• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

"god, what SHIT Meta once again, all these teams going for throne at 25-30 mins, so fucking boring. why do we need 30 min games? theyre trash. late game is not even fun, cause there is none."

facepalm.gif

DrPizza

Banned
Casual racism on dreamleague, my fellow yuropeans
happytears.gif

Also more sheever is always a good sight. Is she like 2m tall?

I like Sheever in general, but I'm really like thing DreamLeague presenting this season, and Sheever's hosting in particular.

...how did you know that
OJI8q.gif
A long time ago I wanted to check if she was indeed Dutch(like me) and I came across that fact.
I like Sheever in general, but I'm really like thing DreamLeague presenting this season, and Sheever's hosting in particular.
Yeah I'm obviously biased because nationalism but since she's become more of a host she's become one of my favorite personalities. I don't watch her stream but it's admirable how she basically lives and breathes Dota.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can't believe this year's prize pool is outpacing last year. I thought more people were like me and over Valve's busted ass hat system and money grubbing nonsense.

Artanisix

redbull
sleeping.gif

"Can't believe this year's prize pool is outpacing last year. I thought more people were like me and over Valve's busted ass hat system and money grubbing nonsense."

i think most people are like me who are totally down for tons of sweet cosmetics for only $10

W1SSY

Does anyone have an explanation of the rules for the red bull lan? They were talking about some reflector thing and I have no idea what is going on.

Does anyone have an explanation of the rules for the red bull lan? They were talking about some reflector thing and I have no idea what is going on.

Teams take turns challenging each other, each team has one "reflector" which means they can dodge a challenge and make someone else play instead

You use a game you lose one life, each team has 3

Artanisix

each team gets three
haste.gif
haste.gif
haste.gif

one team on rotation becomes the "challenger team," they get to challenge ANY other team, even if that team has played already
games are bo1
if you lose the game, you lose a
haste.gif

each team has ONE reflector
invisibility.gif

this reflector can only be used if you are challenged by a team. the challenge is canceled, and the team that used the reflector chooses the new team for the challenger to fight. this second selection cannot be reflected

W1SSY

Thanks for the explanation. I knew about the challenge part but the reflector was not something I had heard about. Also makes it interesting to keep the same team from getting challenged.

Waga replaces Hanni at 4C&L as Hanni retires from pro Dota.

Team is now:Waga, Vanskor, Bamboe, 633, yol.

I don't know if it matters since they're probably not going to be invited to TI qualifiers.

Sianos

"god, what SHIT Meta once again, all these teams going for throne at 25-30 mins, so fucking boring. why do we need 30 min games? theyre trash. late game is not even fun, cause there is none."

facepalm.gif

i told you people would beg for 6.83 and the age of pristine agriculture back

i just didn't expect it to happen so quickly

Hylian7

i told you people would beg for 6.83 and the age of pristine agriculture back

i just didn't expect it to happen so quickly

I hated 6.83, but not for the reason of games going on too long or rubber banding. I was just sick of Troll and Snipper singlehandedly ruining games.

I LOVE farming. I love getting better at farming. I love having most of the hero pool actually have a chance at viability. If Troll and Snipper weren't so disgusting in 6.83, I probably would have liked that patch.

Wok

redbull
sleeping.gif

"Can't believe this year's prize pool is outpacing last year. I thought more people were like me and over Valve's busted ass hat system and money grubbing nonsense."

i think most people are like me who are totally down for tons of sweet cosmetics for only $10

The only reason is that there are more players than last year. Period.

Sianos

I hated 6.83, but not for the reason of games going on too long or rubber banding. I was just sick of Troll and Snipper singlehandedly ruining games.

I LOVE farming. I love getting better at farming. I love having most of the hero pool actually have a chance at viability. If Troll and Snipper weren't so disgusting in 6.83, I probably would have liked that patch.

I love farming too
but also loved farming as troll warlord
so I really enjoyed the patch.

I don't think I ever had an issue with other trolls, they typically seemed to farm really slowly but that's probably more of a symptom of my bracket. Sniper was annoying though, but even he only really needed mild toning back to make high ground more reasonable.

Artanisix

"The only reason is that there are more players than last year. Period."

and all the new players are okay with "valve's busted ass hat system and money grubbing nonsense." the compendium is a value purchase and that goes hand in hand with having more players playing. so it'd be totally wrong to say that's the only reason.

Hylian7

The only reason is that there are more players than last year. Period.
What exactly is "busted" about Valve's hat system? I know I quoted you but this is an open question in general to anyone that wants to answer it. I honestly don't think it's "busted".
I love farming too
but also loved farming as troll warlord
so I really enjoyed the patch.

I don't think I ever had an issue with other trolls, they typically seemed to farm really slowly but that's probably more of a symptom of my bracket. Sniper was annoying though, but even he only really needed mild toning back to make high ground more reasonable.

Sniper was just a pain in the ass to lane against. I understand wanting to make him decent during laning, but that was just overkill.

Troll was just also utterly disgusting, even if he didn't farm that well, he could still just make his team of carries ridiculous just by pressing R.

DrPizza

Banned
乁༼◔‿◔✿༽ㄏ LOOK AT ME I HAVE GLIMMER CAPE 乁༼◔‿◔✿༽ㄏ

Wait since when has Mushi been playing support? Isn't he one of the best mid players in the world? Or is he washed up?

Is he just jealous of singsing's success?

Wok

"The only reason is that there are more players than last year. Period."

and all the new players are okay with "valve's busted ass hat system and money grubbing nonsense." the compendium is a value purchase and that goes hand in hand with having more players playing. so it'd be totally wrong to say that's the only reason.

The first reason the compendium is sold twice as fast as last year is because there are more players. I would need to look at the player base growth to guess whether people are actually more inclined to spend their money on hats. My guess is that the composition of the player base is similar as it was last year, only the size changes.

Acinixys

Wait since when has Mushi been playing support? Isn't he one of the best mid players in the world? Or is he washed up?

Is he just jealous of singsing's success?

He answered that in the AMA on reddit. Said he wanted to focus more on drafting and being an in-game captain. As far as I know the only none support captain is
cBj1LTf.png

bts_watermelon.gif

PS: Kunkka eating watermelon is the best fucking emote. Add pls volvo

shira

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwut

He answered that in the AMA on reddit. Said he wanted to focus more on drafting and being an in-game captain. As far as I know the only none support captain is
cBj1LTf.png

June, rotk, zsmj, lakelz, swindle, trixi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom