• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Lifestealer raging potato

giphy.gif

Wok

Smurfing should be forbidden.

Edit: Actually, no, maybe this is how beginners learn. You cannot rely on people in your bracket to teach you concepts.

Smurfing should be encouraged.

9pnplmB.png

Smurfing is hardly a big deal. You get to play against players your level like 3-5 games in. That guy just has a winning streak which is bound to happen eventually.

shira

Manila Major Main Qualifier (Day 4 of 4)

- 3 teams remaining
Day 4: two Bo3 and Bo5 grand final
- Top team in each region advances to Manila
t1462541100z1.png

EU
#2 LB FINAL Digg(Synderen stack) vs Empire
#3 GRAND FINAL Ad Finem vs Winner 2

t1462557600z1.png

NA
#1 UB FINAL Shazam(Brax stack) vs Digital Chaos
#2 LB FINAL Loser 1 vs Dragneel(Mason stack)
#3 GRAND FINAL Winner 1 vs Winner 2

Jebusman

Banned
To this day I still don't know where the "Normal/High/Very High" skills brackets were supposed to be in terms of MMR. I never played ranked so I had no real indication of where I was, I just always had it labeled as "Very High" and assumed "It must start here because I'm bad and so is everyone else".

Wok

Smurfing is hardly a big deal. You get to play against players your level like 3-5 games in. That guy just has a winning streak which is bound to happen eventually.

It can take more, because I usually play clowny with my smurfs. Sometimes it takes 5 games to get to VHS, sometimes a bit more, as with the account that I posted above. This was the starting streak:

I agree matchmaking works reasonably well. The yasp MMR estimate, which is based on the known MMR of your teammates and opponents, tends to narrow down to similar values for all my smurfs: somewhere between 3k and 4.5k at first, and then it narrow to 3.6K.

To this day I still don't know where the "Normal/High/Very High" skills brackets were supposed to be in terms of MMR. I never played ranked so I had no real indication of where I was, I just always had it labeled as "Very High" and assumed "It must start here because I'm bad and so is everyone else".

If I remember well:

Normal < 3K < High < 3.7K < VHS

shira

dac15_stab.gif
dac15_stab.gif

CIS = Riki

I thought it was like 3800 and 4500 MMR or something, but that was a long time ago.

Jebusman

Banned
Normal < 3K < High < 3.7K < VHS

I guess that's neat. I probably could've gotten myself to 4K+ MMR in ranked if I ever really tried, but I knew I didn't take dota seriously enough to want to actually play it that way (or ruin anyone else's day really).

I've been playing it a lot longer than I realised looking at these stats though, considering my earliest recorded match is November 23rd, 2011.

It can take more, because I usually play clowny with my smurfs. Sometimes it takes 5 games to get to VHS, sometimes a bit more, as with the account that I posted above. This was the starting streak:

Hardly remarkable stats. I doubt he is better than the opponents he played. And since he didn't clown around and won every game, he was likely matched up against players on his level very fast.

Very High starts at 3.7k. I remember my main account's game in which I was like 3680 and won that next game and ended up at like 3705. The very next game I played was VHS with all the games prior being high.

Wok

Hardly remarkable stats. I doubt he is better than the opponents he played. And since he didn't clown around and won every game, he was likely matched up against players on his level very fast.

When matched against people of similar skill, the winrate should stabilize around 50%. So getting a 66% winrate in solo queue means that mmr is not calibrated yet. It can take more than a few games.

Top Bottom