Nice,

Was there a reason why sand king didn't buy a veil or aghs? And why did gyro go aghs?

Demoli

As much as I hate Doom and Void and the like, they need to keep their ults intact. They are probably gonna remove ministun on lvl death, reduced proc damage and something like ms/armour reduction if stull digesting a creep ad for void something like -100 starting hp/-2 starting armour and remove ms slow on time walk or something.

Mohasus

Yup.

The secret is carrying with supports.

The hell I'll babysit some monofinger peruvian, let me pick aa or wd, farm my imba agh and win the game alone. Or go midas ench fuck ganks you'll lose your lane even if I kill the guy three times (this actually happened, that's when I gave up on smoking/ganking with enchantress).

Ez mmrs.

Just kidding, I lost 600 icefrog points in a week and quit the game. But QoP, jugg and LC offlane are fucking legit.

jokkir

Nice,

Was there a reason why sand king didn't buy a veil or aghs? And why did gyro go aghs?

No idea about the Gyro but I think Sand King didnt get those because his ult wasnt going off properly because blink wasnt working properly due to Tinkers robots/rockets. So he couldn't get a good ult off.

inkls

Ministun on Doom is really important tho, without it you rely on centaur stomp to land stuns and you limit the creeps he can eat (even tho people would already stick with the 4 biggest ones). You want to hurt his laning? Increase the mana cost of scorched earth.

Or heck, make the mini-stun apply only if the target falls within the multipliers of lvl? Death.

Hes mostly in the meta right now because you're not forced to go safelane with him so you'll probably see something happening about that.

There's no denying that scorched earth is what makes his laning decent with the mana nerf on devour its also harder to stick in lane with a decent mana pool with him.

I dunno about void, reduce the aoe of the slow?

edit:

No idea about the Gyro but I think Sand King didnt get those because his ult wasnt going off properly because blink wasnt working properly due to Tinkers robots/rockets. So he couldn't get a good ult off.

I see. He didn't use borrowstrike?

Hylian7

Im sorry but I have to disagree HARD

If im not mid I lose 70% of my games

I go mid an suddenly my shit team isnt so heavy
Your figures are likely way off. I have had plenty of "heavy teams" as any role, as well as teams as light as a feather under any role.

52club

I'm surprised at the Doom nerf talk. He actually got hit in the last balance patch, and he doesn't have a huge win rate for pros or regular players.

Artanisix

Yeah, I agree. I don't mind having that as a section somewhere, like at the end of the OT. But my biggest issue with this thread was when I was a total Dota 2 noob, the first post was of almost no help. And then you've got shit like Meepo in the recommended noob hero section, which I took as legit advice and had a horrible time.

I think it would be a lot more helpful to newbies if we had a section for basic mechanics and advanced mechanics, a few links to helpful stuff like Tsunami's Ward Guide and this stacking and pulling guide. As of right now, anybody who wants to try out Dota and checks the gaf thread has no idea what the hell is going on.

Everything a newbie could need is in the very first few links in the thread. If you click on the very first two links in the thread, you will know what Dota 2 is. Those links that you said would be helpful? They're there. There are so many resources out there to help with any new player and they're all better than I could do. They have been linked in the OT for at least the past five.

I'm not going to make graphics for recommended heroes anymore because it's something that is quickly outdated and changed with each balance patch. And in my experience, OTs that are stacked with information are completely worthless. What ends up happening is that new players ask all the questions that were answered in the OT anyway because no one wants to parse through a gigantic post for something they want answered right at that moment.

So unless Evilore comes into the thread and threatens to ban me if I don't do x and y, the OTs will continue to be important newbie links followed by some entertaining fluff.

Broodmother
- Spiderlings can move in Chronosphere
- Spiderlings (and mites) now have 95% magic reduction
- Broodmother Armor +1

Am I doing it right?

I am icefraud, I can balance this game.

I'll be satisfied with 6.82 if Troll Warlords gets some meaningful change, there's some cool aghs and they make some heroes more capable at stopping deathballs.

I'm surprised at the Doom nerf talk. He actually got hit in the last balance patch, and he doesn't have a huge win rate for pros or regular players.

He's one of the most picked heroes in pro games and has a 55+% winrate, I think you kind of have to nerf him a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom