• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

They nailed the gameplay in XV2. Hope the next game has a bigger hub world. I would love it to be huge, want to explore the entire DB Earth map like going to Red Ribbon tower, flying to Kami's Lookout and going to all those locals from OG Dragonball.

They need to also throw in a BT3 sized roster. Dabura, 19/20 etc should have been a shoe in for XV2. They also MUST fix the transformations for example why can't Cooler, Frieza & Cell use all their transformations? Why do they have to be seperate characters? This was something BT3 nailed. Would rather have Semi Percect Cell than Super Perfect, which just seems like a wasted slot as he can just be lumped with Perfect Cell.

transformations felt like they were shoehorned in to fill the quota rather than making sense. Nimbus being humans exclusive is dumb, but Golden form being an entire race's transformation is really stupid because Golden Frieza is a transformation unique to him. He purposely made it gold to send a message to Goku.

For the next game, you should have the ability to customize your transformation's appearance for both Saiyans and Frost Demons. For Saiyans, this means what your hair style is when SSJ, and for Frost Demons, you can just completely recustomize your character to look as different as you want. I don't see them doing all four forms, but it'd be better than "forced gold and purple palette swap"

Accurate transformations and another race, Bio-Mechanical Androids (Cell's Race), top my list.

Although knowing how DBXV2 turned out it will probably be "you get Goku's Saiyan hair" and Human Androids as playable. Maximum disappointment.

cyress8

Banned
Guys, what is the best way to finish Elder Kai's last mission. Every time I get right at the point to hit Krillen with the ultimate move he will not take any damage. Think I spent 20 minutes trying to do it. Always feel like I'm a fraction of a second off but I know I can do this because the startup of the combo was the same and I actually can reliably do the combo now, thanks to the time I've spent with it.

Guys, what is the best way to finish Elder Kai's last mission. Every time I get right at the point to hit Krillen with the ultimate move he will not take any damage. Think I spent 20 minutes trying to do it. Always feel like I'm a fraction of a second off but I know I can do this because the startup of the combo was the same and I actually can reliably do the combo now, thanks to the time I've spent with it.

The training missions? They're unreliable and very specific, so it's really a matter of luck before you can trigger it. There's like 3-4 on the list that have RNG in how the target reacts on top of needing very precise button inputs/timing. (For instance, I spent 10 minutes repeating a combo before it magically worked on my target. I didn't change anything, it just finally connected.)

It's actually kind of good for getting the buttons down, but hella frustrating.

NinjaEdit: Though I should add, for the last one I haven't completed it yet. I'm assuming it's the same issue as above.

They could do a "Demon" race a la Dabura, Janemba, or Towa. Pretty sure they're all classified as demons.
What about adding just an "Alien" race? The creations would be amazing.
I think there's enough examples to pull off different looks, but they'd run into problems establishing their powers and transformations, on top of the whole "you're a genuine member of this race" thing they've always tried to sell in DBXV.

Vic_Viper

What about adding just an "Alien" race? The creations would be amazing. Their transformations can be like Bojack, Garlic Jr, Zarbon etc

They should add a Kai race. I would have made a Tapion first if there was a way.

For how much they focused on the movie characters this time around, Tapion and the giant monster is a huge miss imo.

Trying to get the Whis Battle Suit atm but PQ 100 takes forever lol. Really cool fight the first time around but its getting old.

Does anyone have any recipes for some of the better QQ Bangs yet?

transformations felt like they were shoehorned in to fill the quota rather than making sense. Nimbus being humans exclusive is dumb, but Golden form being an entire race's transformation is really stupid because Golden Frieza is a transformation unique to him. He purposely made it gold to send a message to Goku.
The one thing I really miss is the ability to turn into an Oozaru, would be awesome as an alternative to the Super Saiyan route. Like either embrace your ferocious side and master the Oozaru form or become a Super Saiyan (and beyond). But sadly the Giant Ape doesn't get much love :/

The one thing I really miss is the ability to turn into an Oozaru, would be awesome as an alternative to the Super Saiyan route. Like either embrace your ferocious side and master the Oozaru form or become a Super Saiyan (and beyond). But sadly the Giant Ape doesn't get much love :/

How would that even control? That aside, fighting them in this game is zero fun.

More than any other races I think I'd rather they nail down good transformations for each race instead of some of the more lackluster ones we got like Nimbus and Kid Buu, as well as a system where you can pick your fighting style as an equipable so you can fight like Tien or w/e.

Cell Race would be cool though.

I could actually see them adding the Oozaru transformation as DLC. The mechanics are already there with the boss fights and there's precedent with the Giant Namekian form.

TreIII

Agreed.

I probably would have rolled with a Saiyan being my first character, if I had the choice of either going the Oozaru/Golden Oozaru route for a transformation or SSJ.

By next game, I want to be able to have a big throwdown between my Oozaru and Broly's Big Green Munky Oozaru form.

Laiza

Accurate transformations and another race, Bio-Mechanical Androids (Cell's Race), top my list.

Although knowing how DBXV2 turned out it will probably be "you get Goku's Saiyan hair" and Human Androids as playable. Maximum disappointment.
I don't see why you would make that conclusion considering all the things they addressed in XV2.

They could do a "Demon" race a la Dabura, Janemba, or Towa. Pretty sure they're all classified as demons.
They should add a Kai race. I would have made a Tapion first if there was a way.
They're the same race. "Demons" are just the evil half of the Kai race.

There's precedent for adding them given that they're now a thing in Heroes. Wouldn't be shocked if they showed up in XV3 (even moreso with Zamasu being a thing).

More than any other races I think I'd rather they nail down good transformations for each race instead of some of the more lackluster ones we got like Nimbus and Kid Buu, as well as a system where you can pick your fighting style as an equipable so you can fight like Tien or w/e.

Cell Race would be cool though.
Bio androids and androids are also a thing in Heroes, so yeah, I can see them showing up in XV3.

That being said, if you really want to see the current races fleshed out... I'd suggest giving feedback saying so, because adding new races means resources that are not being put into the current races.

Having a system where you can pick up your instructor's basic moveset would be brilliant, and I'm honestly surprised this isn't a thing in XV2. Maybe in XV3...

Just having our basic moves tied to race and sex is too limiting. For those of us who only like to play our OCs and nothing else, it'd be a great option to have.

Laiza

They were having a survey on https://www.dragonball-videogames.com/ during the beta. I imagine they'll probably do another one at some point.

Outside of that, Slaythe posted this:
By the way, twit at the bandai EU twitter, and tell him how to improve the game.

The person handling it is very listening and does his best to get information where it needs to be.

Eu branch has direct ties with the japan branch, unlike Na branch.
Might be a decent avenue to go in.

Potential transformations for humans could include:

Four Witches Technique (person sprouts two extra arms from their back increasing their power level and letting them attack faster)

Max Power Form (greatly increases raw power, muscle mass, and height)

Kai Kai would also be an interesting skill, especially if it can target downed allies. Can it?

Both Tank and Medic would need some offense, of course, but I just wonder if there's room for that kind of specialization in Xenoverse 2? Or if there are other ideas for a support build?

Kai Kai (in xv) would just teleport you to the closest teammate, so you'd kinda have to space yourself correctly.
The best option is just to target your teammate and then just use instant transmission.

I dislike giant namekian and going to stick with using kaioken, even though kaioken's damage boost is very minimal its better then losing all my stamina for 10 seconds of whiffing attacks as a slow, large easy to super namekian.

I dislike giant namekian and going to stick with using kaioken, even though kaioken's damage boost is very minimal its better then losing all my stamina for 10 seconds of whiffing attacks as a slow, large easy to super namekian.
You can get Potential Unleashed if you pass all of the Advancement tests with a Z rank. Much better than kaioken.

Nordicus

I dislike giant namekian and going to stick with using kaioken, even though kaioken's damage boost is very minimal its better then losing all my stamina for 10 seconds of whiffing attacks as a slow, large easy to super namekian
Kaioken x3 hits the sweet spot for high risk, high reward transformations for me. 50% discount on stamina is just enough with the drain that I feel free to spam vanishes for offense.

Also combined it with Power-Biased Transformation, because with 100 stamina z-vanishes, I'm not doing much blocking tbh.
You can get Potential Unleashed if you pass all of the Advancement tests with a Z rank. Much better than kaioken.
Yeah, it's the optimal safe transformation, though you need 500 Ki for it. For my character that's an issue

I could actually see them adding the Oozaru transformation as DLC. The mechanics are already there with the boss fights and there's precedent with the Giant Namekian form.

It would be cool but it's not how transformations work with the XV engine. The transformations are pretty shallow for example Zarbon can't transform, Cell, Frieza & Cooler can't start from their 1st form and transform into their later forms because they are totally different models. In a perfect world the transformations would be like BT3.

Nordicus

It would be cool but it's not how transformations work with the XV engine. The transformations are pretty shallow for example Zarbon can't transform, Cell, Frieza & Cooler can't start from their 1st form and transform into their later forms because they are totally different models. In a perfect world the transformations would be like BT3.
But Majin transformation exists.

Different model
Different moveset
Different skills
New controls even (example: hold down Light Attack to charge a Death Crasher type move)

There's kinda no excuse now

iHaunter

A little unrelated maybe but, I do have some good news.

Funimation got the license to do SUPER, so they'll be dubbing it!

LordKasual

Banned

For the next game, you should have the ability to customize your transformation's appearance for both Saiyans and Frost Demons. For Saiyans, this means what your hair style is when SSJ, and for Frost Demons, you can just completely recustomize your character to look as different as you want. I don't see them doing all four forms, but it'd be better than "forced gold and purple palette swap"

Humans have Kaioken, Nimbus, and Unleash Potential as transformation options.

For Saiyans...they need to just make the hair transform depending on your hair style and type, the way it does in the manga.

I personally think an "android" class would have made much more sense than a Majin race. Give them rapidly regenerating Stamina/Ki at the expense of lower stats or something.

The Extreme Malice! elite quest is a nightmare. Maybe if I could actually play with people, but no one wants to join because it won't mark it as complete for them so I'm just stuck with AI. I've done all the ones up to this point without too much issue, but this one the enemy AI is just dodges 24/7, then AoE and almost tpk, then back to dodging. And why can't you use capsules?

The Extreme Malice! elite quest is a nightmare. Maybe if I could actually play with people, but no one wants to join because it won't mark it as complete for them so I'm just stuck with AI. I've done all the ones up to this point without too much issue, but this one the enemy AI is just dodges 24/7, then AoE and almost tpk, then back to dodging. And why can't you use capsules?

Spamming destructo disc at mid to far range, is an relatively easy way to beat the mission.

Just regular destructo disc?

Yup, exactly. Works super good.
That's how i did this mission too.
Was recommended in some guides.

Also equip maximum charge, so you can charge your ki faster.
There are also some evasive skills where you can use ki to guard. Works good against the strange blue razors the enemies are throwing against you. You can block it without getting damage.

Vanishing Guard is a good evasion skill to avoid that wind attack. Super Guard also works (you can hold it indefinitely while draining ki), but it takes up a regular super slot

That worked shockingly well.

Got another question. When starting a new character do I keep my parallel quests or is it a total start from scratch progress wise? Cause if so that's dumb as fuck.

Memory

That worked shockingly well.

Got another question. When starting a new character do I keep my parallel quests or is it a total start from scratch progress wise? Cause if so that's dumb as fuck.

It resets, they are however already working on it according to their twitter.

Farewell

Is it possible to craft a QQ Bang with maxed stats?

Wonder the same thing, when i mix 1x uub gear + 1x baby s2 gear i always get the same QQ Bang, so there are really recipes?

What if i keep mixing them is there a chance for a near perfect QQ Bang or should i try other recipes?

Wonder the same thing, when i mix 1x uub gear + 1x baby s2 gear i always get the same QQ Bang, so there are really recipes?

What if i keep mixing them is there a chance for a near perfect QQ Bang or should i try other recipes?

There's a doc with recipes. Generally is seems the go to is clothes with the stats you want + Senzu beansprout, it's high chance but not 100% it seems. I also found out if you close the game while it's still in the result menu then it won't save and you can try again (I do it in offline to be safe).

But Majin transformation exists.

Different model
Different moveset
Different skills
New controls even (example: hold down Light Attack to charge a Death Crasher type move)

There's kinda no excuse now

Wow, total overlook. Yeah no excuse at all. We need stackable moves with these forms like how BT3 did it.

Sephzilla

I personally think an "android" class would have made much more sense than a Majin race. Give them rapidly regenerating Stamina/Ki at the expense of lower stats or something.

I'd say androids start of with higher base Ki and Stamina, but are unable to powerup to recharge ki and have to do it either through fighting or through an energy absorption technique.

Laiza

But why?

If anything, androids would have made more sense than the Earthling race, given that there's so much overlap between the two (hell, Earthlings even have passive ki regen, something that makes a lot more sense for the androids).

Majins at least have a unique aesthetic and an actual lore backing for why they're able to keep up with god-level enemies. Earthlings have... ???

Personally, I'm still much more interested in seeing them expand the existing character creation (with body sliders, a muscle slider, ki blast/aura color customization, and so on) than I am in seeing new race additions. If they can do both that'd be great, but I'm not betting on it.

Vic_Viper

Cannot believe Xenoverse 2 is going to be $27 on Black Friday lol. I mean I get why they would do that but come on Banco!

Have they announced yet what the first DLC pack will be and when its coming out?

There's a doc with recipes. Generally is seems the go to is clothes with the stats you want + Senzu beansprout, it's high chance but not 100% it seems. I also found out if you close the game while it's still in the result menu then it won't save and you can try again (I do it in offline to be safe).

Awesome thanks.

Farewell

Thanks a lot, this really helps me!

I've tried to mix z suit + dr. gero clothing + senzu and this is my best result:

Health -5
KI +5
Stamina +5
Basic +4
Strike -2
Blast -1

Not too bad, i will try some other recips from that doc.

Majins at least have a unique aesthetic and an actual lore backing for why they're able to keep up with god-level enemies. Earthlings have... ???

Training

it all started with some milk delivery training then they learned how to output ki into their hands

Top Bottom