• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

How many hours do you have in DOTA?

Or, is this not about DOTA and more about your life in general?

Presumably about 2500-3000 hours combined on all accounts but it's not easy to track. I'm on the uphill IRL but I'm not as good at Dota as I once was I think. At the very least, I feel kinda sluggish in the mechanics department. Definitely a tad slower than I once was. Or my unranked MMR has risen to a level where the enemy team makes me look slow but I really, really doubt it at this point.

yarden24

Presumably about 2500-3000 hours combined on all accounts but it's not easy to track. I'm on the uphill IRL but I'm not as good at Dota as I once was I think. At the very least, I feel kinda sluggish in the mechanics department. Definitely a tad slower than I once was. Or my unranked MMR has risen to a level where the enemy team makes me look slow but I really, really doubt it at this point.

how old are you that you think you are getting slower?

im turning 28 this year and im undoubtedly the best ive ever been at Dota.

how old are you that you think you are getting slower?

im turning 28 this year and im undoubtedly the best ive ever been at Dota.

I'm declining due to less activity. I played quite a lot in the past two weeks but overall in 2016 I'm down to like 30% of what I used to play. Perhaps for the better.

marrec

Banned
I'm turning 31 this year and have only put in about 500ish hours on DOTA, with most of that this year. I feel like I'm getting better but Imp's peak is likely going to be higher than mine. I'm wondering where I'll start to get diminishing returns. Where the more hours I put in the less skill I get.

I mean, Fear's still got it right?

Low Tier
NISEKOI FANSHITS UNITE

SoBayed.png
SoBayed.png
SoBayed.png
SoBayed.png

soOn PromiSed girl

I'm turning 31 this year and have only put in about 500ish hours on DOTA, with most of that this year. I feel like I'm getting better but Imp's peak is likely going to be higher than mine. I'm wondering where I'll start to get diminishing returns. Where the more hours I put in the less skill I get.

I mean, Fear's still got it right?

Honestly, I really doubt age is big a factor. Clearly, when you are at the very top a slight decline might render you uncompetitive because of how contested the pro pool is. There are 12 mil monthly players so clearly, every single bit of skill counts. On the average pub level (sub 99th percentile) I feel like "time invested" is the only metric that matters. Had I maintained my high games/day rate, I would be as good or better than I was. Obviously, I am not meant to be a pro or anywhere close so decline due to age should be a non-factor.

I am unlikely to ever have as much time as I used to so yeah, I better settle for mediocrity. These days, the social aspect of Dota in meeting pleasant online acquaintances is the single most important thing that drives me to play the game. Hence why I never solo queue. It's basically free socializing at times when nobody IRL can be arsed to meet for a beer because they're tired from work or university.

NISEKOI FANSHITS UNITE

SoBayed.png
SoBayed.png
SoBayed.png
SoBayed.png

soOn PromiSed girl
Chitoge blown the fuck out
Also age ruining your ability to play Dota is ridiculous unless you're suffering from muscle or joint issues, honestly. if old men can kick ass in the fgc, which is way more mechanically intensive, y'all got no excuse.

Twookie

i couldn't wait for that FF9 pc release either, until I found out it's just the android app repacked with an emulator
facepalm.gif

edit: oh looking at that thread now, i see that was misleading, as unity has to include those lisences for the mobile emulator for the pc release. w o o p s i e

I thought that was found out to just be a legal requirement of SE to mention all the tools they used in making the game? Same stuff showed up for FFVI as well?

yeah, it turned out to be that, i read that "it was just the android app repacked with the emulator" thread, and then didn't check the thread later to find out that wasn't the case

Chris R

i couldn't wait for that FF9 pc release either, until I found out it's just the android app repacked with an emulator
facepalm.gif

I thought that was found out to just be a legal requirement of SE to mention all the tools they used in making the game? Same stuff showed up for FFVI as well?

Fevaweva

I have seen a lot of Tier 2 teams pick CK...is that hero viable now all of a sudden? I don't remember ever seeing him picked in Shanghai

kvk1

some of these mouth breathers Rocket League teams you up with makes solo queue Dota teammates look like Dendi

fuck

some of these mouth breathers Rocket League teams you up with makes solo queue Dota teammates look like Dendi

fuck
Just exclusively play defense. Any dummy can randomly score a goal, but a good goalie can carry super hard.

Unless it's Wasteland. Just go apeshit on Wasteland.

Top Bottom