• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

caliph95

vr8fHbi.gif

It's the look of horror on Hit's face that really sells this.

like what he loved got crushed

"My- MY WAIFU!"
Jiren did literally crush his Assassin prode

Playsage

One thing I always forgot to ask...
Why are Gohan's eye drawn different in Super? They look like the ones drawn on humans instead of Goku's

Daingurse

I don't like how people are talking about Jiren being particularly arrogant when he is pretty dang modest when it comes to the current DB STRONG character. He's more confident, less arrogant.

Goku is easily more "arrogant" than him.

Yeah, he's honestly not that arrogant. He's simply confident in his own ability, which is totally warranted. No one has been shown to be on his level yet. I enjoy that Jiren has essentially been telling everyone to, "Get that weak shit outtta here".

caliph95

I don't like how people are talking about Jiren being particularly arrogant when he is pretty dang modest when it comes to the current DB STRONG character. He's more confident, less arrogant.

Goku is easily more "arrogant" than him.
Well he also has a fighting style of crushing an opponents strongest attacks to crush their spirit but otherwise to be fair

But yeah

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
One thing I always forgot to ask...
Why are Gohan's eye drawn different in Super? They look like the ones drawn on humans instead of Goku's

It was a change made in Z after he got the Ultimate powerup. Typically it's mean to portray a character who is more serious.

Well he also has a fighting style of crushing an opponents strongest attacks to crush their spirit but otherwise to be fair

But yeah

How is that arrogant though, he knows he can so he does.

So many other DB characters would do the same thing in his position, except they'd be talking their mouths off as they're doing it.

Yeah, he's honestly not that arrogant. He's simply confident in his own ability, which is totally warranted. No one has been shown to be on his level yet. I enjoy that Jiren has essentially been telling everyone to, "Get that weak shit outtta here".

I can see people having stronger arguments for him being arrogant when/if Goku catches up to him by the end of the ToP (or maybe even some team effort), but he still would be incredibly modest compared to so many of these other characters. Especially considering just how much stronger than everyone he currently is.

Playsage

It was a change made in Z after he got the Ultimate powerup. Typically it's mean to portray a character who is more serious.
Yeah I forgot he had them in the epilogue of Z (GT had that design as well)
I preferred the "Son" look (and in FnF they are back?) but okay...
Thanks for answering

caliph95

How is that arrogant though, he knows he can so he does.

So many other DB characters would do the same thing in his position, except they'd be talking their mouths off as they're doing it.

I can see people having stronger arguments for him being arrogant when/if Goku catches up to him by the end of the ToP (or maybe even some team effort), but he still would be incredibly modest compared to so many of these other characters. Especially considering just how much stronger than everyone he currently is.
Not saying he is but I can see how that can come off as arrogant

Though Jiren seems to take his opponents seriously so yeah he's more confident than anything

brinstar

Thanks for answering

Originally it seemed like as long as Gohan had his potential unlocked he would have that face, which RoF supported, but the latest Super arc has kind of thrown a wrench into that lol

I miss his original face too

Daingurse

Yep. Right now calling Jiren arrogant, would be like calling LeBron arrogant because he knows he can beat some high-school kid 1v1. Hell, Lebron up against a middle-schooler might be more apt for Jiren!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thanks for answering

I guess Toriyama changed them in Resurrection F to show that he had softened up despite having the outlined eyes in Battle of the Gods... or maybe he just forgot.

caliph95

Yep. Right now calling Jiren arrogant, would be like calling LeBron arrogant because he knows he can beat some high-school kid 1v1. Hell, Lebron up against a middle-schooler might be more apt for Jiren!
He's a professional basketball player in a tournament where most haven't even graduated highschool

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The Z fighters are so lucky Zamasu wasn't watching the Jiren otherwise we would get Jiren Black
It's would've been Jiren with actual god ki so just a powerful god of destruction like fighter. Considering Goku Black was such a pain in the ass, I shudder to think what Jiren Black would've been capable of.

The end result would've been the same - Zeno alt-cntrl-del.

Top Bottom