• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

McNum

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/cold
http://www.synonym.com/synonyms/cold/

About the Ultimate...Super Vanishing Ball (PQ38) and Supernova (Training with Frieza) are pretty great, so is Perfect Kamehameha (Training with Cell)

EDIT: How the fuck do I use Big Bang Kamehameha? It just vanishes when I charge it too long, but when I release the button earlier nothing happens either. Or is that smallish area in front of me really all the area this move covers?
Yeah, I've been looking over cold puns, currently thinking of "Eyse" but that's a little groanworthy even for me. Then again, so is "Freiza". Bad puns come with the territory.

I think I may be in the exact sweet spot for levels, just took out the Freiza Saga at level 19. That marathon fight was tough... until I stopped trying to dodge that big purple attack and just blocked it. Is that the Supernova you mentioned, or is that the big orange one? I want to be level 25 before going after the next saga, though. I've been watching the TFS plays, so I know Cell is next. TFS plays is why I bought this game, really.

So, is there any way to influence the drops in PQs? I'd like to give the three Kaiokens a spin, see if they're any good, and the "S-Stooop!" Z-soul sounds sort of silly fun. But beating up Goku and hoping he turns red gets a bit old.

Tried out Solar Flare. Difficult to use, maybe too difficult. I kind of want a Destructo Disk, but until I max out Piccolo, I'm not going with the Krillmaster. Honestly, Android 18's Dual Destructo Disk sounds like fun as well. But for now, I'm aiming for a Special Beam Cannon and a Light Grenade. I just have to take him along on PQs and use his skills to level his friendship up, right?

KHlover

Banned
Yeah, I've been looking over cold puns, currently thinking of "Eyse" but that's a little groanworthy even for me. Then again, so is "Freiza". Bad puns come with the territory.

I think I may be in the exact sweet spot for levels, just took out the Freiza Saga at level 19. That marathon fight was tough... until I stopped trying to dodge that big purple attack and just blocked it. Is that the Supernova you mentioned, or is that the big orange one? I want to be level 25 before going after the next saga, though. I've been watching the TFS plays, so I know Cell is next. TFS plays is why I bought this game, really.

So, is there any way to influence the drops in PQs? I'd like to give the three Kaiokens a spin, see if they're any good, and the "S-Stooop!" Z-soul sounds sort of silly fun. But beating up Goku and hoping he turns red gets a bit old.

Tried out Solar Flare. Difficult to use, maybe too difficult. I kind of want a Destructo Disk, but until I max out Piccolo, I'm not going with the Krillmaster. Honestly, Android 18's Dual Destructo Disk sounds like fun as well. But for now, I'm aiming for a Special Beam Cannon and a Light Grenade. I just have to take him along on PQs and use his skills to level his friendship up, right?

Supernova is the big orange one. And yeah, just need to take Piccolo to quests and use his skills. If you do both and finish the quests with a good rank it shouldn't take longer than an hour or so to max his friendship and unlock Special Beam Cannon.

McNum

Supernova is the big orange one. And yeah, just need to take Piccolo to quests and use his skills. If you do both and finish the quests with a good rank it shouldn't take longer than an hour or so to max his friendship and unlock Special Beam Cannon.
Yeah, he just taught me Light Grenade, so it'll be done soon. Probably not keeping that one. It's fast, though. So, if I take Piccolo along on Saiyan Pride every time, what happens first. Will I master his training... or will I get Kaioken X20? Since my build could be Stamina heavy, it's worth a shot to get it, I think.

EDIT: Of course, it happened on the same run. Special Beam Cannon and Kaioken X20 acquired. And... um. That's an evil, evil combination. It does HOW much damage? Hm, if I were to find a good way to set that up... what would I need? I'd need some way to keep my Stamina up, and some way to make an opening for the Special Beam Cannon. Maybe something that stuns the opponent. Hm. A Z-Soul that boosts Stamina regen would also be nice.

Honestly, if I'm going to Kaioken, I need to build around that, I think.

Yeah, he just taught me Light Grenade, so it'll be done soon. Probably not keeping that one. It's fast, though. So, if I take Piccolo along on Saiyan Pride every time, what happens first. Will I master his training... or will I get Kaioken X20? Since my build could be Stamina heavy, it's worth a shot to get it, I think.

EDIT: Of course, it happened on the same run. Special Beam Cannon and Kaioken X20 acquired. And... um. That's an evil, evil combination. It does HOW much damage? Hm, if I were to find a good way to set that up... what would I need? I'd need some way to keep my Stamina up, and some way to make an opening for the Special Beam Cannon. Maybe something that stuns the opponent. Hm. A Z-Soul that boosts Stamina regen would also be nice.

Honestly, if I'm going to Kaioken, I need to build around that, I think.

my character is built entirely around kaioken x20. you're definitely gonna wanna get the energy drain skill. if you land it on your opponent it recharges 3 bars of stamina, AND it can be combo'd into. it's a super beastly combo.

also most of the ultimates can be combo'd into, afaik. maybe special beam cannon is different, but yeah just go into a combo, wait for hit confirm, and then fuck em up. they can still vanish behind you if they have stamina, though.

• Came up with my Frieza name by first thinking of something related to cold, so Refrigerator.
  • Then Fridge for short.
  • Turned the "dg" of "Fridge" into a "j" and added a "u" for that Japanese flavor.
  • Result: Friju
I'm pretty proud of it :b

McNum

my character is built entirely around kaioken x20. you're definitely gonna wanna get the energy drain skill. if you land it on your opponent it recharges 3 bars of stamina, AND it can be combo'd into. it's a super beastly combo.

also most of the ultimates can be combo'd into, afaik. maybe special beam cannon is different, but yeah just go into a combo, wait for hit confirm, and then fuck em up. they can still vanish behind you if they have stamina, though.
Yeah, I found that I can pretty much use it when I would use Kamehameha. It just costs three times as much and does an awful lot of damage. Also evil to use if the enemy is occupied fighting someone else. Now being mentored by Krillin. That Orin Combo isn't my specialty, but I guess I have to use it to get what I'm really there for. Destructo-Disk. A homing, unblockable ranged harasser move. That should be useful.

My current skill setup is Orin Combo (sitting in for Kamehameha), Evil Explosion, Kaioken X20 and Rise to Action. Rise to Action is sort of a stopgap, too. But turning one Ki into two Stamina is a decent trade as long as I get an opening to do it. Z-Soul is "You don’t understand girls!!" (+Stamina Recovery). Makes a guard break disappear pretty fast. I just hold down the Ki Blast button in case the CPU is dumb enough to come at me head on. I'll keep an eye out for the Energy Drain. Amusingly, I might end up with several Android skills when this one is complete. A stamina monopoly would be a fun way to play.

It's very much still a work in progress. But at least I know I'm not Ki starved, it comes back pretty fast, I'm usually hovering at two unless I've been using Special Beam Cannon. So, I guess it's 0 Ki/75 Stamina in the build. There's no point in having a Stamina number not divisible with 25, is there?

Philtastic

There's no point in having a Stamina number not divisible with 25, is there?

There is a point due to gear multiplying your stats and, even if you don't get a full bar, it still gives you a fraction of a bar which means that, once you use some stamina, you'll regen into that next bar faster than if you didn't have the extra stamina.

McNum

There is a point due to gear multiplying your stats and, even if you don't get a full bar, it still gives you a fraction of a bar which means that, once you use some stamina, you'll regen into that next bar faster than if you didn't have the extra stamina.
Huh, and I suppose with a Kaioken build, it gives me more time in Kaioken, despite not being a full bar. Does the "It's like a Super Saiyan bargain sale..." Z-Soul also cover Kaioken duration?

I swear, this feels very Pokémon. Trying to find the build that fits better within a limited movepool and a single modifier item. So, for draining moves there's both Super Drain and Hyper Drain. Any reason to go with Super when I eventually get both?

Thinking it might end up as Change the Future, Super/Hyper Drain, Kaioken X20, and some direct damage move for combos. Then some ultimate that's easy to hit with, or something. Still kind of want to see what Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack does here.

sibarraz

Banned
There are 2 PQs in the postgame that are custom designed for quick and easy grinding. You can get a character from 1 to 80 in an hour or so.

Thanks! I'm in level 42, and im struggling to defeat beerus and whis, which is the best PQ to grind experience alone? I had a friend which helped me gain lots of levels with 2 PQ of broly, but I hadn't unlocked them yet

KHlover

Banned
2015-03-28_000018wssb.jpg

Finally got some drop luck with the important parts of Lord Bills costume, so behold the first angel of the God of Destruction :p

Maligna

Banned
The most disappointing thing about this game is that you can't edit the colors of the iconic clothing. It would give you SO many more ways to be unique.

McNum

The most disappointing thing about this game is that you can't edit the colors of the iconic clothing. It would give you SO many more ways to be unique.
Yeah, tell me about it. I dropped Piccolo's clothes because my character wears red to go with the Kaioken. So far, the basic Uniform outfit really looks best on her. I wish we could separate looks from stats in this game. Well, the outfit that unlocks after the Cell Saga looks nice, too.

...anyone got a full set of Dragonballs to do that with?

Speaking of which, any way to change your hairstyle in the game? Kind of want to try a few others out, but I get this feeling that I have to ask Shenron for that and that seems like a gross misuse of Dragonballs.

KHlover

Banned
Yeah, tell me about it. I dropped Piccolo's clothes because my character wears red to go with the Kaioken. So far, the basic Uniform outfit really looks best on her. I wish we could separate looks from stats in this game. Well, the outfit that unlocks after the Cell Saga looks nice, too.

...anyone got a full set of Dragonballs to do that with?

Speaking of which, any way to change your hairstyle in the game? Kind of want to try a few others out, but I get this feeling that I have to ask Shenron for that and that seems like a gross misuse of Dragonballs.

You have to :(

Which ones are they?
PQ 52 and PQ 53 iirc. One is a mission where you fight against three giant apes and one is a Dragon Ball collection mission.

McNum

You have to :(
Well, it is traditional Dragon Ball, really. "Hey Shenron! Grant my incredibly trivial wish!"

I suppose big old Shenron prefers those to "Remake this planet!" or "Revive a billion people!" I mean, a new hairstyle or a pair of panties is much easier. I do like that they summoned him to ask him a question in Battle of Gods. That's just the right amount of Dragonball abuse. Shenron got off easy there.

Speaking of Shenron, what wishes are best to get out of the way first? I'm thinking either more characters or more moves, if they're good.

KHlover

Banned
Well, it is traditional Dragon Ball, really. "Hey Shenron! Grant my incredibly trivial wish!"

I suppose big old Shenron prefers those to "Remake this planet!" or "Revive a billion people!" I mean, a new hairstyle or a pair of panties is much easier. I do like that they summoned him to ask him a question in Battle of Gods. That's just the right amount of Dragonball abuse. Shenron got off easy there.

Speaking of Shenron, what wishes are best to get out of the way first? I'm thinking either more characters or more moves, if they're good.

There's more trivial wishes than important ones, really.

I Want Money- This wish is probably the most useless one in Dragon Ball XenoVerse. Making this wish grants you half a million zeni. While that seems great, currency isn’t exactly hard to come by in the game, making this a wish to only use if you’ve already gotten everything else you want.

I Want A Rare Item- This wish grants you the Power Pole accessory which can only be obtained this way. You can wish for this as many times as you want, although there is really no point in doing so. It is, after all, nothing more than a rare cosmetic item.

I Want To Dress Up- Using your Dragon Balls for this wish will grant you all of the pieces to a new costume in Dragon Ball XenoVerse. The Saiyuki costume greatly improves your Health and Ki Supers stats. It looks stylish enough and will set you apart from everyone else in Toki-Toki City (provided that they didn’t also wish for this costume).

I Want To Get Stronger- This wish will provide you with Soul Resonance Apparatus x5 and Soul Spreading Synthetic Device x3. These mixing items can be used to craft extremely useful Z-Souls which can then be equipped to your created character. The only issue is that some of the require Z-Souls for the recipes are very rare.

I Want To Grow- This is one of the most straight forward and useful wishes in Dragon Ball XenoVerse lol no. Using your seven Dragon Balls to make this wish will grant you the required experience to hit the next level. It’s best to save this for when you’re trying to hit higher levels and to make sure that you’re not already close to the next level in order to truly maximize the benefits.

I Want A New Ultimate Attack- This wish is useable twice. The first time it is granted, you will receive Blitz Hell. The second time will grant you access to Minus Energy Ball ultimate attack. Not too shabby for 14 Dragon Balls.

