• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

They added battle damage.

lK6EX4.jpg

That art and animation was rough.

It's also hilarious for me that Gohan is supposed to be the smart one here and yet here he is making the same mistakes people were complaining about Goku doing.

Not to mention losing to that Yardrat scrub.

Effect

I'm actually surprised they were going to let the actual betrayal ride like that. They were cool with that. I don't know why I thought they wouldn't be but oh well.

Rutger

Banned
That was a disappointing episode.

If they were going to make Frieza act like Frost, they should have just developed Frost more and let us keep Buu in the tournament. What a waste.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure why people are so surprised Zeno would easily erase Frost. Zeno doesn't take shit from anyone and what he says goes. Zeno is a kid and the fighters are his toys. If one of his toys functions incorrectly he gets rid of that toy.

https://youtu.be/egmHWU0LvQY

Look at how cold he acted towards his own elite guards in this clip during the Goku black arc(around 1:30).

emb

Fun episode. The Frieza/Frost team up thing was telegraphed pretty early and kinda built up. Sorta glad to see them going a different direction with it, I thought they'd go the predictable route and have those to derail the whole tournament into the end game.

Krillin and the commentary crew were annoying in this one though. DB always has that going on, but sometimes it works better than others.

caliph95

Ribranne is starting to annoy me and I don't know why and I liked that one episode
Krillin and the commentary crew were annoying in this one though. DB always has that going on, but sometimes it works better than others.
Yeah that's really getting annoying and sometimes feel like padding

That art and animation was rough.

It's also hilarious for me that Gohan is supposed to be the smart one here and yet here he is making the same mistakes people were complaining about Goku doing.

Not to mention losing to that Yardrat scrub.

I mean, I could understand Gohan being in a tough spot, but Frieza took care of him in like 5 seconds.

Ribranne is starting to annoy me and I don't know why and I liked that one episode

She peaked several episodes and is now just being used as a roadblock for Goku. She'll likely be taken out by Jirren next episode.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I liked this ep.

Pretty interesting dynamic between Gohan and Frieza. Although in some ways I think the exact same episode could have been achieved with Piccolo in Gohan's place.

Galang

Banned
I enjoyed the episode. Always great seeing more Gohan and Freiza/Frost made the episode hella entertaining. Also love Ribrianne <3, she looks like she's going ham on the next episode! The arrow attacks look rad as fuck!!

LotusHD

Banned
Does this episode count as GAF being wrong again? Not only did the Frost/Frieza team-up not happen in any capacity, but Frost didn't even get a chance to betray him lol

A terrible thought crept into my head...

One of the episodes is called
Vegeta's resolve...what if his resolve is to save u7 no matter what, and he agrees to do the fusion dance with goku to take on jiren...and then the battle loving Saiyan battle is about gogeta &#128552;

You just fell into his trap!
I like Goten too

caliph95

I mean, I could understand Gohan being in a tough spot, but Frieza took care of him in like 5 seconds.

She peaked several episodes and is now just being used as a roadblock for Goku. She'll likely be taken out by Jirren next episode.

She's just annoying.

Goku pls, stop being a jackass and knock Ribranne away.
But Ribranne love is too strong for Goku he can't beat her love, wait while she delivers

Honestly she is supposed to be strong at least on paper but doesn't feel like and feels she exist to keep characters busy

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I legit would have rooted for Brianne de Chateau~

Ribrianne is yuck and just annoying. Seeing her fight is not entertaining.

Rutger

Banned
Will never understand those who want Buu over Frieza

Buu has been underutilized in his new role as a good person, plus has a far more interesting fighting style.
Frieza is a character that has been given far too many second chances, and all he has done so far is act out of character by stealing Frost's gimmick while removing him from the arc.

Even if I wasn't tired of seeing Frieza, I'd still be unhappy about how he acted in this episode.

I mean they pretty much said that if Gohan didn't figure it out Freeza would have just beaten him.
I'd guess Freeza didn't like Frost having a blast ready for him so he decided do make a potential back-up plan with Gohan.
That and I'm guessing that Freeza REALLY didn't like Frost revealing his intended-betrayal out of nowhere. If anyone is going to do that, it's going to be Freeza himself, and no one else. Frost doing it for him had to rub Freeza the wrong way.

So, he decided to go all Monokuma on him--raise his hopes at first, make him think that he actually has a chance and that things might actually be fine, so that he could make him fall into an even deeper, darker despair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom