• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

I can never take this clip seriously since they keep playing the Mega Man music from the 90s cartoon.

Not sure what this even means if you're talking about the current arc. He beat Botamo by lifting him up and pushing him our of the ring in normal state. He powered up to Ultimate and easily beat Obuni. He powered up to Ultimate as part of Freeza's plan in a mock battle to trick Frost... The tournament is about to start its climax so no doubt he'll get even more time to do things there.

The Obuni fight wasn't that good since it was just Gohan going back to using power to overwhelmed his opponent. That is like patting Goku on the back because he beat Begoma easily. The way he also dealt with Botamo was also dumb, especially since they rewrote how Botamo's ability work so the Kamehameha could launched him.

Morlas

And Vegeta.
He would one shot the yardrat just like my girl Caulifla.
tumblr_inline_otiwrzKJWn1upw48e_540.gif

HardRojo

man, this would have been perfect, if Vegeta had gone with "Super Saiyan Azul" instead of Blue
I actually like the fact that they kept it as Blue, but I'm sure opinions will be very divisive on that.
I wonder what they are going to go with Rose.
After today's episode I'm fairly sure they'll keep the "Rosé", what's still a mystery is whether they'll pronounce it the same as the Japanese version, or pronounce it as the English word "Rose".

Ingeniero

I actually like the fact that they kept it as Blue, but I'm sure opinions will be very divisive on that.

After today's episode I'm fairly sure they'll keep the "Rosé", what's still a mystery is whether they'll pronounce it the same as the Japanese version, or pronounce it as the English word "Rose".
The'll go with SSJ "ROSA".
Plain and simple.

That doesn't sound that good IMO.

Ingeniero

Or this, probably 🤔 we'll see. So how did you like today's episode my fellow countryman? Amazing, wasn't it? Vegeta at the top of his game and his voice acting was on point.
The latin dub has been consistently good.
I wish Beerus had a more childish voice tho, but overall its great.
Vegeta was amazing today.

Or this, probably 🤔 we'll see. So how did you like today's episode my fellow countryman? Amazing, wasn't it? Vegeta at the top of his game and his voice acting was on point.

Yeah now that I think about it, phonetically it sounds like "I rubbed" or something similar lol.

They should have used Azul.

Morlas

I'm guessing the English dub will go with Rose with the accent since its named after a wine

HardRojo

They should have used Azul.
I like Blue better :p Maybe Toei told them to keep it as Blue, rather than translating it?
Rose instead of Rosé probably, with "Rosé" the dirty jokes write themselves. You know like the ones about the Meltrozo sisters...

Also holy shit, Treviño I am so sorry. You are a freaking great "Kyabe", dude nailed it!!
Yep, liked the voice since it was first introduced in the show and today's episode was proof enough that it was a great fit for Cabba.
I'm guessing the English dub will go with Rose with the accent since its named after a wine
Yeah, there wouldn't be any problem in English if they pronounced it like that, in Spanish it'd sound a bit weird as "Rosé" sounds similar to "I rubbed".

Fj0823

I like Blue better :p Maybe Toei told them to keep it as Blue, rather than translating it?

Yep, liked the voice since it was first introduced in the show and today's episode was proof enough that it was a great fit for Cabba.

Yeah, there wouldn't be any problem in English if they pronounced it like that, in Spanish it'd sound a bit weird as "Rosé" sounds similar to "I rubbed".

Super Saiyajin Rosé a Vegeta con mi espada ;)

dragon_ball_super-black_goku-vegeta-Noticia-798007.jpg

I'm Fine with Blue, it could've been Super Sayajin Fase Dios Super Sayajin

ElFly

Rosé works in spanish cause there's a wine type called like that, so people will think that instead of whatever dirty jokes they have in your crazy land

AdanVC

I'm continuing this piece of Bulma and Goku hope you guys don't mind I'm sharing the process here. I finished the tight pencils so now it's ready for inks! The most stressful part hope I don't ruin it!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm continuing this piece of Bulma and Goku hope you guys don't mind I'm sharing the process here. I finished the tight pencils so now it's ready for inks! The most stressful part hope I don't ruin it!

