• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sony

Nintendo
17 is the single best thing about Super. I hope he becomes a regular cast member. Loving his on-screen presence.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Some guy made this amazing DBS version of Thor Ragnarok poster. So sweet.

DGjl-VAWAAARrqK.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/DJonesArt/status/894217415910981634

Astral Dog

Apparently Towa is to blame in-universe
Code:
[img]https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/f/f3/Cell-X_render.png/revision/latest/thumbnail-down/width/732/height/772?cb=20170112055639[/img]
[img]https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/4/4a/Cell-X_SDBH.png/revision/latest/thumbnail-down/width/732/height/664?cb=20170112055711[/img]
must have a lot of Cell jr. Inside

Cell getting a Super level power-boost would be very scary.

Beerus and others straight up beat Goku but he literally gave up against Cell. Sure, there's Hit but it wasn't a to the death fight. Cell's probably the most skilled super villain fighter in Dragon Ball, literally contains Cells from everyone. If he had the raw-power to keep up with Goku/Vegeta he could be something else.

Haven't really seen that helplessness from Goku before where he has to rely on his son to survive. Usually he believes he can get the job done somehow regardless.

I mean, 17 was never part of the main cast and had a short lived existence in the manga, so I'd guess why random people vote for him last.

That Gohan is second last is shocking.

Well, fuck them, Gohan and 17 are the best part of this. Hopefully they don't let that affect them.

It really is a shocker that Gohan is that low.

I'm also surprised Piccolo is that high. He's done nothing at the ToP.

Skeeter49

It's sad Cocotte had to suck like that.

And cat girl feels redundant with Kakunsa.
Cocotte would be good in a 1 on 1 fight. We never really saw her fight, so they could always do more with her in the future.

The pocket dimensions are also a little outdated with people in the Buu arc being able to rip through dimensions.

Kevinroc

I mean, 17 was never part of the main cast and had a short lived existence in the manga, so I'd guess why random people vote for him last.

That Gohan is second last is shocking.

Well, fuck them, Gohan and 17 are the best part of this. Hopefully they don't let that affect them.

17 being low isn't shocking, as you said. But I'm actually not surprised Gohan had fallen so low. He's done nothing but blow it since Cell. There's a reason Jaco called him "Son Goku's kind of mediocre son."

As long as characters get some spotlight, and get to do something cool while the spotlight shines on them, they will get a chance to shine and fans will like them. It wouldn't surprise me if 17 picks up a lot of fans after these last few episodes.

It's true. Those two are carrying this arc for me. 18 as well.
Oh yeah 18 has definitely been fantastic too. I'm so glad she's back in the action, I think she has done more here than in the Buu saga lol
Some guy made this amazing DBS version of Thor Ragnarok poster. So sweet.

DGjl-VAWAAARrqK.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/DJonesArt/status/894217415910981634
That's amazing .o
But that means Trunks gets turned to the dark side and kills Vegeta!

bm2cyn00jqvy.gif
Trunks:

Fj0823

Don't know if this has already been discussed. It appears that the LATAM opening might get replaced for the superior Adrian Barba version.

Problem: the original singer closed his social media accounts because of all the hate from the fans.

On one hand, it would be nice to have Barba back for that opening and the second one as well. On the other, it's kind of disgusting that people think that it's okay to harass someone just because they don't like the lyrics.

Fuck this.

Leave it as is I say. Do not reward Gamer gate-like bullshit.

Fj0823

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, what was wrong with the lyrics in that dub?

Absolutely nothing beyond being not as cool as a fan version

"Vuela, Pega y Esquiva! Vamos! Hazlo! Deja el miedo" (Fly! Hit! And Dodge! Let's go! Do it! Have no fear!) With loooong intonations to Match the rythm was used for the "Chosetzu, Moretzu, Dainamiku! Let's go Brenda kikku" Part

People were used to a fan version written and performed by the old Z singer that used "Con intensidad lucharemos! No te rindas aún así intentemos" (lets fight with intensity,don't give up at least try)

This lyrics are obviously (more like barely) better than the random words the official one, but people are taking it waaaaaay too far.

Slaythe

Absolutely nothing beyond being not as cool as a fan version

"Vuela, Pega y Esquiva! Vamos! Hazlo! Deja el miedo" (Fly! Hit! And Dodge! Let's go! Do it! Have no fear!) With loooong intonations to Match the rythm was used for the "Chosetzu, Moretzu, Dainamiku! Let's go Brenda kikku" Part

People were used to a fan version written and performed by the old Z singer that used "Con intensidad lucharemos! Nunca nos rendiremos" (lets fight with intensity,never giving up)

The lyrics are obviously better, but people are taking it waaaaaay too far.

Who fucking cares. Jesus.

Fj0823

But is this really a new thing though? I believe lyrics have been slightly altered since the original Dragon Ball.

No! Latin DBZ is practically in Japanese, you see. A perfact translation from an eastern asian language to a Hispanic one with NOTHING lost on translation.

Hell sometimes we even need subtitles to truly understand the quality of the translations

/S

Pure trash! Did you not see those awful, knockoff Ginyu poses? If the Ginyu Force held tryouts, he'd have been cut first round. He should stick to his day job of fighting hedgehogs.

:p He just talks too much.

*nods* Everything you say is true. Besides all that, you just can't trust anyone that constantly spouts out 'justice' like that... They think they are judge, jury, and executioner... kind of sounds totaltarian if you ask me. So not just uncool copycats, but likely hypocrits as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom