• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

goddamn aprils fools imba is fucking ridiculous and hilarious

try it at least once!

.5 sec CD burrow striked
global omni slash
jugg-dizzy.gif
jugg-dizzy.gif

abunai

for me yes
i don't care about any team anymore cos they keep changing so damn much
i was gonna go to seattle this year but not feeling it anymore

I usually just cheer for the team that picks the more interesting drafts or heroes that I enjoy either playing or watching or both. I'm not a genuine fan of any team or player but I do like watching pro Dota a lot. It's not a necessity to cheer for anyone.

H13

U all will get hype for TI when its compendium, videos and its things like pictures, brochures etc comes out

Nere

March competitive pick list

Can we nuke invoker and bh already??

Lol @ Storm and sniper...

I really don't understand the hate against invoker. Yeah he is picked a lot in general but his win rate is actually below average. Pudge has historically the highest pick rate in pubs why aren't people complaining for him? The changes made in 6.86 for invoker were just to bring him online faster in a game nothing else. I would understand complaints for OD and spectre though they are OP.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I really don't understand the hate against invoker. Yeah he is picked a lot in general but his win rate is actually below average. Pudge has historically the highest pick rate in pubs why aren't people complaining for him? The changes made in 6.86 for invoker were just to bring him online faster in a game nothing else. I would understand complaints for OD and spectre though they are OP.

sven and zeus have a higher pickrate and winrate than OD...and pudge's winrate is 51.53 to OD's 51.89 and his pickrate is 32% to OD's 17%

What the hell happened to VP?

Watched those vp empire games from dreamleague and what a clownfest.

Also the mountains in Washington are the Cascades not the Rockies.

So I queued into this guy like 2 years ago in a ranked match. He is the #21 on Dotabuff of players with the most games and apparently, his MMR actually dropped since we last met in a 3.7k game or so lmao. Almost 11k games and having a page of mostly losses on normal skill bracket. :(

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
So I queued into this guy like 2 years ago in a ranked match. He is the #21 on Dotabuff of players with the most games and apparently, his MMR actually dropped since we last met in a 3.7k game or so lmao. Almost 11k games and having a page of mostly losses on normal skill bracket. :(

How far has your MMR risen since then?

kionedrik

If I were to guess the answer to this it would be something along the lines of:
- Pudge doesn't scale.
- Pudge solo kill potential is very limited (especially after the laning phase).
- Pudge is easily countered with obs and half a brain.

Giving Invoker a free level in invoke was a mistake. That buff should be reversed and the hero would still be too powerful but right now he's in ridiculous territory. His winrate is tied to the high skill ceiling of the hero and those, historically and for obvious reasons, never have high wr, no matter how op they are.

He has 61.02% pick rate in 5k+ with a 52.76% wr. That says a lot.

Specter and OD also need adjustments, no one will argue against that, but not nearly as much as Invoker, BM, BH and Furion do.

inkls

If I were to guess the answer to this it would be something along the lines of:
- Pudge doesn't scale.
- Pudge solo kill potential is very limited (especially after the laning phase).
- Pudge is easily countered with obs and half a brain.

Giving Invoker a free level in invoke was a mistake. That buff should be reversed and the hero would still be too powerful but right now he's in ridiculous territory. His winrate is tied to the high skill ceiling of the hero and those, historically and for obvious reasons, never have high wr, no matter how op they are.

He has 61.02% pick rate in 5k+ with a 52.76% wr. That says a lot.

Specter and OD also need adjustments, no one will argue against that, but not nearly as much as Invoker, BM, BH and Furion do.

You could argue that at a higer skill level pudges will buy smoke for their ganks. Also, furion needs nerfs?

Forge spirits need a significant nerf. Remove stacking armor reduction and/or make it only a single spirit at any time.

Some of the other little free shit he gets should also be removed. Doesn't deafening blast have a disarm still? Why does it need that? AoE displacement ability and it has a free disarm? wtf?

Either that, or I think he should have some changes to cast times or something so that he can't shut down heroes with so little risk of botching the engage.

kionedrik

You could argue that at a higer skill level pudges will buy smoke for their ganks. Also, furion needs nerfs?

True but he's mostly played in sub 3k games. Not saying folks in that bracket are brain dead but they are more prone to make mistakes. Besides, at higher skill levels, even with smokes, when people are missing from the map you'll see players playing ultra defensively, especially if there is a Pudge.
Imho, Furion is too strong right now. He definitely needs a nerf, although I don't really know how to nerf him...

Well technically, Pudge scaled infinitely. I had some scrub ass feeding Pudge on my team who, other than feeding, did nothing but eventually tank with his 6k HP in a game that went long enough. His shit positioning actually turned into an advantage as he racked up those Flesh Heap stacks and hearts (while having <10 armor, absolutely atrocious player) and tanked all the stuff the enemy team threw at him.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2234722710

I think Pudge is pretty good at the moment.

Top Bottom