• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Red UFO

Thankfuly the pros don't really pick spirit breaker so he has been the best hero in dota 2 for well over a year now and shows no sign of stopping

I guess the only way to win 3k game is to pick shadow shaman and end the game in 20 minutes or so, before the team start thinking they are god and throw.

Rorschach

8d925a0538.jpg
All in on aura! At least that guy is pushing lanes with E.

et8sKY6.jpg

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Yooo I managed to crack 4k mmr finally. I went from 2980 to 4011 using just supports. Now onto 5k ^_^
Congrats! 5k or feed trying for sure. What supports are you running currently?

mitchlol

Congrats! 5k or feed trying for sure. What supports are you running currently?

Jakiro/treant/ANcient app/visage

I find that if I do everything I can for the team. But wards courier place wards, save team mates, rotate whenever necessary, I have put faith into my team and they carry me just gotta give the carries and mid a chance with a decent start which I have the most control over. It's been a blast and I never receive bad behaviour directed at me.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Thankfuly the pros don't really pick spirit breaker so he has been the best hero in dota 2 for well over a year now and shows no sign of stopping

True that, not only is he a good offlaner, he is also a decent support. Also the fact I find him one of the most fun heroes to play.

if you don't need the right click he is quite a decent hero to burst people down with Dagon + Aghs with still 2 really good stuns.

I am going to be sad the day they nerf him again.

Hylian7

Jakiro/treant/ANcient app/visage

I find that if I do everything I can for the team. But wards courier place wards, save team mates, rotate whenever necessary, I have put faith into my team and they carry me just gotta give the carries and mid a chance with a decent start which I have the most control over. It's been a blast and I never receive bad behaviour directed at me.

I am going to be trying this to get to 4k myself. I've kind of stagnated over the years and I'm going to hit it hard and move up.

Edit: Consistent 4k that is, I've been 4k before for various reasons, such as spamming OP heroes.

mitchlol

I am going to be trying this to get to 4k myself. I've kind of stagnated over the years and I'm going to hit it hard and move up.

Edit: Consistent 4k that is, I've been 4k before for various reasons, such as spamming OP heroes.

I firmly believe that if you have a bit of faith in the carries/offlane/mid and do everything to support them you will win a majority of games. Of course there will be games where someone feeds but if I don't have anything positive or helpful to say I just don't type. It makes the games less salty and ultimately if I get matched with anyone again they don't have any animosity toward me. I came to accept that moving up the mmr can be a case of 3 steps forward 1 step back. Still I'm gaining mmr and not being left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

And being support is easily the best role in the game. Thinking back to WoW I played priest and was always needed. Support is just the same

I firmly believe that if you have a bit of faith in the carries/offlane/mid and do everything to support them you will win a majority of games. Of course there will be games where someone feeds but if I don't have anything positive or helpful to say I just don't type. It makes the games less salty and ultimately if I get matched with anyone again they don't have any animosity toward me. I came to accept that moving up the mmr can be a case of 3 steps forward 1 step back. Still I'm gaining mmr and not being left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

And being support is easily the best role in the game. Thinking back to WoW I played priest and was always needed. Support is just the same

This is pretty much how i play too. Being the position 5 support in solo games means you have to put your trust in the abilities of your teammates.

Lately i've seen a rise in support pickers in my solo games and i don't know how i feel about that... Whenever our team picks two supports instantly i'm left not knowing what to do because i've pretty much played nothing but that role for the past 2 years. I've tried to branch out a bit but i can't shake the old habits. I end up looking at the mini-map and checking on our other lanes way too often when i should be last hitting or i end up TP'ing whenever the enemy dives one of our other lanes and leaving my lane deserted...
I might also have a problem understanding the true value of gold on a carry as i often times buy wards and smoke when our supports can't afford it because "hey, its only 2 last hits for me right?". It feels wrong because i almost never see other carries do that.

Started back to playing DotA after a 14-month break.

5-19.

Today I'm 1-5. Only one of those games has been competitive. We lost.

DotA is the only game I know of where I feel like I have to accept that it is normal to lose more than I win.

When you're winning soundly and about to push into the enemy base and your riki abandons for 10 minutes allowing their AM and Clinkz who were getting rekt get farmed and split push to win.

/dota

shira

Pro Doto Dates
Next tournaments:
wyk said:
Starladder Minor, $300K USD
t1507705200z1.png

ESL Hamburg Major, $1M USD
t1509274800z4.png

When you're winning soundly and about to push into the enemy base and your riki abandons for 10 minutes allowing their AM and Clinkz who were getting rekt get farmed and split push to win.

/dota
Some people play by the hour at netcafes. If I'm playing pinoys and we can draw the game out for an hour we wins

Fuchsdh

/dota

I'm always amazed how in 2K-3K the idea of timing out when you need to end a game is pretty much only academic. Had a really solid early game where after a solid opening for us the enemy started pulling ahead because our team fight was terrible and our Abba ran off to die alone repeatedly. But the enemy just never pushed until way too late, by which time I'd gotten the buffed wards talent and we could easily hold them off until they just started getting wild and overcommitting. Especially in my Tree games if they give me the space to get aghs and get trees up they are basically handing the momentum of the game to the other team.

Hylian7

I've been playing support in solo ranked games, and it's gone pretty well for the most part. I've won some double MMR games, lost a couple. However one in particular loss: https://www.opendota.com/matches/3407668223

This one felt extremely frustrating. It didn't feel like I could position myself safely anywhere to actually be effective. I felt like there was nothing I could really do other than nuke waves and ward. So often everyone was able to close the gap on me and I could do nothing. Any suggestions here? Was Lion just a bad pick?

I'm always amazed how in 2K-3K the idea of timing out when you need to end a game is pretty much only academic. Had a really solid early game where after a solid opening for us the enemy started pulling ahead because our team fight was terrible and our Abba ran off to die alone repeatedly. But the enemy just never pushed until way too late, by which time I'd gotten the buffed wards talent and we could easily hold them off until they just started getting wild and overcommitting. Especially in my Tree games if they give me the space to get aghs and get trees up they are basically handing the momentum of the game to the other team.

This is why Spectre is super good at that level. Even if they bully you out of lane, you get boots, Ring of Health, Iron Talon and go farm the jungle. Sure, it's slower but the other team thinks "We beat her in lane so badly she will have nothing", while you're catching up in the jungle and they ignore you.

Fuchsdh

I've been playing support in solo ranked games, and it's gone pretty well for the most part. I've won some double MMR games, lost a couple. However one in particular loss: https://www.opendota.com/matches/3407668223

This one felt extremely frustrating. It didn't feel like I could position myself safely anywhere to actually be effective. I felt like there was nothing I could really do other than nuke waves and ward. So often everyone was able to close the gap on me and I could do nothing. Any suggestions here? Was Lion just a bad pick?

My only advice would have been more selfish and to go blink dagger before you built out Euls. I find Lion really tough because even for a support he's incredibly fragile, and unless it's 1v1 you really have no options but running because you don't have enough followup damage to discourage a dive.

Hylian7

My only advice would have been more selfish and to go blink dagger before you built out Euls. I find Lion really tough because even for a support he's incredibly fragile, and unless it's 1v1 you really have no options but running because you don't have enough followup damage to discourage a dive.

Yeah, I did try to play greedy but then I wasn't involved in anything going on in the rest of the map, and I kept dying and couldn't get anywhere.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, I did try to play greedy but then I wasn't involved in anything going on in the rest of the map, and I kept dying and couldn't get anywhere.

I think it's just about engaging enough to help out while making sure you get a few key items timely enough. Because later game you're nothing but a quick pickoff if you don't get them.

That's why I like Treant a lot. With the recent nerfs he really needs tranquil boots, but after that you can just save up for stuff like Aghs but still be useful to the team.

Lion is one of the supports that currently needs Blink. I would say Lion and Rubick are really difficult to play in the mid-game without one.

Top Bottom