• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

koji

Yeah it's probably best to just stop reading this thread if you don't want anything spoiled. Must resist...

Fakto

So, Why there isn't an option in the PS3 version of the game to turn the console interface into the PC interface ?
The PS3 supports keyboard and mouse after all !

I'm playing the PC version btw, I'm just curious

Fakto said:
So, Why there isn't an option in the PS3 version of the game to turn the console interface to the PC interface ?

I'm playing the PC version btw, but O'm curious
Probably wasn't a big deal to them. Just like real time weapon swapping... .. .. . ...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fakto said:
So, Why there isn't an option in the PS3 version of the game to turn the console interface into the PC interface ?

I'm sure that they could have done it, but I guess that us PS3 peasants aren't worth the effort.
Anyways, I'm (mid-game spoiler)
stuck in the demon nightmare thing right now. I was working on the Redcliff castle quest, I got up to the demon boy but they said that I could rescue him without mommy dying if I got the magi in the tower to help. I'm starting to think that her life isn't worth the effort, the tower was easy enough but now I'm going in circles trying to figure out how to get past this segment with the mouse form and shit. This is what I get for trying to be a nice guy.

bran

Revelations said:
Oh and I'm using this fine little tank:

65445.jpg

What kind of armor you got there? What level you get that armor from?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Revelations said:
Probably wasn't a big deal to them. Just like real time weapon swapping... .. .. . ...

Hey now, I remember real time weapon swapping being a pretty big feature when Sony first started showing off the PS3.

markot

Banned
Snuggler said:
I'm sure that they could have done it, but I guess that us PS3 peasants aren't worth the effort.
stuck in the demon nightmare thing right now. I was working on the Redcliff castle quest, I got up to the demon boy but they said that I could rescue him without mommy dying if I got the magi in the tower to help. I'm starting to think that her life isn't worth the effort, the tower was easy enough but now I'm going in circles trying to figure out how to get past this segment with the mouse form and shit. This is what I get for trying to be a nice guy.
You would have had to done it anyway to get their support.

Its tough being a nice guy though >.<
I should have just killed the kid, little brat...

markot

Banned
bran said:
What kind of armor you got there? What level you get that armor from?
Its from wardens keep.

The dlc >.< Not worth the purchase imo. So lame of them to put the storage thingy in a DLC pack.

hermit7

Snuggler said:

I am just about here also, and it is a realllly long section. I played for 3 hours today wandering through before I got a gist of what I was supposed to do. Overall its a really strong section, but there is a drastic shift in gameplay features that takes adjusting too.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
fanboi said:
Question, is it only around 30 different mobs to encounter? Seems like a small number in this type of game... :|

It seems there are different version of the same type of creature. Are humans/elves/dwarves in the enemy section of the Codex? im encoding atm and cant check myself :(

markot said:
Its from wardens keep.

The dlc >.< Not worth the purchase imo. So lame of them to put the storage thingy in a DLC pack.

Considering how limited our initial inventory is it may be worth it to some looters.

markot

Banned
Well, its not like you spend much time fighting spiders or rats like in most rpgs.

So I dont mind that there isnt a super amount of variety in what enemies look like.

Plus I think there is enough >.>!

markot

Banned
Revelations said:
Considering how limited our initial inventory is it may be worth it to some looters.
Well, it should have been in the game and not dlc, its just a cheap move by bioware and continues the shame of dlc.

>.<

I mean, you dont even get to use the freaking keep! just set up this little camp thing outside... plus they say its worth 7 bucks on the site, but that seems really excessive for the length of the quests there
So annoying...

Just buy the extra 10 slots instead from the different merchants!

Naeblish

Ugh, i hate that you need a rogue just to open chests. I would really like 2 mages because they have so many awesome spells, and Morrigan stands head and shoulders above the rest in terms of damage/crowd control, but i fucking hate having to leave unopened chests behind.

markot said:
Well, it should have been in the game and not dlc, its just a cheap move by bioware and continues the shame of dlc.

>.<

I mean, you dont even get to use the freaking keep! just set up this little camp thing outside... plus they say its worth 7 bucks on the site, but that seems really excessive for the length of the quests there
So annoying...

Just buy the extra 10 slots instead from the different merchants!

7 bucks for infinite space!!! :lol

fanboi

Banned
Number 2 said:
It seems there are different version of the same type of creature. Are humans/elves/dwarves in the enemy section of the Codex? im encoding atm and cant check myself :(

Hum, maybe...
But when I think of it, this isn't D&D were there are gazillion different creatures.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
A question to those deeper in the game.. are there any fights against other groups of adventurers? Those were some of my favorite fights in BG2 and im wondering if there is anything like that here.

While im encoding i decided to pull out my BG2 strategy guide to check on how many different enemies there were.. i forgot how varied the game was.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hydrargyrus said:
The PS3 version of the Dragons Age Collectors Edition includes the redeem code for ME2??

I didn't see anything for it in the case. I just had codes for the dragon armor and shale, it's a bummer cause I still would have been able to use to ME codes for whatever useless junk it would have given me.

