• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.
is pit lord out yet

winter wyvern came out last week so cool your jets
SRH7Xxj.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Comically this game was nearly thrown:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/907581340

Dat XP graph tho:

qtJf8Ad.png

3 people on our team were around 13-2-10 a half hour into the game then for some reason everybody decided to run at their base one at a time repeatedly. Game was never hard but I was facepalming at my team the entire game.

Also 3 ACs... The trench sometimes, guys... I don't even know.

Chris R

Fucking 4 stacks and their shitty carries

edit: 30 less GPM than the Morph, but I did more hero damage on my lesh Kappa FailFish

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
pdD3xMT.png

Pick like this, say "It's fine"

This team does absoutely nothing until 20 minutes at least. The icing on the shit cake? Spectre goes 22 minute Vanguard! FUCKING LOL

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/907691886

that team really isn't that bad, especially for pub dota. weaver - offlane, spectre/tree - safe, tinker - mid, prophet - jungle. Sure, it's greedy, but I'm sure you know you'll find much worse out there in the world of ap pubs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The amount of rat dota from the other team was really annoying. Early game they grouped at 5 at like 8 minutes and started steam rolling to take towers, and later on NP and TB would both split push. Luckily had a few good Chrono's that allowed us to trade 1 for 5 at like 10 minutes in that got our momentum back. Had free farm for the first 8 minutes with a solo jugg, then got next to nothing for the next like 15.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/907778762

Also I had a game where the skywrath agroing the creeps to him early game single handily lost us the game I feel. Nearly got us both killed, then with the huge amount of creep the enemies had at once they just dove, the lane never recovered

Summery for the day, I played Faceless Void:
Ipickedvoid.jpg

Hylian7

that team really isn't that bad, especially for pub dota. weaver - offlane, spectre/tree - safe, tinker - mid, prophet - jungle. Sure, it's greedy, but I'm sure you know you'll find much worse out there in the world of ap pubs.

What about being up against a team that you simply can't fight before 15 minutes?

Also Spectre/Furion can actually do stuff around the map and Weaver can more or less be left to his own devices. It's really not that bad.
What about being up against a team that you simply can't fight before 15 minutes?
Well, yeah, in that case you guys were fucked.

NBtoaster

It's not an awful team on its own but its pretty bad againt that team. Spectre Treant is food for Bristle, Bloodseeker is fine against Tinker, Weaver dies easily to PL shaker...

Chris R

Also, I don't like playing against techies :( Bought 20+ wards and spotted a ton of mines. Easier for me to ping them once and just remember where they are instead of warding EVERYTHING. That and giving gem to a storm player who wasn't very responsive

Hylian7

Also Spectre/Furion can actually do stuff around the map and Weaver can more or less be left to his own devices. It's really not that bad.
Well, yeah, in that case you guys were fucked.

It's not an awful team on its own but its pretty bad againt that team. Spectre Treant is food for Bristle, Bloodseeker is fine against Tinker, Weaver dies easily to PL shaker...

I'm still not convinced it's not an awful team in general, but yeah it's horrible against that team. That 22 minute Vanguard on Spectre was worthless too.

How exactly are you supposed to kill anyone with no lockdown though early on? Pretty much the only way I see is "Don't die for 20 minutes and maybe you win"

shira

LKGBD4T.png

I think I died on the inside when I saw that Vanguard purchase. 22 minute Vanguard, what a joke.

pdD3xMT.png

Pick like this, say "It's fine"

This team does absoutely nothing until 20 minutes at least. The icing on the shit cake? Spectre goes 22 minute Vanguard! FUCKING LOL

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/907691886

http://zippy.gfycat.com/EthicalPettyAfghanhound.webm

Whoah. Dejavu.

Ellen Pudge said:
What did you just say?

Nothing just had a little dejavu.

Ellen Pudge said:
What did you see?

Thacker said:
What happened?

A Hylian ally Spectre got a 22 minute Vanguard and another got one just like it.

Ellen Pudge said:
How much like it? Was it the same Spectre?

It might have been, I'm not sure.

haly said:
1.09. Procarbine.

What is it?

Ellen Pudge said:
A dejavu is usually a glitch in the matchmaking, it happens when they patch something.

6.82 is here

Wok

For the all-hero challenge, I had a bad start with Rubick, but now it is going fine:

OD11I1i.png

For some games, the score is not meaningful because I had to support, especially with OD whom I cannot play as anything else than a support.

I will leave this here:

933thns.png

Haunted

Hylian, I like you as a caster and poster when you're analysing games, but you bitch about your teammates waaaay too much. :p

Zeth

Looking at the market, a few Perfect World Items got released a bit quietly.

Samurai Soul Set for ES:
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Samurai Soul

Beaulieu Ring for Bounty Hunter (Pretty underwhelming though)
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Beaulieu Ring

I got the Samurai ES set earlier this week and thought I was the last person to find out about it. Guess not. I usually find out about these things by checking dota2lounge default search page - I think it usually shows the most recently added items.

I'm buying old stuff I didn't even want originally, that's how bad it's gotten. Give us new chests Valve, help me help you.

Nirvana

Tobi just sounds like a giant nose. He is only bearable when he is hype-casting teamfights, otherwise his voice is so horribly grating, and he just talks pointlessly all the time.

Listening to him going on and on about his waifu Drow Ranger being so amazing in a game the other day was so cringe-worthy as well. I really wish he didn't cast big matches.

It also concerns me as an Australian that a lot of people probably think his weird mispronunciations of words are because he is Australia, when that isn't the case.

I don't normally like hating on casters, but between Clairvoyance, Zyori, Tobi and Blaze, it seems there are very few casters I actually want to listen to, which is really heightening my dislike for Tobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom