• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Vic_Viper

Are there supposed to be other players in the hub area lol? Seems like theyre should be but I havent seen anyone yet.

Vic_Viper

Never thought I'd play another DBZ game but man am I glad I decided to pick this up. This is by far the best Dragon Ball game I've ever played that actually feels spot on. It's not clumsy or out of control like most of the games and actually looks like the fights on the show.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Never thought I'd play another DBZ game but man am I glad I decided to pick this up. This is by far the best Dragon Ball game I've ever played that actually feels spot on. It's not clumsy or out of control like most of the games and actually looks like the fights on the show.
It really does, I never played the first one after hearing it was 30 fps on consoles. But I'm really glad they did the beta, ordered the game as soon as it was over.

Vic_Viper

Are there any codes to unlock all fighters in the offline modes?

Only thing I wish this had was a way to just do the vs. mode from the start menu. Just a simple selection not in the hub.

Durden77

I have a feeling I just paid $60 for a new hub world....

X2 is VERY iterative in X1. Honestly, at it's core it's very much the same game to a point. But with all the subtle and not-so-subtle changes, it's pretty much just the game that everyone wanted X1 to be.

Which I am 110% cool with. I had so much fun with X1, so X2 is a dream so far. I can see how some people will see it as too similar though.

For people that loved 1 with it's problems it's great. For people that skipped 1 it's great. For people that were meh on 1 it might not do much for.

Big0Bear

Does ssj work the same way it did in the beta? And by that I mean do you have to equip ssj 1 2 or 3. Or is it just ssj is equip and ssj1-3 is based on ki?

So, is there a real opening when starting the game? Or is it really just the time patrol clip, which we have seen in the beta?

And what about the song "we gotta power“?
I think i remember it mentioned to be in the game. Is it true now?

Revven

I have a feeling I just paid $60 for a new hub world....

There's a lot of new PQs but they don't start showing up until much later. The devs said they wanted to carry over a lot of the first game's PQs but remixed. Most of the early PQs aren't very different from XV1, though, annoyingly. They didn't even fix obviously weird shit like Kid Gohan's jaw literally gaping for a whole 5-8 seconds when he enters into one of the early PQs lmao.

They wanted there to be double the PQs in the sense of having a lot of the old ones and a bunch of the new ones. I believe they said they doubled the PQs because of this, whereas if they hadn't brought over most of the old ones it would have just been 50 PQs or so again.

And in a way, even if they aren't different, some PQs are naturally going to be different just because of them showing the enemies' stamina and Ki bars; meaning they can no longer have super armor out the ass, infinite stamina, or infinite Ki. Not to mention, no more bullshit Super Saiyan AI spam (looking at you, Super Saiyan Bargain Sale).

Anyway, that said, been playing this since I said so earlier and maaaan the new mentor system is so great! What a small change like that does makes it so much more fun. In addition, having the mentor system this way helps to level you up quickly whereas in XV1 all you had to level up was grinding away at the same several PQs until you were leveled up enough to complete the next story mission. It feels so great.

And the additional sidequests that aren't related to mentors are great, too. I'm a Namekian so I need to defend Guru's House from Frieza's attacks. Granted, they're mostly collect the Dragon Ball PQs but slightly harder (because the AI is actually attacking you) it's still a nice change up from, like I said, just doing PQs.

Milk Delivery is also pretty funny but I am really not sure when you're supposed to press X to skip faster; every time I've pressed it I've dropped the milk... :/

I'll probably share what my Namek looks like when I get a new outfit that I like lol.

Does ssj work the same way it did in the beta? And by that I mean do you have to equip ssj 1 2 or 3. Or is it just ssj is equip and ssj1-3 is based on ki?

SSJ equip and you transform based on how many bars of Ki you have.

So, is there a real opening when starting the game? Or is it really just the time patrol clip, which we have seen in the beta?

there's a proper opening

It's Bardock's final moments against Frieza inside one of the time scrolls, but his future sight lets him see all the way to SSB Goku vs Golden Frieza; then the camera pans out from the scroll and you see the main villains standing around it in a white void

So far the gameplay is tighter and dat 60 FPS makes the game so much better.

Still a bit disappointed in the roster and the moves still to look as cinematic as the PS2 games and Naruto.

Is there a new main villian? Or are they just rehashing Towa & Mira. Demigara was a great final boss in X1

there's a proper opening

It's Bardock's final moments against Frieza inside one of the time scrolls, but his future sight lets him see all the way to SSB Goku vs Golden Frieza; then the camera pans out from the scroll and you see the main villains standing around it in a white void

Ah okay. But too bad there is no animated / hand drawn opening, like in the budokai games. I love them.

Revven

Ah okay. But too bad there is no animated / hand drawn opening, like in the budokai games. I love them.

I think it's because they do more hand drawn/animated cutscenes where the Budokai games didn't have that so they'd go all out with an opening/intro instead.

The one animated opening we got in XV1 was also kinda bad lol.

Personally, those old intros/openings can never be topped. Hold too much nostalgia in our hearts so even if they did do another similar to those (or like XV1) people would still say, "nahh, Budokai 2/Budokai 3 still got a better intro/opening" lol.

Owari

Ugh. Do Xenoverse 1 buyers get a discount? That game was so bad it's hard for me to justify spending $50 on this.

But this one looks so much better.

Ugh should I just buy it and cry?

wowzors

Seems extremely short sighted not to be able to change parallel quests when you are in your created room, also the Parallel quest ranking only counting for the host is kind of obnoxious.

Nordicus

I think it's because they do more hand drawn/animated cutscenes where the Budokai games didn't have that so they'd go all out with an opening/intro instead.

The one animated opening we got in XV1 was also kinda bad lol.

Personally, those old intros/openings can never be topped. Hold too much nostalgia in our hearts so even if they did do another similar to those (or like XV1) people would still say, "nahh, Budokai 2/Budokai 3 still got a better intro/opening" lol.
Don't remind me. The xenoverse 1 opening was one of the worst. So anti hype, with bad editing and too many static, non fluid animations. Damn.
Ultimate Tenkaichi had a good animated opening (though even then kinda iffy in some particular shots), but if that one didn't exist, I'd argue that Toei is incapable of making a good 90ish second animated intro, whatever the budget. Xenoverse games are Dimps games, almost guaranteed sellers.

I'd just be happy if they scrapped the hand drawn stuff and just polished Dimps' own CG because it looks amazing and Tenkaichi 1 opening can easily be topped

I realize the game just came out today, but what's the historical trends for price drops with DBZ games? I've been watching streams of XV2 but I can't justify the $48 right now with twins on the way.

X2 is VERY iterative in X1. Honestly, at it's core it's very much the same game to a point. But with all the subtle and not-so-subtle changes, it's pretty much just the game that everyone wanted X1 to be.

Which I am 110% cool with. I had so much fun with X1, so X2 is a dream so far. I can see how some people will see it as too similar though.
honestly i fell off of X1 so this is encouraging for me

but i can see why people who put a lot of time into the first game would be disappointed

Teknoman

I wish. Theres some remix music dlc, but no one knows what it is?

EDIT:

Steve Aoki Pack and that is the DJ that was said to do some classic remixes for the game. Because it really does need better (and louder) battle music / town music.

"The DJ’s work on Xenoverse 2 includes remixes of Dragon Ball classics like “Cha-La Head-Cha-La” and “We Got Power.” Players can also expect to find Aoki as a non-playable-character within the actual game.

Be sure to download the free Steve Aoki pack to take advantage of these features."

Nordicus

honestly i fell off of X1 so this is encouraging for me

but i can see why people who put a lot of time into the first game would be disappointed
While I have over 100 gameplay hours on Xenoverse, I never bought the DLC content. So I'm kinda okay with a much more polished but iterative experience that costs like 2x the season pass.

I finally got my main Time Patroller all set!
CvqDe5FXEAEbtOm.jpg
CvqP6dbWAAEgNze.jpg
Go get 'em, Saiyan Tayto!

As a bonus, I got my secondary character ready to go.
Majin Cholabon!
The face I'm using is the left.
Lore-wise, the right image represented her original, ultra-violent self as a bio-weapon on an uncontrollable rampage, until she exhausted all her power during her fight against Tayto.
When she woke up, her personality was reduced to that of a 6-year old she see Tayto as a "bestie"/sister, much to her annoyance.

I finally got my main Time Patroller all set!

Go get 'em, Saiyan Tayto!

As a bonus, I got my secondary character ready to go.
Majin Cholabon!

The face I'm using is the left.
Lore-wise, the right image represented her original, ultra-violent self as a bio-weapon on an uncontrollable rampage, until she exhausted all her power during her fight against Tayto.
When she woke up, personality was reduced to that of a 6-year old she see Tayto as a bestie, much to her annoyance.

This lore is legit af.

Nice stuff!

Just when I thought they wouldn't be able to top the Ginyu scenario in XV1... lol. Seems like Dimps always has a bit of fun with that saga.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I made an awesome wind themed Frieza guy.

But as cool as he is, I decided to go with my Saiyan, because I like the glass cannon style of play more.

And here's my Saiyan hero from XV1 showing up in XV2... Vanilla!

Did anyone get their extra content code from amazon? They gave me a code for a free manga but no Black or future Trunks.
Deluxe edition btw.

Durden77

Oh cool. Got to the Conton city multi lobby, was wondering what the deal was on that. Seems to be working great really which is awesome. It's pretty funny seeing people ride around on their vehicles. Their latency is much better now too.

Can you adjust the health of non-CAC fighters in CPU VS matches?

I like to spar, and I like it when it lasts. XV1 CPU matches last for seconds if you go all out.

Revven

Did anyone get their extra content code from amazon? They gave me a code for a free manga but no Black or future Trunks.
Deluxe edition btw.

Your codes should be within the actual Deluxe Edition box. My day 1 edition copy from Amazon was this way.

Seems extremely short sighted not to be able to change parallel quests when you are in your created room, also the Parallel quest ranking only counting for the host is kind of obnoxious.

This is because in the first game it was a pain in the ass if you wanted to grind the same PQ over and over again to get a Skill and/or Clothes. Being kicked back to the HUB every time really sucked.

If you want to be able to play different PQs with a group of people, use the Kame House. It allows you to have a team (once you've registered one) and you can do a PQ, back out, still be together and then set up another PQ right after. At least, I think that's how it works. I haven't done it but the option is there.

Can you adjust the health of non-CAC fighters in CPU VS matches?

I like to spar, and I like it when it lasts. XV1 CPU matches last for seconds if you go all out.

No, you cannot. However, there is a Training Mode where you could just fight the CPU to your heart's content on whatever difficulty you want. Set its health recovery off and all that. Not really a true solution but that's the closest you'll get.

Top Bottom