• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

Twookie

naga-song3.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLCkIGV2mw
naga-song3.gif

do I recycle that luna set to get to 125 and the immortal gardens or wait and get 1k points in other ways

I don't want that set anyway, got another one that has custom icons and looks better...

anyone wants it before I recycle

recycle it

luna has better sets than that one anyway

Anno

So this was the...5th? best day ever for TI prize pool growth, and easily the best post-launch day. Curious if it detracts down the line, though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So this was the...5th? best day ever for TI prize pool growth, and easily the best post-launch day. Curious if it detracts down the line, though.

I wonder how much higher it would be if people weren't having issues actually buying the damn thing, and there wasn't FUD around duplicates (Which I have seen no proof of)

Anno

I wonder how much higher it would be if people weren't having issues actually buying the damn thing, and there wasn't FUD around duplicates (Which I have seen no proof of)

What are the buying issues? I haven't really been paying attention.

FWIW on the duplicates, both treasure 1/2 boxes I got from the bundle (not the levels provided by the bundle) gave me duplicates of the same item (2 morphling heads, 2 ench spears). Luckily I got a gold cat so I don't really mind too much.

Kard8p3

man berserk is crazy, just read it for the first time a few weeks ago.

How the fuck did any1 survive them being on the boat for like 100000000000 years

Okay look. Ya'll know I'm not the one to talk shit about randoms losing me games because I can always find things I could have done better but.

In my 3 games tonight, the randoms NOT in my party (we were a 3 man, usually paired with a duo), went a combined...

...4 / 65 / 55.

In just 3 games! In prominent positions. Usually position 2 and 3. I realize that I can play better, but this was my experience in playing only 3 games tonight. This was my entire evening. The game isn't enjoyable when you can't occasionally get randoms who know how to play the video game. Oh and these were ranked party games where you'd expect marginally better competency than normals. Help me understand.

edit: Chris R feels me tonight. Hold me fam. I feel like I wasted my entire night.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Could been worse. Coulda randomed Naga like me.

DV how much have you played since the battle pass?

things have gotten way, way, way worse in unranked because of all the challenge stuff

even my old standbys of single/random draft and all random are infested with challenge spammers who expect the team to carry them while they fuck around :(

It's strange, the Aus server has almost no challenge spammers. Everything seems to be carrying on as normal apart from the occasional reminder from someone alt-clicking.

Artanisix

Here is today's Bible Study lesson:
Jesus told Peter that if he wanted to catch fish do it from the right side of the boat. They did and filled the boat with fish.

John 21:6 (NIV) ... He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish."

Origin of Left & Right...
I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the right" and Liberals are called the "left".
By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible: Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) - "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen.
It surely can't get any simpler than that.

Spelling Lesson :
The last four letters in American.......... I Can
The last four letters in Republican........ I Can
The last four letters in Democrats......... Rats
End of lesson ! .....Test to follow on November 6, 2016 .
Remember, November 2016 is to be set aside as rodent removal month.

Please share this Bible Lesson with all your friends and email buddies to help achieve that goal!

Chris R

I hate nyx, should have just rerandomed, but it wouldn't have mattered since alch was the worst alch I've ever seen.

We lost to 5 supports with Alch Tiny

LUL

DrPizza

Banned
My hotel for TI6 better not do this shit... I won't be checking in until the first day of games is over since I land that morning. I'll want to go from the stadium to the hotel to my bed as quickly as possible.

Make sure to tell the hotel that you want a late check-in.

Chris R

-100 mmr for the day

I'll be 1k before the start of the next work week at this rate

1-14 AMs

Never on the other team, only on mine. Just going to start picking hard #1 pos, fuck everyone else

Make sure to tell the hotel that you want a late check-in.

I will, dropping my bags off there after I get downtown and before I head over to the arena. Place is pretty new though and it's been getting a lot of negative reviews :(

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I know that feeling. If I am not playing carry in solo queue they fucking suck but somehow theirs is great most of the time. Been trying to do my Axe quest for 2 days now but my team just never follow up or anything. So frustrating
dac15_upset.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
First dota game after Overwatch binge: Do nothing Dusa and do nothing Legion.

Welp, back to Waifuwatch.

shira

ANYONE want to make the TI6 Gaming side thread (I've done it for the last 3 years)???

Making an OT is fairly simple and fun to do:
- roundup a bunch of facts that are relevant to the event
- spice it up with some images or factoids
- answer questions people may have etc
- update with news

I know some people have shown more than a passing interest the past few years.
The Wildcard started the Sunday the week before TI so you have about a month to complete it.
t1469984400z4.png

PM or quote post if you are interested. If nobody is interested I can do it again.
Sort of toying with the idea of a Shokugeki type theme (no ecchi) or a Game of Thrones theme (no spoilers)

TUSR

Banned
ANYONE want to make the TI6 Gaming side thread (I've done it for the last 3 years)???

Making an OT is fairly simple and fun to do:
- roundup a bunch of facts that are relevant to the event
- spice it up with some images or factoids
- answer questions people may have etc
- update with news

I know some people have shown more than a passing interest the past few years.
The Wildcard started the Sunday the week before TI so you have about a month to complete it.
t1469984400z4.png

PM or quote post if you are interested. If nobody is interested I can do it again.
Sort of toying with the idea of a Shokugeki type theme (no ecchi) or a Game of Thrones theme (no spoilers)

Do a To Love-Ru Darkness or Prisma Illya themed one.

things have gotten way, way, way worse in unranked because of all the challenge stuff

even my old standbys of single/random draft and all random are infested with challenge spammers who expect the team to carry them while they fuck around :(

I haven't played much, fam. Been spending my gaming time in Overwatch and VR primarily. I don't think any of them were going for achievement or battlepass stuff, but i could be wrong. In my 3 games I had a:

1 / 12 Void
1 / 11 Invoker
-
0 / 17 DK (how?)
1 / 14 Jak
-
1 / 6 Sven
0 / 6 Silencer

All duo partners. Are they doing hero challenges? Or are there challenges for any of these heroes?

hero challenges are a big thing in All Pick, yeah

bizarre since it gives basically no points and if it's a hero you're bad with then the deck is stacked heavily against you winning anyway

And yeah several of those heroes are the most popular for some challenges (silence duration, cleave damage, disable duration, etc).

It's just super weird and honestly not really enjoyable. Concede option needs to be a thing

icic.

yea, it genuinely felt like I wasted 3 or 4 hours of my time that I could have spent doing literally anything else. Sigh.

I'll play a couple today. Maybe today will be better, but without a 5-man I don't see how. Hero challenges were a mistake.

Deadly

Challenges are okay when they're a natural thing to do with the hero you pick. But when you do shit like pick sand king and rush solar crest yeah fuck off.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Funny. I remember being all like FUCKDOTA because of all this challenge shit and everybody took a big poop on me. Yet here we were this shit fucks literally every game I play cause the dumbshits I play with are obsessed with this garbage too. Pisses me right the fuck off.

LiQuid!

I thought Bunch was quitting dota hats. Who fails at quitting?
facepalm.gif

Madouu

Just when you think you've seen it all you get a midas first mirana fighting you for the courier 20 minutes into the game to deliver fucking treads that were not even on the chicken to begin with. Best part is that the courier was delivering me an aghs and had almost made its way to me.

The game was an easy win for me but still this kind of shit is starting to get on my nerves. So many griefers in my games recently. The best thing to do if you care about winning is to mute right away and focus on your game, but still, fuck these people.

Arol

Valve should have doubled the amount of challenges on the quests path but made it so you get points regardless of losing.

I think that would be a fair compromise and would probably allow for everyone to finish the quests in a reasonable amount of time.

Valve hasn't even released the LC quest line, can't imagine the amount of LC's trying to complete that quest line once its out.

Valve should have doubled the amount of challenges on the quests path but made it so you get points regardless of losing.

I think that would be a fair compromise and would probably allow for everyone to finish the quests in a reasonable amount of time.

Valve hasn't even released the LC quest line, can't imagine the amount of LC's trying to complete that quest line once its out.

"Oh I completed my challenge, better make sure this game ends asap" -> feeds

BHK3

Banned

or we should be able to bet on any game we spectate, MM or Pro and get points from that.

Top Bottom