• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Teknoman

Oh cool. Got to the Conton city multi lobby, was wondering what the deal was on that. Seems to be working great really which is awesome. It's pretty funny seeing people ride around on their vehicles. Their latency is much better now too.

You eventually connect automatically via story mode right?

No, you cannot. However, there is a Training Mode where you could just fight the CPU to your heart's content on whatever difficulty you want. Set its health recovery off and all that. Not really a true solution but that's the closest you'll get.
Works for me. Thanks!

Kalentan

So is getting skills still completely RNG? Cause I found the mission where you get Kaioken (PQ #8), and it still seems like I just got to play it over and over till it drops.

chaosaeon

So say you preordered this on amazon weeks ago and you have prime ... when should you be getting it ?
Edit : Also, you can have more than one character in this right ? Otherwise you'd never get to try the races you didn't pick unless you restarted.

Trace

Banned
So is getting skills still completely RNG? Cause I found the mission where you get Kaioken (PQ #8), and it still seems like I just got to play it over and over till it drops.

I'd love to know if this is true. I've been putting off getting Xenoverse 2 primarily because I hated the RNG skills in the original.

Chille

It still seems random, but the chance for the move seems really high, haven't really had to farm for anything more then two or three times.

LaNaranja

I played a human in Xenoverse 1 and decided to go for a Namekian this time. Did they have hellzone grenades as the default Namekian energy blast in the first game too? I thought that was pretty cool. So are the stretchy arms.

XAjzB9J.jpg

Tidalwave

I'd love to know if this is true. I've been putting off getting Xenoverse 2 primarily because I hated the RNG skills in the original.
The chance to get stuff is much higher but you also have to complete the extra stuff for a chance to get some things. Ex: Goku probably has to go kaioken in that pq for a chance to get kaioken.

Memory

So say you preordered this on amazon weeks ago and you have prime ... when should you be getting it ?
Edit : Also, you can have more than one character in this right ? Otherwise you'd never get to try the races you didn't pick unless you restarted.

Yeah, there are about 10 character slots. Each is its own game though so progress is separate for each one, kinda like mmo alts.

I made one of each and played a few matches each before I decided that I preferred Freiza and Saiyan races the best, so I'm leveling both side by side.

Greenymac

You should have gotten it yesterday on release day. Amazon screwed mine as well and it wont arrive until today. Pretty pissed about it. Makes no sense that I preordered and they didnt live up to their end of the deal...

Chille

How many hours?

Not sure, but by the time I beat main story+random stuff for on the hub world I was level 60 before I even tried to grind any PQ.

I want to say around 20hrs? Maybe less if you did it more efficiently.

Edit once I have had a rest, got an annoying cold right now, will try and get my review done for this game today and maybe a guide for the
secret ending

Slaythe

Dragon Balls here we go.

Time to summon for Trunks !

I made an awesome wind themed Frieza guy.

But as cool as he is, I decided to go with my Saiyan, because I like the glass cannon style of play more.

And here's my Saiyan hero from XV1 showing up in XV2... Vanilla!

Duuuuude , should have went for that sick Frieza. Looked awesome.

Generic MacSaiyan pales in comparison :p .

MiTYH

Oh man, really having a blast with this game. Only got about 15 or so levels last night, didn't touch much of the story, just hoverboarded around, did random quests and whatnot.

Bit upset with the log vehicle for day-one buyers. It moves fast but in that mode steering is terrible.

Mained a human, going well for now. Probably will finish storymode until I get a good farming spot, then try other races. I also finished krillin's master stuff, poor guy is pathetic even when he praises you! Switched to Vegeta now, it's much better

MadYarpen

It's funnier if you mix it up, single and multi player, but absolutely. Much more than XV1.

Thanks. I don't have PS+ subscribtion as I don't have time for MP games. But I really want to try this one, if it plays well as SP then no worries.

Slaythe

Thanks. I don't have PS+ subscribtion as I don't have time for MP games. But I really want to try this one, if it plays well as SP then no worries.

Don't worry then, they added a lot of "fake players" , to simulate the multiplayer aspect in case you don't have internet. In fact, you can't "play" online but it will still connect you online and get players avatars so that your world is populated on top of the default ones.

So you won't miss out, it's just funnier to have players interactions than AI you know, but it's fine.

It has a lot of content story wise and gameplay wise ,for you to enjoy.

Did the first Xenoverse have a way to bypass the grey filter on consoles? The whole trend of anime gamees being muted (or darkened for special attacks, like the Naruto games) is such a bummer, especially since Xenoverse 2 looks infinitely better with full color saturation.

Wish I had equipped some better skills on my girl But before importing her. Not about to restart the game all over again for a slight leg up.

Anyway, going with a Saiyan woman this time around.

l9qpFIh.jpg

Sephzilla

I played as a Saiyan in the first game. I'm really debating on whether I should play as a Namekian or a Frieza this time around

The Steam unlock time is some serious bullshit. It has listed the release day as the 27th for a good while now, but it appears the unlock time is 11pm on the 27th?! Well my hopes of getting on it after midnight are out tonight, but I guess I won't be playing it much on the 27th at all. Really don't get how that qualifies as a release on the 27th.

ffvorax

Not played X1 so a question...

Can I choose the race I love the most or as a new player should I avoid some races?

I love the design of the Boo female... also the Freiza race.

So I will choose one of these two, or maybe a Sayan.

Not mostly on Namek or Earth. (so probably these are the best for newcomers...)

Slaythe

Can I choose the race I love the most or as a new player should I avoid some races?

Play what you love, there are hundreds of abilities to get in the game to make the gameplay you want out of your character.

Female majins are really good.

Sephzilla

The game will give you brief descriptions of the pros/cons of each race. For what it's worth, just pick who you love the most

The Steam unlock time is some serious bullshit. It has listed the release day as the 27th for a good while now, but it appears the unlock time is 11pm on the 27th?! Well my hopes of getting on it after midnight are out tonight, but I guess I won't be playing it much on the 27th at all. Really don't get how that qualifies as a release on the 27th.

the thing that annoys me is that there are already people that have gotten the game and are playing right now

https://steamdb.info/app/454650/graphs/

the game is finished and there's no excuse for us to have to wait until EU's release date. It's absurd.

I didn't see it in my inventory. I did participate in the open beta too.
Having a save from the beta, there should have been a message when first starting the full game thanking you for participation and lists the rewards. After creating your first character, it should be found in the "change equipment" menu called "Open Beta ___" for Upper Body, Lower Body, and Feet.

Not sure if you had to reach a certain point in the beta, because I missed the tournament thing but finshed the main missions.

Try backing up your current save, if you can, and make a new one to check.

Raxious

Anyone got tips for those challenges from Elder Kai? Krillin keeps recovering before I get in the 2nd Triangle + Circle attack :s

ffvorax

Play what you love, there are hundreds of abilities to get in the game to make the gameplay you want out of your character.

Female majins are really good.

The game will give you brief descriptions of the pros/cons of each race. For what it's worth, just pick who you love the most

Ok nice to hear that, so I can concentrate mostly on the visual aspect of my avatar! :)

Will get the game only next week (birthday gift), can't wait to play!

I played a human in Xenoverse 1 and decided to go for a Namekian this time. Did they have hellzone grenades as the default Namekian energy blast in the first game too? I thought that was pretty cool. So are the stretchy arms.

the stretching arms were in xeno 1 but a namekians combo strings were so slow and would whiff often, hopefully they fixed that.

I think it was humans that had some of the best stock melee combo strings in xeno 1, the animation speed plays an important part.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Female majin are really really bad if there is even a small hint of lag.

Edit: makes the grab combo wiff really badly and their attacks have really bad recovery on wiff

NandoGip

Serious question: Is this the best or one of the best anime games made? It's a pretty low bar to beat. I'm really curious because usually these games get away with being sorta crappy because of the material they're drawing from.

I'm starting to wonder if it's bugged or something, 'cause I've done that mission 10 or so times, and everything but Kaioken has dropped.

Sephzilla

Serious question: Is this the best or one of the best anime games made? It's a pretty low bar to beat. I'm really curious because usually these games get away with being sorta crappy because of the material they're drawing from.

Not sure about anime games as a whole but Xenoverse 1 might be my favorite DragonBall game ever. If anything else comes close, I'd put it second to Budokai 3 only because there's no beam struggles in gameplay.

Top Bottom