I Want A New Super Attack- This wish can also be used twice. Each time you will be granted a set of skills that can be utilized by your created character in Dragon Ball XenoVerse. The first set includes: Flash Bomber, Drain Field, Lightning Ruin and Air Consumption. The second set will net you: Castrol Lightning Dragon Bullets, God Speed Light Bullets, Whirlwind Spin, and the Sleepy Boy Box. All are pretty useful and well worth your time if you’ve grown tired of all the other Supers granted to you in Dragon Ball XenoVerse.

I Want More Useable Characters- In order to take full advantage of this wish you will want to request it three times. Doing so will unlock Super Saiyan 4 Gojeta, Super 17, and Omega Shenron in that order. These are some of the strongest characters available in Dragon Ball XenoVerse so you may want to go for this wish on your first few runs.

I Want A Second Chance At Life- Only request this wish if you want to respec your created character. In case you don’t know what that means, you’ll be able to reassign every skill point you’ve earned to change your character build.

I Want To Be Drop Dead Gorgeous- This wish is purely cosmetic. It allows you to change the appearance of your created character in Dragon Ball XenoVerse. It probably isn’t the best use of your hard earned Dragon Balls, but if you happen to be tired of staring at your creation then you’re more than welcome to change anything.

New super, New ulti, New character, Respec are the most useful wishes imo. Worst one is "I want to grow", by far. You grind Dragon Balls for 1-2 hours and get ONE level-up out of it. ONE. AHAHAHAHAHA

McNum

And that is Krillin's training done. Yay. Destructo-Disc is exactly what I hoped it would be. Toss it, and then you can act before it reaches the target. So, Kaioken X20, Destructo-Disc, charge at the opponent and force them to block. Incoming unblockable combo starter from behind. At least in theory. It doesn't do THAT much damage, though, but it's nice.

Scatter Kamehameha... I'm not feeling it. I mean, an AoE Ultimate to go with Special Beam Canon is nice, but I think I can do better. I need a good evasive attack, too. Found out those are ALSO free in Kaioken X20. Suddenly, coming down from one of those is much less dangerous. If I had something great for that. Any ideas?

Also, that's Piccolo and Krillin done. Who's next? I'm kind of leaning Cell. He does something big and purple and "get away from me" when I fight him. If that's an Evasive move, I want it. I also want 18's training done, because what's better than ONE Destructo-Disc? TWO! But I'm not far enough in the story for her.

What's a good level to enter the Android saga? I'm aiming for 40-ish. Ten levels per new saga seems a rule of thumb that's worked out.

Philtastic

I just tried a Majin female and it seems like their (1-4)xLight+2xHeavy combo is bugged. On the first heavy hit, she kicks the enemy upward but they don't actually travel far enough for the second heavy hit to land: they always fall too fast such that the 2nd heavy attack whiffs every time. Anyone else have this problem?

Asking again from all the people who seem to have Majin females here. I'm on PC.

patchday

Yeah I'm not sure about the combos for Majin females. I've actually haven't been able to play for a few days. And Bloodborne has zapped the little free time I've had :(

akileese

Xenoverse is pretty much the best of this style of DBZ games I've ever played, but it is unfortunately marred by the worst targeting system possibly in the history of gaming. The amount of times I target someone and my character arbitrarily turns around and punches air is infuriating.

McNum

Hm, am I doing this Cell mentor thing wrong?

My master is "Cell (Perfect)" and I bring along "Cell (Perfect)". He acts like a mentor, gets all the lines and such, but the friendship bar doesn't move at all. Then I tried bringing along "Cell (Full Power)" and it did move, but he didn't talk mentor-like. So what gives? Did I bring the wrong Cell despite taking the one with the same name? Actually, if a character has multiple slots in the character select, do I have to pick the exact same one to gain points?

Still thinking of a good Evasive Move, it doesn't really feel like I have anything great yet. Final Pose and Super Energy Blast are both nice, but... I'm keeping my options open on this for sure.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
When I knocked a guy into the sky what's best to follow with? Atm I just wait until he drops back down.

patchday

Xenoverse is pretty much the best of this style of DBZ games I've ever played, but it is unfortunately marred by the worst targeting system possibly in the history of gaming. The amount of times I target someone and my character arbitrarily turns around and punches air is infuriating.

After I purchased a new DS4 controller I haven't had any issues at all with targeting or camera. But on my older ds4 controller I had a plethora of targeting and camera issues.

The only annoyance I have is when it targets the 'gates' instead of the enemy (when I press on the right stick to select a different target). Super annoying!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hm, am I doing this Cell mentor thing wrong?

My master is "Cell (Perfect)" and I bring along "Cell (Perfect)". He acts like a mentor, gets all the lines and such, but the friendship bar doesn't move at all. Then I tried bringing along "Cell (Full Power)" and it did move, but he didn't talk mentor-like. So what gives? Did I bring the wrong Cell despite taking the one with the same name? Actually, if a character has multiple slots in the character select, do I have to pick the exact same one to gain points?

Still thinking of a good Evasive Move, it doesn't really feel like I have anything great yet. Final Pose and Super Energy Blast are both nice, but... I'm keeping my options open on this for sure.

ive just done the whole of vegeta line without bringing him into a battle once so i dont think it matters

McNum

When I knocked a guy into the sky what's best to follow with? Atm I just wait until he drops back down.
Well, continuing the combo is an option, fly up to him and hit him again, but a fast Kamehameha or Evil Explosion served me pretty well early on. Try some supers, see if you can hit with them consistently. Be it Strike or Ki.
ive just done the whole of vegeta line without bringing him into a battle once so i dont think it matters
Huh. well, I'm curious to see what the Cell line has to offer. People are saying Gravity Impact is nice, I don't even know what that looks like. Perfect Kamehameha seems like, well, the generic big blast of energy. I may have been too dismissing on Scatter Kamehameha, it sure hurts when it hits, but I can see Perfect Kamehameha get into the lineup pretty fast.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's so hard to fly towards them and hit, really fiddly. I either miss or the combo knocks em up and I can't fly to them in time to hit them or I do but I miss :(

Philtastic

I haven't had too many problems with targetting in the game. You may have been pressing a direction while pushing the attack button which would cause your character to potentially attack away from your intended target. It's also possible that you switched targets but didn't give your character any time to change facing to your target (eg. you pressed attack immediately after changing target). To realign nearly instantly, you need to move a tiny bit in any direction.

The only annoyance I have is when it targets the 'gates' instead of the enemy (when I press on the right stick to select a different target). Super annoying!
This so much, especially on those 1 vs. many fights where you're switching a lot.

There are a number of ways to follow:
1) You can spend 2 stamina bars to instantly teleport along their trajectory to start a new combo.
2) You can fire off a fast-charging super which will catch them mid-flight. Some examples are Kamehameha or Galick Gun right after launch. Recoome Kick is a melee super that you can use if you launch into the ground. You can also use the ultimate Full Power Energy Volley right after a combo and all the blasts will home in on the enemy instead of being dispersed.
3) You can often just fly toward a launched target and, if you get right up to them and they don't/can't actively recover, you can actually hit them and start a new combo. This is true both in the air and if they are still bouncing on the ground. Once they're flat on the ground or doing their recovery animation, however, they're invincible and you need to wait for them to get up or finish the animation.

It's so hard to fly towards them and hit, really fiddly. I either miss or the combo knocks em up and I can't fly to them in time to hit them or I do but I miss :(
It's not so much fiddly as just needs good timing. When you want to hit them while they're flying, you need to basically be right in their face (makes sense: they're moving away from you and attack animations aren't instant). If you hit them off the ground, they fly up a bit: move a tiny bit to realign your character to face upwards at them and then start attacking.

patchday

I try to hit X (ps4 controls) during my combo to 'combo cancel' especially if I'm in an online PQ. I think a ton of DPS gets lost when the target goes flying all across the map and people can not catch up to the target.

See this guide for info on combo cancel.

Jump Cancel and Step Cancel

One of the best advanced techniques in Dragon Ball Xenoverse is the ability to cancel basic attacks with a jump or step. Not all attacks can be canceled, so test your character's combo strings to see where you can cancel and how you should cancel. To perform a cancel, simply tap or hold the Jump button and a direction during the animation of a basic attack. When performed correctly, your character will stop the attack and jump or step instead.

You may ask yourself why you'd want to stop a perfectly good combo. When you perform a cancel, it allows you to continue your combo uninterrupted. Most combos won't extend beyond 10 or 12 hits unless you add a special move to the end of the combo string. By using a cancel, you can stop your combo string before it ends, then start another combo string while the opponent is unable to escape without the use of a Vanish or similar technique. With the cancel ability, it creates combos that can extend to well over 20 hits. This also forces your opponent to use Stamina meter on a Vanish or evasive technique. If they don't, he or she will take a ton of damage from your newly extended combo.

You can also cancel basic attacks into Ki blasts by pressing your Ki button during a basic attack animation. This isn't quite as effective as a Jump Cancel or Step Cancel, but it can be useful to create some distance between you and the opponent.

McNum

Hm, I see the Androids are a fairly sharp step up in difficulty. I mean, not "getting tag-teamed by Goku and Gohan" tough, but still rather mean. What is that big green thing 17 and 18 does? It looks like an Ultimate, so that's at least something, but wow does that hurt. And here I was thinking I was overleveled for a bit. Also, I want 17's Evasive move. For thematic reasons only, really. And I think it drops off the PQ I just barely made it through, of course. Need to learn how to deal with these two.

It does feel like I need to step it up a bit, both in built and power. On the bright side, I got Gravity Impact off Cell and that's pretty nice. They sure go flying from that. And in a perfectly straight line. If only I had a beam cannon, a special one, perhaps, it would probably be the best setup ever for that. Oh, wait. I do. I might have to try other moves as well, but Gravity Impact to Special Beam Cannon is a combo, I think.

Next goal will be Perfect Kamehameha off Cell. Then I don't know. Not starting the Buu stuff just yet. Maybe train under 18 for a bit, see if she has anything good. Or find out where to get Change the Future. Sure would be nice to be able to counter big ki moves.

Hm, I see the Androids are a fairly sharp step up in difficulty. I mean, not "getting tag-teamed by Goku and Gohan" tough, but still rather mean. What is that big green thing 17 and 18 does? It looks like an Ultimate, so that's at least something, but wow does that hurt.

It's an ultimate called Super Electric Strike. I think you can get it from one of the Android focused PQs. Generally, I find ascending or descending quickly to be best when trying to avoid it; moving sideways generally just gets you hit thanks to that attack's crazy horizontal hit box.

McNum

It's an ultimate called Super Electric Strike. I think you can get it from one of the Android focused PQs. Generally, I find ascending or descending quickly to be best when trying to avoid it; moving sideways generally just gets you hit thanks to that attack's crazy horizontal hit box.
Ah, it has a disjointed horizontal hitbox... I'll make sure to go up or down when they get a cut-in portrait.

Also on my list of "I do not like you very much..." at the moment: PQ26 solo to unlock it for a trio. Enter portal, Vegeta fires an Ultimate, and Piccolo attacks. Then Vegeta joins in and I'm in deep trouble. Thinking I may need to Kaioken X20 and THEN go through.

On my "I really like this list" is Gravity Impact. Now that's a Ki-based combo ender. And they go flying for so long, I can catch up, and start a new combo, which builds one Ki, which becomes another Gravity Impact. I can do that for as long as the Kaioken lasts if I triggered it. Need to boost to catch up.

And now to find out what to do with my first set of dragonballs. Leaning towards Super Moves, not sure.

EDIT: Went with Gogeta instead. Not sure about him, I think I'd rather take a standard Goku along than him.

Also, tried to dodge the Super Electric Fist by going up. The jump button is Vanish when up close, so... Vanish! No stamina! ...ouch. Next time, I'll try removing the lock-on first.

Philtastic

You can also step-vanish through it.

I try to hit X (ps4 controls) during my combo to 'combo cancel' especially if I'm in an online PQ. I think a ton of DPS gets lost when the target goes flying all across the map and people can not catch up to the target.

See this guide for info on combo cancel.

Sounds pretty similar to combo canceling in the Budokai games. If it's as useful here as it is there, I should probably practice these a bit.

Calcium

Banned
I finished the story mode yesterday and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It's a damn shame the game is brought down by the ridiculous RNG system because other than that it is a pretty great game. I still have to finish all the PQs and train with every mentor, so the game is going to last me a good while.

patchday

Yeah dat RNG... Played 4-5 PQs and nothing useful dropped. So went ahead and played Bloodborne instead and got a bunch of stuff accomplished.

And thus, this is the problem with RNG. If a player is playing with their maxed level character the XP rewards do not go towards anything. So nothing gets done. And zeni seems quite useless (already bought out everything I wanted). Diablo 3 gets around this via their prestige system. So the cap is something you'll never hit (Casually player wise at least)

Still the pvp is fun and I enjoy playing with the 'built in' anime series characters. just have to remind myself to avoid the PQs. It's a trap! :)

Will still coop some PQs but it will be a casul affair. Just will join whatever room is available

* On that note- it reminds me. I keep thinking they did a really, really bad thing. We can't skip the cutscenes and even via Team registration when I offline the PQs I cannot get it to 'repeat'. So as soon as I complete a mission I get bounced out to the mentor area. GRRRR.... Too me just feels strange and poorly thought out. Cutscenes should be skippable! I get tired of seeing the same intros play over & over. Drives me nuts. So yeah.... Will probably be spending less time with the game til we get more content or I'll just primarily do PVP. The PQs just feel rather rushed and the grinding-RNG system feels like a last minute tack on

McNum

I've gone in full on Pokémon mode with my original CaC now. Need to find the exact setup to make her like I want her to be. And it's hard.

First major question... 20X Kaioken or not? It's a good damage boost, and the infinite vanish is awesome. But it runs out fast, one misstep allowing the opponent to breathe and I'm the one guard broken, by my own design. Solutions could include Super Drain to grab 300 Stamina from the opponent, or looking into more ways to get a bang for my buck with this. Like Neo Tri-Beam. I don't have that DLC, though.

But after getting Gravity Impact, my fighting style has changed quite a bit thanks to its ridiculously long knockback. Can you even recover out of something like that, maybe with an Evasive Skill? Because getting that hit means the opponent is open to whatever I can catch them with... which is a lot.

I rarely touch the Kaioken button now. Because while that is a damage boost, it breaks my momentum. Super Drain could change that, of course, if it's possible to catch up and drain them with that.

So yeah, doubting the 20X Kaioken now. anyone got experience using it and can tell me what to do with it? Does it work as well with Super Drain as I think? Does Super Drain work well in a 0 point Strike Super build?

I am so going to have to wish for a respec when I finally figure this out.

patchday

What I'd love to see for Xenoverse 2 (Because I have the feeling Xenoverse is a wrap for these devs and the DLCs will just add a bit more content that I may / may not even purchase)

• Improved XP system. The player should ALWAYS feel like something is being accomplished even if they are playing on a maxed character. Consider unlocks instead of random loot PLEASE
  • Parallel Quests- Allow players to skip cutscenes. Watching the Dragonball Z actors make their dramatic entrances is cool the first 2-3 times. After that, the player is worn out and it interrupts the game flow! All the time an ultimate attack, etc will get wasted, Instead, look at Gears of War. They did it properly there. We can hit a button to look at the point of interest if we *want*
  • Hosting rooms - Why give us the ability to host rooms and not have the ability to customize *anything*? Allow hosts of pvp rooms to disable z-souls, potions, & even custom characters. Look at Gran Turismo. Hosts have a plethora of settings for their 'events'.
  • Clothes- There are so many clothes with gear set for STRIKE and melee. Clothes feel like a pure after thought and a last minute addition. If the clothes must have stats then at least allow the gamer to turn off the stats.
  • Targetting system- It is sooo annnoying that 'gates' are considered during target selections. Not sure of a good fix for that one under the current control scheme.

patchday

I chessed that PQ back when that frieza z-soul wasn't patched (I'll never forgive you, scum). The one where you get KO'ed the first time it got canceled and I'd have infinite ki (so I'd stay in Super Saiyan form). Was so much fun... Felt like a true Super Saiyan.

In the anime, don't Saiyans remain Super Saiyan form for a long period of time?

Lagamorph

I chessed that PQ back when that frieza z-soul wasn't patched (I'll never forgive you, scum). The one where you get KO'ed the first time it got canceled and I'd have infinite ki (so I'd stay in Super Saiyan form). Was so much fun... Felt like a true Super Saiyan.

In the anime, don't Saiyans remain Super Saiyan form for a long period of time?

Goku and Gohan figure out how to stay in that state permanently, at least for SSJ1.
But yeah, they can stay in it for a hell of a long time, even when they seem to be beaten and out of energy.

What I don't get is why Super Saiyan running out because your Ki has run out ALSO immediately removes all your Stamina as well.

cHinzo

Did the pc version got a performance update or something? I havent played the game in like 3 weeks, but I tried playing it today and it's running smooth as fck on my laptop. Can't remember it running this good before.

Top Bottom