• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

Eww, dont make spiderlings magic immune. Bad broodmothers should be punished if they're letting their spiderlings lie around in lane to be easily farmed.

W1SSY

I really wish EGM would just play support and have Pajkatt offlane. I think Bulba is sticking with support or I would love to see him play some offlane. It just feels like EGM does not play many of the offlane heroes that well.

Hupsel

- Void now counts as two heroes. Whenever someones in your team chooses him, one random player is transformed into a coach.
- Removed the sound from Tinker's "March of the Machines" so you don't have to listen to it every 0.2 seconds. "Rearm" reworked. Now rearm resets the cooldown of just one random spell. Can only cast it if Tinker has enough fuel. Collect fuel by returning to your fountain or killing Clockwerk.
- Blink Dagger now has a 10% chance to miscast and stun your hero for 5 seconds instead of moving him.
- Luna's Aghis change: Eclipse is now global, hits every enemy at the same time, stuns, slows, polymorphs, gives gold, increases MMR and cooldown is reduced by 50 seconds so you dont need to wait two full moons to cast her ulti again.

Pratfall

- added cool landing animation after using blink dagger to every hero

iron-man-2-black-widow-scarlett_848.jpg

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThreePointLanding

kvk1

Pfft.

I played offensive live all four years in HS.

I was three-point landing alldayerrday.

I didn't look as sexy as ScarJo doing it though.

I don't know, maybe I did.

I was in spandex too.

Man butt.

highfive.gif

GUYS, I think I found the perfect nerf for Void. Chrono uses all the mana Void currently has on him. If he has 100 mana it will use all of it. If he has 400 mana it will use all of that. What this will do is make it so he cannot time walk out of a bad chrono or death by staying in too long. ITS BRILLIANT!

Mordeccai

Everything a newbie could need is in the very first few links in the thread. If you click on the very first two links in the thread, you will know what Dota 2 is. Those links that you said would be helpful? They're there. There are so many resources out there to help with any new player and they're all better than I could do. They have been linked in the OT for at least the past five.

I'm not going to make graphics for recommended heroes anymore because it's something that is quickly outdated and changed with each balance patch. And in my experience, OTs that are stacked with information are completely worthless. What ends up happening is that new players ask all the questions that were answered in the OT anyway because no one wants to parse through a gigantic post for something they want answered right at that moment.

So unless Evilore comes into the thread and threatens to ban me if I don't do x and y, the OTs will continue to be important newbie links followed by some entertaining fluff.

Welp, if you're looking to make a different flavor of OT that's fine, I'm just airing my opinion and thinking of the noobs. I mean let's be real we're in community tab anyway where the OP gets read even less

I think people are fooling themselves if they expect a second hero or anything big with Techies, but the wording "Learn more next week" is a little odd to me.

The only major bug I can see on the dev forums is enemies can see your mine counter.

But that can just be fixed without the need to update the test client again.

And of course, any changes to the sign ability

Randdalf

I think people are fooling themselves if they expect a second hero or anything big with Techies, but the wording "Find out more next week" is a little odd to me.

It is odd, but if we were getting more major content I don't think they would have done a test patch already. Only scenarios I can think of them revealing more stuff if is it was already "revealed" (i.e. the Kunkka arcana) or if it was a non-gameplay thing (Shadow Fiend remake) but I think they're probably saving the latter for a Wraith Night style event. One fringe possibility is Icefrog not being satisfied with 6.82 and wanting a few more days to work on it. This is tenuously supported by the private beta updates continuing past the release of the test patch, but I very much doubt it would happen. Another unlikely possibility is that they split the patch into two parts to sate the ravenous appetite of the community so they didn't have to deal with a firestorm when they got into work on tuesday.

kvk1

whether he ends up being right or not...

he needs psychiatric help

i liked it

it had a little hardy boys to it

a little scooby doo

and at the end we find out that 6.82 would be this week all along

and icefrog would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling redditors

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The only major bug I can see on the dev forums is enemies can see your mine counter.

But that can just be fixed without the need to update the test client again.

And of course, any changes to the sign ability

Sign ability for Arcana or riot!

I really don't care that much what they do about the sign. I like it the way it is, won't be to upset if they change it

I think people are fooling themselves if they expect a second hero or anything big with Techies, but the wording "Learn more next week" is a little odd to me.

Find out next week can mean 2 things.

One, 6.82 will change how Techies is balanced.

Two, they don't want to update the heropedia yet since you would then see techies listed in the game client and confuse some people.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It doesn't seem at all crazy to me to speculate that they weren't done with this patch and pushed the main portion of it that they promised (Techies, some goals) last week to avert crisis.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It doesn't seem at all crazy to me to speculate that they weren't done with this patch and pushed the main portion of it that they promised (Techies, some goals) last week to avert crisis.

Yep, they have pushed 30 updates to the private beta in just the last 10 days, Icefrog is in a heavy iteration process, so its clear a lot of work is being done. No clue if that means he is just starting or fine tuning though.

Patch update #3, get hype:

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=144918

- Minefield Sign is now an ability on techies (Arcana will receive a new cosmetic item for this ability)
- Items will now drop to the floor when returning items into a full stash
- Fixed Nether Ward damage timing when Suicide is cast
- Fixed Rubick being unable to steal Suicide
- Fixed Techies not getting XP when he kills heroes with his Mines
- Added AOE indicator for casting Stasis
- Fixed Techies wards not having XP bounty
- Fixed Land Mine not affecting Tombstone
- Improved Land Mine's behavior with fast moving units
- Fixed Curse of Avernus affecting Mines
- Updated Techies recommended items
- Fixed Vendetta, Shadow Blade and Shadow Walk affecting wards
- Fixed Remote Mines not playing sounds when destroyed via an attack