BeeDog

Zefah said:
With the game installed on Steam right click on it and choose "view CD keys" (I think that was the name). Depending on your version and if you pre-ordered it or not you should get 1-3 keys displayed in a box. You then take these to the Bioware Social Network website and on the left bar select profile and then select "register game" from the expanded menu. You will then be brought to a screen where you can register your CD keys. If the key is 16 digits, the hyphens should already be there with the Steam CD key so you can just copy and paste it, but for the main game CD key (which is 20 digits) you will have to place a hyphen after every 4th digit when registering it with the Bioware Social Network.

After you have completed registration you just boot up Dragon Age and click the "log in" button at the bottom left of the main menu and enter your Bioware Social Network information. Assuming everything worked okay you will be able to download any install any DLC available to you.

I assume once Mass Effect 2 comes out you will log into the Bioware Social Network in a similar fashion and the game will automatically detect if you have Dragon Age registered or not.

Thanks again, lovely answer. Guess if I can't find the CE in a store (it's sold out everywhere here), I'll go for the DigiDeluxe.

Animator

This game fucking ROCKS!

Took me back to my baldurs gate 2 days. Started a elven magician character and went through the horrowing (which was awesome). I love the characters already. Though I am involuntarily helping my asshole annoying friend because it looks like it can benefit me.

So, keeping it spoiler free, who would people say are the best/most essential party members, both in terms of general skills and entertainment (pairings that have fun chats etc)?

Zzoram

I'm at Lothering with my City Elf Rogue and I'm thinking of re-rolling yet again. Now that I have a better idea of what party members to expect, I can try to build my main to not overlap.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Snuggler said:
I didn't see anything for it in the case. I just had codes for the dragon armor and shale, it's a bummer cause I still would have been able to use to ME codes for whatever useless junk it would have given me.

How does all of this work on the consoles? Do you do anything with the Bioware Social Network? Do you log into the Bioware Social Network when playing Dragon Age? As far as I am aware, for the PC version at least, if you have the dragon armor in Dragon Age then you will have it in Mass Effect 2 as well.

I refought the boss at the mage tower 4 FUCKING TIMES. The first time i didnt get the story result i wanted, the second and third times because I didnt get to loot the bodies because the dialogue options warped me the fuck out. I realized in retrospect i could have probably just ran up there after the fight, but i wasnt sure if the game would keep the bodies there.

Naeblish said:
Ugh, i hate that you need a rogue just to open chests. I would really like 2 mages because they have so many awesome spells, and Morrigan stands head and shoulders above the rest in terms of damage/crowd control, but i fucking hate having to leave unopened chests behind.

So use two mages, a tank, and a rogue. That combo has worked really well for me.

nubbe

I got 90 spaces in my inventory.
I can hardly see how one could require more storage.

Unless you carry around shit you think you might need... but never do.

Zzoram

g0atcheese said:
The amount of side-quests in this game is insane.

Definitely feels like Baldur's Gate 2 in that regard. This game has like 5x the content of Mass Effect (if you exclude those crappy planet exploration missions).

On the Dog line of conversation, I've got all the party members and am level 17 and I still bring him along from time to time. He was in my party non-stop 'til I ended up moving things around to a 2 mage group.

At 32 hours in I'm level 17, have explored 66% of the world and am 46% to full completion according to the party stats.

This is a giant game and I love it.

Zzoram said:
Definitely feels like Baldur's Gate 2 in that regard. This game has like 5x the content of Mass Effect (if you exclude those crappy planet exploration missions).

ME is a bad measuring stick for content, it was short and to the point (Ignoring crappy planet explorations). Truth be told, it is nice to have some RPGs like that

Question: How much of that content includes us doing the normal X,Y,Z rpg thing?

Zzoram

lorddarkflare said:
ME is a bad measuring stick for content, it was short and to the point (Ignoring crappy planet explorations). Truth be told, it is nice to have some RPGs like that

Question: How much of that content includes us doing the normal X,Y,Z rpg thing?

I'm actually getting overwhelmed by the volume of content in this game. I just listened to a dozen rumours from some bartender in Lothering even though none of them triggered anything quest related. It's pretty crazy that they recorded so many unnecessary lines that you could easily skip.

Zzoram said:
I'm actually getting overwhelmed by the volume of content in this game. I just listened to a dozen rumours from some bartender in Lothering even though none of them triggered anything quest related. It's pretty crazy that they recorded so many unnecessary lines that you could easily skip.

Nice, always good to see the extra effort.

How is the questing? Some reviewers reported that there were many fetch quests.

painey

achievements have really ruined some enjoyment of RPG's for me.. I know they are just achievements and I have no hope of getting full gamerscore, but Im constantly looking online for a guide to get all characters just so I dont miss one.. I really wish I could just play through an enjoy on its own but i just hate to miss out on achievements I could otherwise get.

Dynoro said:
Afaik; there's a hetrosexual for each gender and a bisexual for each gender - so 4 possible romance options

Um, I don't suppose you know who the romance options are for each gender?

You might want to spoiler tag your response, just in case. :lol

Q8D3vil

question about morrigan quest
there's no way in hell i can defeat flemeth with my current 10 lvl , so will she quit my party if i did other quests ?!

another question , my character is warrior and im leveling strength and dexerity , whats the best class for him ?!

Naeblish

Basileus777 said:
So use two mages, a tank, and a rogue. That combo has worked really well for me.
Do you play console/pc, difficulty? I'm on pc normal. I think having one tank would make the game a lot harder, unless you use 1 mage for constant healing.

Top Bottom