This is great. If you're worried about ruining it, I recommend scanning it into a computer and printing a copy on paper you're going to use. Toriyama actually uses this method... lol.

If you have access to a scanner you should scan the pencil drawing in so if you screw up you can print it, trace it and try again

Looks good man

Edit: beaten like tenshinhan

Because he is dumb.

The show keeps telling us he's a smart fighter, but that's contrary to a lot of things we've seen this arc. Despite being a "genius," Gohan does things that dumb, strongman characters do. Gohan's entire talent at fighting hinges on him being magnitudes more powerful than anyone who attacks him. That's it. No crafty techniques, no clever strategies. Just raw power. When faced with advanced techniques he either crumbles or tanks the hits. He's basically Nappa.

AdanVC

This is great. If you're worried about ruining it, I recommend scanning it into a computer and printing a copy on paper you're going to use. Toriyama actually uses this method... lol.

If you have access to a scanner you should scan the pencil drawing in so if you screw up you can print it, trace it and try again

Looks good man

Edit: beaten like tenshinhan

Thank you guys and thanks for the tip! Will test this out using the printer from work tomorrow. That would bring peace of mind while inking knowing that it doesn't matter if I ruin the piece I can always just print another copy!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thank you guys and thanks for the tip! Will test this out using the printer from work tomorrow. That would bring peace of mind while inking knowing that it doesn't matter if I ruin the piece I can always just print another copy!

Yep, it takes some of the stress away at least.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The show keeps telling us he's a smart fighter, but that's contrary to a lot of things we've seen this arc. Despite being a "genius," Gohan does things that dumb, strongman characters do. Gohan's entire talent at fighting hinges on him being magnitudes more powerful than anyone who attacks him. That's it. No crafty techniques, no clever strategies. Just raw power. When faced with advanced techniques he either crumbles or tanks the hits. He's basically Nappa.
Why is that bad? Gohan doesn't like to fight and is not like other saiyans constantly seeking to become strong. He however is the son of Goku with Immense potential and power in him just waiting to be unleashed with the right trigger or training. Fighting is not his passion. I love Gohan overpowering his enemies and hopefully he evolves a bit in the ToP. Jimeze fight was sad to watch though and I'll pretend it never happened.

Why is that bad? Gohan doesn't like to fight and is not like other saiyans constantly seeking to become strong. He however is the son of Goku with Immense potential and power in him just waiting to be unleashed with the right trigger or training. Fighting is not his passion. I love Gohan overpowering his enemies and hopefully he evolves a bit in the ToP. Jimeze fight was sad to watch though and I'll pretend it never happened.

It's not great when a show tries to insist that something is true, but the actual things that happen in the show demonstrate the exact opposite. Here's another example: Characters like Beerus say that Tien is cool and did a great job taking out the sniper, but the events of the episode clearly show that Tien is actually a complete chump who did a terrible job.

It's fine if Gohan is basically just a sentient brick wall, but they should really stop indicating that he's a smart fighter. That could actually be a fun bit of contrast - the book smart guy fights like a brute. Right now it's just weird.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's not great when a show tries to insist that something is true, but the actual things that happen in the show demonstrate the exact opposite. Here's another example: Characters like Beerus say that Tien is cool and did a great job taking out the sniper, but the events of the episode clearly show that Tien is actually a complete chump who did a terrible job.

It's fine if Gohan is basically just a sentient brick wall, but they should really stop indicating that he's a smart fighter. That could actually be a fun bit of contrast - the book smart guy fights like a brute. Right now it's just weird.

The issue is there's not a whole lot of technique in the show in the first place. Only Roshi and Goku have abilities that aren't just beams or balls of energy. They've been trying to put more in, but the main cast needs to get some of that love too--and not just Goku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom