• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Zeliard

eznark said:
Someone asked before about the first Dragon Age book, Stolen Throne, and how much it tied in. I'm just out of my origin story so I have no idea how big a part he plays in the game but Loghain is a key character in the book.

Oh and by the way, Loghain is portrayed by Simon Templeman, aka the God of Voice Actors.

For those who don't know, that's the guy who portrayed Kain in the Legacy series.

Legacy of Kain, between Kain, Raziel and the Elder God, pretty much has the finest voice acting you'll find anywhere in the medium.

Ember128

Balya said:
I might be fucking up the intended experience a bit by being such a dick with the character creator but I don't care:

2eow8s3.jpg

:lol
Wow. Wow.

Fredescu

My copy finally arrived. Technically on time, but I was hoping against hope it would be here early. Oh well. Work is going to go so slowly.

Zeliard

Anyone know at what point in the game you can get
Zevran
? If I'm gonna have a rogue in my party, it'll probably be him.

Balya

Actually, I had Ugmo (for that is her name) come on to Iona in the Human Noble origin story and she seemed down for it. I reloaded and tried to get a threesome going with Ugmo, Iona and Dairren but she turned us down. Ended up with just the dude. :(

b4tf6p.jpg

At least the dog was happy. Slugmo the war dog.

bengraven

For some bizarre reason I canNOT download any screenshots to Photobucket. Anyone else have this issue? I tried downloading the JPGs straight from the Screenshots folder, didn't work. Then I tried moving them to the desktop and still couldn't get them to work. Hm.

Zeliard said:
That's like an Asian girl with ass. Simply a marvelous achievement to be gazed at in wonder. Pics plz.

I'm at work. :lol

kamspy

Just ordered the retail PC version.

Anyone have any idea what kind of performance I'll get? My configuration is odd, and the posted system requirements and Toms Hardware article didn't help much.

Here it is.

AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+ (dual core at 3Ghz)
ATI HD 4770 (yeah, my and 12 other people. great card. clocked at 900/1000)
Vista 32
3.5GB of RAM (4gb actually, but 32 bit OS, sooo)

CPU bottleneck right? I can pull 60fps @ 1440x900 on just about everything outside of Crysis aGTA4 and few unoptimized POS PC, but it's these CPU heavy games that kill me.

For example, this rig will pull way better than 60fps on FEAR 2 and Far Cry 2 with everything maxed but struggles to maintain 30 on Prototype and Ghostbusters. WTF

eznark

Banned
bengraven said:
No, only Leilana and that elf assassin are bi.
Yeah, even the two dwarf chicks I banged in the beginning made me take turns.

And you guys are getting real creepy with the bitching about concept art sexy chick v. in-game sexy chick. Reminding me of the Seinfeld episode with the "bad lighting" girl friend.

bengraven

eznark said:
Yeah, even the two dwarf chicks I banged in the beginning made me take turns.

And you guys are getting real creepy with the bitching about concept art sexy chick v. in-game sexy chick. Reminding me of the Seinfeld episode with the "bad lighting" girl friend.

My wife is pretty cute herself and I'm well taken care of sexually, but even she said she wouldn't want to stare at "some chick who rubbed liver blood all over her lips and smokes Marlboro Reds" for 60+ hours.

True quote. :lol She liked original Morrigan, because she found a hoodie just like it on eBay a few months ago.

Crisco

Banned
This game has been amazing so far. From a Baldur's Gate 2 fan, this is quite literally everything I could have hoped for. The story especially has been incredible. It's like a good book that you just can't put down. I want to know what happens next!!!!!

Playing on PC of course, zooming out to the tactical view is essential imo, I couldn't imagine playing it any other way.

Zeliard

kamspy said:
Just ordered the retail PC version.

Anyone have any idea what kind of performance I'll get? My configuration is odd, and the posted system requirements and Toms Hardware article didn't help much.

Here it is.

AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+ (dual core at 3Ghz)
ATI HD 4770 (yeah, my and 12 other people. great card. clocked at 900/1000)
Vista 32
3.5GB of RAM (4gb actually, but 32 bit OS, sooo)

CPU bottleneck right? I can pull 60fps @ 1440x900 on just about everything outside of Crysis aGTA4 and few unoptimized POS PC, but it's these CPU heavy games that kill me.

For example, this rig will pull way better than 60fps on FEAR 2 and Far Cry 2 with everything maxed but struggles to maintain 30 on Prototype and Ghostbusters. WTF

The game is not a system hog in the slightest. You have nothing to worry about.

kamspy

Zeliard said:
The game is not a system hog in the slightest. You have nothing to worry about.

Really? Specs made it seem like one of those games that fussed without a quad core.

Well, I hope it's like ya say. Can't wait to get my game going.:D

Owen D

Neo Member
So if I buy the boxed pc version of the game will I be able to activate it on steam using the registration code like dawn of war 2.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Which location can I pick up the assassin? Really don't want to be using brain damage girl as my rogue.

Zeliard

kamspy said:
Really? Specs made it seem like one of those games that fussed without a quad core.

Well, I hope it's like ya say. Can't wait to get my game going.:D

Well, I do have a quad, but tons of people don't and seem to be running it just fine at high settings. The game is very well-optimized (shockingly so for a Bioware game) and also scales very well - even if your performance isn't quite where you want it to be at, just turn down a setting or two (like lower AA) and you'll be good.

EviLore said:
Which location can I pick up the assassin? Really don't want to be using brain damage girl as my rogue.

Wondering this too, but I don't want to go into wikis and get potentially spoiled.

Relix said:
Please answer quick :lol

Do I battle the demon boy or do I send Morrigan to the fade?

I opted to fight him, then backed off when the moment came. Presented an interesting final option.

eznark

Banned
Just exited and restarted Dragon Age...checked downloadable content and in the installed section it is saying I am "unauthorized" for The Stone Prisoner and a memory band that was the Impulse item.

Anyone else experience this?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Relix said:
Can't fucking beat the Revenant!!!!

EDIT: Oh shit a lever :lol

There are a handful of revenants in the game. When
the game asks you to mess with the vials... always mess with the vials for a battle with a revenant

Caspel

EviLore said:

Zevran will try to assassinate you about 5-8 hrs in. It's random as far as I know since it hasn't happened at the same time frame or location in my play-throughs.

EDIT: I had a colleague just tell me it took him 20 hours to reach the point where Zevran attacked his party.

Caspel

Relix said:
Please answer quick :lol

Do I battle the demon boy or do I send Morrigan to the fade?

you need the
boy alive so you can learn the ways of the blood mage

Crisco

Banned
Well, I do have a quad, but tons of people don't and seem to be running it just fine at high settings. The game is very well-optimized (shockingly so for a Bioware game) and also scales very well - even if your performance isn't quite where you want it to be at, just turn down a setting or two (like lower AA) and you'll be good.

Indeed, the game runs amazing. Those extra few months to scrap together the console versions really paid off for the PC version me thinks. It looks and runs beautifully at 1920x1200 with the highest settings, and my machine is almost a year old now.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Zod the Bear said:
I opted to fight him, then backed off when the moment came. Presented an interesting final option.

Decided for the ritual...

Very nice. Don't regret it :lol

MOTHER FUCKER!!

I have not been able to play BG2 on my new PC for reasons I could not figure out. I went on message boards and even asked GAF and just could not figure out why it was running at a single digit framerate on my Vista machine.

After trying to play it on and off for over a year, switching this setting and that setting, I finally, finally switched 3D Acceleration off on the config menu...and...:lol It works great.

Man I must be crazy. Im about 15 hours in with my dual wielding City Elf warrior, but, I really want to start over. I mean, I JUST really got the hang of the battle system (and leveling) and I feel like I made a million bad decisions with the skills my party learned, and no respec makes me sad. Whaddya think Gaf? Should I go for a do over? I've only just
solved redcliffes little undead problem and a few sidequests here or there.

Zeliard

Crisco said:
Indeed, the game runs amazing. Those extra few months to scrap together the console versions really paid off for the PC version me thinks. It looks and runs beautifully at 1920x1200 with the highest settings, and my machine is almost a year old now.

My card, 8800 GTX, is now about three years old. Quad core @ 2.4 ghz is roughly about the same age. Rig runs the game beautifully at max settings, 1680x1050.

Top Bottom