• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

Yeah fuck that guy. I thought at least all his posts and posts about him in that thread got deleted, because I couldn't find them later.
So all the Canadians trying to buy from Target including that guy got their preorder cancelled.
#karma

Fuchsdh

This was unranked, but I was the only support. I just put Ice Armor on my CK/SF/Sniper/PA and mek'd when they finished a team fight lol. My play was sloppy as fuck as it was the first with my new mouse, but I think I can refine it.

Only thing I wasn't 100% sure on was my item build. SF went SB first so I didn't build glimmer since they had dusts/sents. Went force staff instead and it seemed to work, but completing my pike was probably a huge waste

It probably is unless you have the Lvl 25 Skadi talent, and late-game when you're six-slotted. Otherwise you're better off getting other items.

Check dotabuff meta win% for >2k https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/meta
Pick those heros, ban the others

If you can't gain mmr you are teh bad. If you are bad come complain here or git gud?

Watch informative streamers like Purge and BSJ, find better players to copy, watch replays, find a 5 stack to do Battle Cups or stacks to play with on /r/dota2comp

Chances are it sounds like either your team is letting the enemy carry free farm, you aren't counter picking if you can, or you might not be itemizing for the situation. Hard to tell without dotabuff or opendota.

Necro is #1 win rate below 2k... Shocker.

Thanks for the feed back. I'll deff check out dotabuff. Started right at 2k then took a nose dive lol

Chris R

It probably is unless you have the Lvl 25 Skadi talent, and late-game when you're six-slotted. Otherwise you're better off getting other items.

I got the Skadi talent but the game was pretty much over at that point anyways :(

I guess I could have grabbed a blink dagger instead to just improve my mobility and to get in better positions for the teamfights.

shira

wyk said:
DIgGWf_UEAAHPmL.jpg
Bucharest Minor, $300k USD, EG & LGD invited
http://dota2minor.pglesports.com/
t1508414400z1.png

Is Limp a new player? Or is it limmp the 9k mmr guy?

Still no team for attacker BibleThump
Chessie and his brother are 9k. And they have that US visa. Melonz needs a 12k to carry his dumas though

https://dota.rgp.io/toplist/#solo-8

I think SVG will be the new 4 or Crit goes back to 4 and he'll be the new 5. I don't think that one part of that rumour was accurate.

He helped Fear coach EG, he knows how the team works.

I've played about 1900 hours of DOTA 2 mainly unranked all pick and Ability Draft. After watching TI7 I realize that I'm kinda horrible at the game. I've started watching those Purge coaches Day9 videos and it seems to have given me a MUCH better insight to take my game to the next level. I have a drive to actually get a acceptable mmr vs just playing unranked for fun.

I've started playing ranked solo and party with one or two friends who are determined. Our MMR is like 1.6k (lol) but it feels like the games aren't just simple "carry to win, build BKB, etc." I have no issues playing supports or whatever the team requires, but I started moving towards carries to make a big splash in the game. Any basic tips? I last hit like a maniac, farm once the lanes are pushed. Keep a TP on me and check the minimap every 8-10 seconds but I still feel like the enemies carries are always right in front of me or even.

I think ability draft is one of the worst modes ever conceived in DotA and does a disservice to the game just as DOTA itself did a disservice to vanilla Warcraft 3 by literally killing its host game. Practically every hour you spent there is straight trash.

A lot of what I feel is the most important part of learning the game can only be developed by actually playing the game: map awareness.

It cannot be taught, but it must be learned.

Does the mid queen of pain have boots? TP scroll? If you are a carry in the safe Lane, how long do you think it will take for her to get to you once she goes AFK? Is the offline suddenly passive after aggressively denying your Spectre every last hit? Are they suddenly being aggressive after giving you everything for free?

The timer is about to hit the even number Mark. What kind of shenanigans are you anticipating with time spawns? Did you remember to stack the nearest jungle Creek at the 54 second Mark or are you blocking the spawn to get that Ursa to come out and play?

You are playing support and you notice that the wards have expired. What phase of the game is it? Where are you going to put your Wards without getting caught?

Hell if you are playing Carry and the wards are not up, put them up yourself! Better to lose 75 gold and stay alive then to waste 250 + to death!

If you can't see Riki or Gondar, assume they are following you.

Is there not a single hero on your minimap? You are about to get smoked!

The number of scenarios are endless, especially if freaking Spirit breaker is on the map and he has Shadow Blade. When I play that hero, I don't charge across the map like most people do. I TP to the closest point of my target before charging.

Ward wars suck.

traveler

Not Wario
What is the likelihood that we see a major balance patch (not even going to wonder about pangolin/Sylph) before Hamburg given that they saw fit to release a decent sized smaller patch just after TI? Was kind of hoping to see a bigger metagame shift at the next major.

Qvoth

i can see 7.07 before the next major (dunno when that is)
7.10 is the dueling fates update, and it's probably going to be our christmas present, so late december

shira

i can see 7.07 before the next major (dunno when that is)
7.10 is the dueling fates update, and it's probably going to be our christmas present, so late december
It looks like if they do 3 three month seasons there is a huge break at Christmas and another mini break in March.

It feels weird getting a new Heroes that were never in Dota 1. I'm still giving Monkey King the side-eye.

I think I felt more comfortable when people were perpetually whining for a Abyssal Lord. Ironically, I have never seen anyone play with him.

Also, I wtf'd the other day when I played against a techies. He jumped at me!!! I almost pissed my pants because tiny tossing suicide techies into you used to be a legit strat. Instead, he just walked away. Wut?

shira

It feels weird getting a new Heroes that were never in Dota 1. I'm still giving Monkey King the side-eye.

I think I felt more comfortable when people were perpetually whining for a Abyssal Lord. Ironically, I have never seen anyone play with him.

Also, I wtf'd the other day when I played against a techies. He jumped at me!!! I almost pissed my pants because tiny tossing suicide techies into you used to be a legit strat. Instead, he just walked away. Wut?
He's probably getting reworked again too

Twookie

Alliance roster changes - same boring shit as always

http://thealliance.gg/news/402

this is going to go great this time I'm sure

Gothenburg, Sweden  – August 31st, 2017 – Two weeks ago we announced that we were releasing a part of our Dota 2 roster. Going into the next season we have decided to rebuild the Dota 2 roster entirely with Jonathan ”Loda" Berg back in charge as the team captain. Thus we are announcing the departure of Axel ”Pablo" Källman and Adrian ”Era" Kryeziu in order to rebuild the team from scratch.
charm_facepalm.gif

shira

HOLY SHIT DC SOUTH AMERICA

Black has made the world tour

master troll/jb8?
https://twitter.com/BlackDotA2/status/903255262471098368 said:
just landed in germany to see that i moved to SA...don't believe everything you hear or see ^_^.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The new lineup of Team Spirit for Dota 2:
Igor «iLTW» Filatov
Bogdan «Iceberg» Vasilenko
Alexander «DkPhobos» Kucheria
Artem «fng» Barshak
Malte « Biver» Winter

Top Bottom