• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Hylian7

he is on his way to be a ti panelist !

hope valve finds a solution for this bullshit. can't leave or get low prio for doing nothing wrong
rage.gif
I don't know what kind of solution they can do as an anti-intentional feed measure.

Granted, these types of games are much less frequent than they used to be. They have fixed some unnecessarily griefable mechanics:

- Can't move teammates items off of the courier unless they are shareable or you press E on it to make it take them to stash. I will never forget the game where someone was mad they didn't get mid and kept stealing my bottle, boots, etc.
- Destroying teammates items other than things like branches or tangos. I particularly remember an old Singsing stream where he got pissed at a teammate for using the courier, and destroyed his item.
- The disable help feature, although it is kind of dumb that it doesn't work on some spells like Tusk Snowball or Kunkka X.
- Reporting actually having a tangible effect, and LPQ the way it is has proven to work in many cases.

Maybe they could think of something I am not, but I have a hard time seeing how they can deal with the cases where someone straight trolls like that.

imo the solution is to have system that detect the pattern of griefing while the game on going, then make the game safe to leave.

things like selling all the items, using all the gold on sentries after selling all items, during the first 15 minutes of the game , detect keyword from team chat. etc

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
In CSGO if you kill an ally as a round starts you'll get auto kicked. The technology is definitely available for dota

Hylian7

imo the solution is to have system that detect the pattern of griefing while the game on going, then make the game safe to leave.

things like selling all the items, using all the gold on sentries after selling all items, during the first 15 minutes of the game , detect keyword from team chat. etc
Perhaps they are working on something like that, I could see Valve doing it since they love automation so much, but that in particular is something they would have to test super through like thoroughly and make sure it works well before implementing it, because and false positives can possibly ruin the player experience further. There are cases all the time where someone calls gg early, then their team somehow wins the game. If troll detection were to aggressive, it could kick in and just ruin a totally winnable game.

I know I have had a few games with an intentional feeder on my team were we still pulled through, were turning it around, and he decided to stop feeding because it looked like we would win.

shira

>Shadow Demon, Phantom Lancer, Anti-Mage, Troll Warlord, Faceless Void, and Beastmaster.
Each treasure also offers the chance to receive a rare Invoker item, a very rare Golden Treasure that contains golden versions of select Immortals, or an ultra rare mystery courier that celebrates the spirit of The International.
>>ultra rare mystery courier

Better be a Tekkies courier

AM Blink leave a log behind, like a Ninja

n9KmJTm.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really hope the TI Secret Shop has more than what's on the site, and they just haven't listed everything yet. I can't even buy a TI7 Jersey.

Hylian7

I really hope the TI Secret Shop has more than what's on the site, and they just haven't listed everything yet. I can't even buy a TI7 Jersey.
Yeah that was weird, and some of the shit they had in the previous version of the shop (before Valve took it down) is missing from the current one, like the deck of cards.

shira

TI SUNDAY NO GAMES TODAY, DAY OFF
0 GAMES, NADA

Feels like all the welovefine made stuff was pulled. Maybe they got fired

If you sign in do you get more options

Twookie

Jakiro immortal is nice

Finally an item for the best support in the game

The rest is meh

Not going to even buy one. Will get the items I want for $0.50 in a month

jakiro's is the best one in it for sure.

I don't really want any of the items, though. BUT I might buy two or three treasures with sheever's autograph just to show my appreciation and support

Fuchsdh

Well I'd like that Jakiro but even with my selling spree I'm mostly tapped out and no way I'm spending that much to get him. One day...

(At this point there's only one other skin I really want, and that's the scaly Veno one that makes the hero actually look good, instead of 'I use this hero because I've got a 65% WR and I like poison.')

shira

I don't really want any of the items, though. BUT I might buy two or three treasures with sheever's autograph just to show my appreciation and support
Ice path this year
Fire breath next year
TI8 exclusive dual breath immortal for level 322
Arcana amplifies effect of immortals

Oshimai

Does a percentage the proceeds from autographed treasures go directly to the individual?

Hylian7

I played some of Fire Emblem 6 on my flight. Hector dies in the 3rd chapter :(

That game was pretty good, not as good as FE7 IMO, but still good. That water castle map tho.

I was trying to finish the Splatoon 2 campaign to unlock the Hero weapons for multiplayer. I have one level left and then the final boss. The campaign is alright, but it's still not quite hooking me like the multiplayer, especially Salmon Run. I mainly just want to get it done to get those hero weapons and armor for multiplayer.

Hylian7

Isn't that game about waifus?

fuming.gif

While I definitely am not as much of a fan the modern FE games have gone (namely Awakening and Fates, although admittedly I haven't played Fates), they are still good games. However Echoes was a nice breath of fresh air, and I loved the art style in that one. Honestly I would love to see the art style from Echoes kept for the rest of the series. All the characters had to be redrawn from the original, but I didn't feel like any of them were drawn as "waifu" characters, if that makes sense.

shira

TI7 Main Event Day 1 of 6: Six matches - two UB1 + four LB1 (Bo1 elimination)

Today has six matches, two Upper Bracket Bo3 and four Lower Bracket Bo1 (elimination), one game at a time, times are general estimates

OPENING CEREMONY
t1502125200z4.png

followed by
Upper Bracket 1 (Bo3, double elimination)
1. Team Liquid(13-3) vs Invictus Gaming(10-6)

2. Newbee(11-5) vs Evil Geniuses(11-5)
t1502136000z4.png

Lower Bracket 1 (Bo1, elimination)
3. Team Secret(7-9) vs Execration(5-11)
t1502146800z4.png

4. Team Empire(6-10) vs Cloud 9(6-10)
t1502150400z4.png

5. OG(9-7) vs Infamous(5-11)
t1502154000z4.png

6. Invictus Gaming Vitality(7-9) vs Digital Chaos(6-10)
t1502157600z4.png
4 teams will have regards sent to them tonite

Chris R

How many gaffers are already at TI?

Also, wasn't there talk of a discord or something? Would be ideal for chatting/talking for people at the event instead of silly text messages

Top Bottom