• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoon

This new algorithm will now monitor the actual quality of the server’s connection to its players, and trigger in the case of poor connectivity for multiple players. Matches flagged as having Poor Network Conditions will be immediately safe to leave, and won’t record their results.

Would this work if someone unlpugs LAN cable like the good old wc3 days?

Edit: nvm I read this wrong

Quesa

It's one arcana per update, it seems. My wild guess is that PA gets the arcana (duh), but Oracle does not. It'd be weird, but two arcanas seems like a bit much and I think they'd experience diminishing returns on them, especially since people have been saying some regular sets are as good as some arcanas.

Again, just a wild guess. They may just hit us with both.

Big Dog

It's one arcana per update, it seems. My wild guess is that PA gets the arcana (duh), but Oracle does not. It'd be weird, but two arcanas seems like a bit much and I think they'd experience diminishing returns on them, especially since people have been saying some regular sets are as good as some arcanas.

I don't see why there can't be 2 Arcanas. It practically happened with the last 2 updates. The techies came out with an arcana and then just a few weeks later shadow fiend got his. I see what you mean about making less off of them though. So if anything the oracle would get his and maybe the comic will carry on for a week or two before revealing pa's arcana.

but they need to finish arcanas for everyone so they can start working on super arcanas

Thread Update
November 18, 2014 - Artinisix
Recently we’ve seen some players filling their threads across multiple regions, in particular gaming community. We thought we’d take a moment to update you on what we’ve been doing in this space, because it’s such an important issue.

ViviOggi

cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
post post post post post
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Razzer

Thread Update
Recently we’ve seen some players filling their threads across multiple regions, in particular gaming community. We thought we’d take a moment to update you on what we’ve been doing in this space, because it’s such an important issue.

I really feel let down by Artinisix. I mean, if he was gonna be late on the thread he coulda told us at least. All he ever says is 'I'm working on it!' Well we know that, but as a consumer of his threads, I feel I deserve more.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The moral of the story is if you bitch on reddit enough Valve will eventually cave in.

I hope Valve realizes how shity the ISPs in Florida are and give us an Atlanta Server.

Quesa

So if anything the oracle would get his and maybe the comic will carry on for a week or two before revealing pa's arcana.
I actually think this would be pretty cool.

Thread Update

We appreciate the communication steve it's good to talk about these things

Holden

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ NEW THREAD OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom