• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

If there was an Android race, than how would their transformations go? and as other have mentioned, their aesthetic would be pretty much the same as humans, who already look like Saiyans.I think a Demon, Kai or Alien race would be the better route tbh.

Nordicus

Damn, Final form Frieza is almost good, but his supers aren't quite there. Too much redundancy. Shame, his melee isn't terrible.

If there was an Android race, than how would their transformations go? and as other have mentioned, their aesthetic would be pretty much the same as humans, who already look like Saiyans.I think a Demon, Kai or Alien race would be the better route tbh.

I think the next game should let you design your transformed state for races like Frieza, Buu and Androids or whatever else. It's kind of shitty that they didn't already do that, and the Saiyan hair thing is even lazier. I just wish they'd spend some more time and money on these games. So many aspects are half-baked at best.

Sephzilla

A Roshi like transformation would be awesome for the Earthling race

Yes. All of the yes

tumblr_nk7b6eY3ER1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Manac0r

A thousand apologises....

This is a drive by post; I have two questions:

1) Is it worth playing Xenoverse One before this (in backlog) ?

2) What improvements does this bring or is it more narrative focused?

TIA

TIA

Nah man a drive-by is just a "who cares" kind of post, questions are good.

1) No, skip XV 1.

2) Gameplay is much better, it's less grindy overall, but it is more of the same, just better. The story is flimsy.

Is there a way to change the music in concon city ? ( main hub ) ?
The third and Fourth music are garbage in my eyes while the second was nearly perfect Do i need to finish the story first ?

Sephzilla

TIA

I don't think you need to play XV1 before this, but you could always just play it and zoom through the story mode at least. XV1's story is still decent.

Is there a way to change the music in concon city ? ( main hub ) ?
The third and Fourth music are garbage in my eyes while the second was nearly perfect Do i need to finish the story first ?

Yes, you need to finish the story and change it in the main menu. With the exception of 5 I think they're all various degrees of completely unbearable. The music in this game is all over the place.

TIA

play xv, just do the story however.
It's also nice to import your character for story reasons.

Yes, you need to finish the story and change it in the main menu. With the exception of 5 I think they're all various degrees of completely unbearable. The music in this game is all over the place.

Can you change the main hub music the music from Hercule House? Because if that song isn't the jauntiest shit ever then I don't know what is.

I actually wish
your character from the first game appeared more often in the story.

I thought it was smart to limit the original Time Patroller's appearances. Everytime she popped up, she just stole the scene. I just wished her limited appearances had cooler moments. Like rather than Goku, the original Patroller should have been the one to team up with you, since both of them had beef with Mira.

Piers

Its amazing how much better the game looks when you change the shading to match RB1.

Comparison with XV style

And with how seemingly easy it is for people to modify the shader, it's baffling why Dimps themselves didn't allow different options for it.
Because 'readability' at this point is a piss poor excuse.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Finally started unlocking GT characters. SS4 Gogeta is the best design to come out of that series. I'm surprised they kept the sword for GT Trunks, as he only ever used it in the opening.

LaNaranja

Anyone here actually complete all the expert missions? If so, HOW?!?!? I am stuck on Kid Buu and without another human to help me it feels impossible.

LaNaranja

I spammed gigantic meteor for all of them except Extreme Malice, where I spammed destructo disc.

I'll try that later. I have been spamming death ball/beam with evil metal cooler.

I found a group by waiting around long enough and just invited them to each subsequent mission. We would lose a member or two each new level but typically gain someone else. I made it up to the 14th mission where you fight the four great apes. We were about to beat the last one and it disconnected from the server. My heart can't handle this kinda bullshit. :(

Manac0r

Thanks to all the Gaffers who replied.

Will watch a synopsis of Xenoverse 1 and start playing 2 this weekend.

Thank you!

I'll try that later. I have been spamming death ball/beam with evil metal cooler.

I found a group by waiting around long enough and just invited them to each subsequent mission. We would lose a member or two each new level but typically gain someone else. I made it up to the 14th mission where you fight the four great apes. We were about to beat the last one and it disconnected from the server. My heart can't handle this kinda bullshit. :(

*I spammed Final Kamehameha for the great apes one

Anyone tried playing this on PS4 Pro? I swear it runs faster/smoother, but maybe I'm just misremembering how it felt on the OG PS4 already..

I have to check it out. But the game already runs at pretty stable 60fps, 99% of the time, on the original PS4. At least in fights.
I get more drops when running around the hub world while being online. Maybe server related?

Farewell

That 14th mission is pretty easy to do solo, just spam destructo discs to the chest, they are down pretty quickly.

Nordicus

You really shouldn't be able to kick your opponent out of ranked match room.

I think twice I've been kicked out in a short period because I had non-zero BP score. You should not be able to leave or kick someone out once you're matched with them unless you've fought them before in a short while, or they have a very bad connection.

With the current system scrubs will end up farming newbies for points and kick anyone who's actually decent.

NZerker12

How did you do this?

how is this done?

You have to edit the characters textures to do this.

It can be quite long the first time so I'll give an abridged version.

First follow this video to extract the games files:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmObLFsvdPQ

Then go to XenoverseMods or AnimeGameMods to download LibXenoverse (You may have to sign up to download). Go into the bin folder where you will find embpack.

Afterwards go into the chara folder in the extracted data folder and choose a character. Gogeta would be "GG1" .

Finally drag the "GG1_000_(body part here).dyt.emb" into embpack and edit the textures

When you are done don't repack instead follow this tutorial to install the Patcher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joFBABHeVB8

Place your custom files then you are done.

Finished the story last night.

I liked it. Especially the final missions. felt good.
Too bad there was only 1 fight in the old hub city .. it always felt odd how even in XV1 , there was only 1 fight in that area.

But damn trunks is taking shit in this story , incompetent , goofy , nearly useless.
Very funny how he isn't even a bit worried about "his partner" missing .. it's like in EVERY sub story he's useless ..especially in the final part very mira knock him out like nothing
How useless can you be., trunks ?
[rant off]

Anyway , Goku's awesome and i really enjoyed
fighting my XV1 character, too bad they didn't keep my old moves ,
but the music was epic so it's ok.

Overall there was more care into some story missions this time , but it felt like the game story was over much more quickly.

Overall , i like that the AI this time is less dumb , they actually dodge the beams!! they actually combo you! They still have some problems here and there but they made the fights much more intersting as a result.

PS: how many times do i have to save Guru house before it's over ? i'm getting sick on those missions already

Nordicus

PS: how many times do i have to save Guru house before it's over ? i'm getting sick on those missions already
Roughly gotta do each Guru mission twice. Don't know if each mission is counted separately, or just the total. But once you get the Time Egg from him, you don't have to do his missions anymore even though they'll always be offered

Farewell

Roughly gotta do each Guru mission twice. Don't know if each mission is counted separately, or just the total. But once you get the Time Egg from him, you don't have to do his missions anymore even though they'll always be offered

Yeah i also realized that after i did gurus missions like 30 times after he gave me the egg.

Zushin

So what's the consensus on this game? I haven't watched DBZ since I was a kid and didnt play the first game. I'd be playing solo. Definitely looks like a cool concept thats piqued my interest.

Vic_Viper

I want that Janemba Sword! Anyone want to get together tomorrow for the raid on PS4?

Ill ask again once the Raid is up and im on.

Anything in the Weekend Store worth buying this week?

So what's the consensus on this game? I haven't watched DBZ since I was a kid and didnt play the first game. I'd be playing solo. Definitely looks like a cool concept thats piqued my interest.
Really fun. I play solo too and I don't feel like I'm missing out. Be sure to read some guides because some stuff can be obtuse.

Remember, this is an RPG first and a fighting game second.

Farewell

I want that Janemba Sword! Anyone want to get together tomorrow for the raid on PS4?

Ill ask again once the Raid is up and im on.

Anything in the Weekend Store worth buying this week?

Where can i find the loot table for the raid?
Can't find any infos ingame besides that announcement board.

Top Bottom