• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

OptimusLime

I've been trying to get the shirt for two weeks.
I have enough copies of his pants and boots to outfit half of GAF - if they were giftable items, which they stupidly aren't.

Im having this problem with Vegeta Frieza Saga pants, Ive got about 4 duplicates each of gloves, boots, and vest >.>

I think Im at 3 days of grinding these stupid pants, I can do PQ13 with my eyes closed now.

Any tips for a female majin lvl 80? I'm trying to do a mix between basic attacks and ki supers and ultimates.

I'm running the following build:

Health: 100
Ki Super: 100
Stam: 5
Basic: 32

It works reasonably well for me. Obviously supers are my primary source of damage, and I use basic attacks to try set up combos that flow into supers. The high health combined with majin defense bonuses allow me to be tankier than most Ki builds.

Im having this problem with Vegeta Frieza Saga pants, Ive got about 4 duplicates each of gloves, boots, and vest >.>

I think Im at 3 days of grinding these stupid pants, I can do PQ13 with my eyes closed now.

Ugh tell me about it. If we could just trade all equipment freely via gifts, that would really lessen the burden of these goddamn drop rates.

I don't mind drop rates on items/skills. I'm a MMO/Diablo kinda guy, I can deal with grinds. The thing I do mind is that optional events are tied behind RNG too. I really hope they ditch that in the sequel. I'd rather see harder conditions for getting them to spawn than RNG.

patchday

To me, it's especially weird because they know the save games are all local... So on the PC version, you see videos of hackers flying around with SSJ3 on their characters. SSJ3 is techinically in the game- its just that CACs (custom characters) are not supposed to use it.

I think I'm going to dive for the PC version though at some point to experience the glorious 1080p / 60 fps. Just waiting to build enough points on my card to get half price off (via gift card). Dont want to pay full price for this game again

McNum

How does the PC version work with a 360 controller? Does it get all the right button prompts and all that like some other games do?

Been looking at the TFS Plays of it "The Adventures of Dumplin" and it looks pretty fun, and very DBZ. So, I'm curious how wellmade the PC port is.

I don't mind drop rates on items/skills. I'm a MMO/Diablo kinda guy, I can deal with grinds. The thing I do mind is that optional events are tied behind RNG too. I really hope they ditch that in the sequel. I'd rather see harder conditions for getting them to spawn than RNG.

To an extent I see what you mean, but when a random drop also depends on a random event, like the Beerus clothing requirements, then it's just horrible.

And I am hoping for a patch.
Not much hope, mind you.
But we've got two more DLCs coming, no reason they can't tweak a few balance issues like these.

NeonZ

Not to be that guy, but wasnt the explanation of PQ's in game the exact opposite? i.e. the PQ scenarios were a result of time being fucked with and you had to go in to sort it out?

They're fragments created by the timeline changes. You don't "sort them out" though, you need to go there and do specific things to stabilize them and stop them from becoming real timelines. Those specific things might not be related to making them closer to the real timelines though, which is why you get missions where you team up with Raditz to kill Goku, for example, and Trunks warns right at the start, that you must defeat any enemies in there, doesn't matter who it is.

How does the PC version work with a 360 controller? Does it get all the right button prompts and all that like some other games do?

Been looking at the TFS Plays of it "The Adventures of Dumplin" and it looks pretty fun, and very DBZ. So, I'm curious how wellmade the PC port is.

well i use a dualshock 4 that is read as a 360 controller(with the use of InputMapper) and the game has all the right promts for a 360 controller so you're golden.

KHlover

Banned

Using the WiiU Pro Controller with Mayflash in XInput mode and I get Xbox button propts. No complaints here.

patchday

Any tips for a female majin lvl 80? I'm trying to do a mix between basic attacks and ki supers and ultimates.

Okay posted my build above. Now for explanation:

So I pve / pvp with my Majin. Some tips (using a build like mine):
- I use the custom majin skills with her. I use the evasive move that turns the enemy into Candy. This is why I have half decent Stamina (40).
- Since I'm on PS4, been using "Bwhaha... Thanks for the energy". So I do not need much hitpoints. After they patch that z-soul, I can just use healing caps or use another z-soul that grants health. Plus, Majin females, unlike males, do not have high base health. [edit] See the big numbers guide.
- Gave her a little basic attack. I rarely use charging skills. But I can use the charging skills after turning enemies into candy
- High ki blasts because Majins only get 1 custom strike skill (Buu buu punch). Buu punch is actually decent when you have multple targets. But since I went ki route and just use the Majin ki blast moves
- Majin high defense is great for fighting up close. Being immune to the stuns or whatever once every 20 seconds is great. Fight upclose, gather ki, then hit'em hard with blasts

I can solo all the PQs with ease even if she were not L80. Beerus & Whis fight is trivial.

Not home right now but think my skills:

Super Electric
Innocence Breath (majin only). Great fun to use.
Candy Beam (Majin only - evasion). Awesome Troll move

II Rain (Sometimes I use this skill)
Majin Kamehama
Charging move
Change The Future
Broly's bombardment super move. Forget the name. It's the one where he tosses out a bunch of missles.

Majins are my favorite race atm. After they nerf "Thanks for the energy" on PS4 I will switch to the "Not Kami or Piccolo" OP z-soul next or just use Majin's z-soul to turn them into candy when hit.

Philtastic

well i use a dualshock 4 that is read as a 360 controller(with the use of InputMapper) and the game has all the right promts for a 360 controller so you're golden.

Using the WiiU Pro Controller with Mayflash in XInput mode and I get Xbox button propts. No complaints here.

Glad to hear these since I just bought a DS4 for this!

I've been working on a thing if anyone's interested.

That is sweet!

Nordicus

I'm currently way better on my Nappa against other players than my stamina-draining female Saiyan. That's depressing. Female saiyan's melee moveset is far too slow and elaborate for their own good and the back attack is pretty bad as well in both range and speed. Might just be my puny size though.

Regardless, it's really hard to steer melee skirmishes away from being a duel of stamina bars with her, which is something both my male majin and Nappa can manage pretty fine.

Philtastic

I'm currently way better on my Nappa against other players than my stamina-draining female Saiyan. That's depressing. Female saiyan's melee moveset is far too slow and elaborate for their own good and the back attack is pretty bad as well in both range and speed. Might just be my puny size though.

Regardless, it's really hard to steer melee skirmishes away from being a duel of stamina bars with her, which is something both my male majin and Nappa can manage pretty fine.

I'm feeling the same way about female saiyan now that I've tried female human. Female human seems to have significantly faster combos with more free chainability. I haven't tried back attacks much due to keyboard but looking forward to trying those out with my new controller.

Nordicus

I'm feeling the same way about female saiyan now that I've tried female human. Female human seems to have significantly faster combos with more free chainability. I haven't tried back attacks much due to keyboard but looking forward to trying those out with my new controller.
Yeah, humans and Nappa both have this really quick spinning hook kick that they do behind them during a back attack while female saiyans jump up a bit, and then do a side kick of sorts behind them in this slow 2-phase animation that most people have more than enough time to step away from even if you timed it properly.

I need a skill that would come out almost instantly and deal with really close-by melee with ease. Right now I'm weighing all my non-Godbreaker options. Would rather not have all of my characters equipped with a counter move. Shine Shot seems to do a decent job at disoriented dashers so far

Lagamorph

Finished the story today, and loved every second of it! Well, the main story anyway. Time for Post-game stuff!
And, perhaps more importantly, definitely time for some new clothes....

i3hb9Df.jpg

hkEpB3v.jpg

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the story today, and loved every second of it! Well, the main story anyway. Time for Post-game stuff!
And, perhaps more importantly, definitely time for some new clothes....

You only beat Demigra? The story isn't quite over yet! A few more story quests await you after you collect some Time Crystal Shards.

Scirrocco

What are they things your looking for in a kaioken build? Stats wise? Would a majin kaioken be a bad idea due to t heir slow stamina build?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm on mobile and don't know how to search threads on mobile.

I use a 360 controller and it works absolutely perfectly. No complaints at all. The button prompts are all correct that I've seen.

Lagamorph

You only beat Demigra? The story isn't quite over yet! A few more story quests await you after you collect some Time Crystal Shards.

Well, I
beat his final form as well
and got the end credits, so I've beaten the main story, but I know there's still story to go too, both DLC stuff and the Crystal Shards. Just need to get more...got two so far.

patchday

What are they things your looking for in a kaioken build? Stats wise? Would a majin kaioken be a bad idea due to t heir slow stamina build?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm on mobile and don't know how to search threads on mobile.

I use a 360 controller and it works absolutely perfectly. No complaints at all. The button prompts are all correct that I've seen.

Never see anyone using that skill. Guess because there's no way at all to keep it going (unlike Saiyan form which can be maintained through charging ki)

Do we know how big a bonus reinforcement skills give? Recome has a reinforcement that boosts damage.

While I've never tried it, I can't see kaioken working with a Majin. One of their big draws is their defense bonus, which requires your Stamina bar to be full. Couple that with their slow Stamina recovery, and I'd be rather worried.

Currently the only Kaioken build I'm running with any measure of success is my female Earthling ki blast build. Her stats are as follows:

Health: 50
Stam: 75
Basic: 12
Ki Super: 100
Z-Soul: Might as Well...

Her Z-Soul amplifies her Ki and Stamina regen, which helps her keep her offense up at all times and makes up for her low ki bar. Her greatest strength lies in using Kaiokenx20 which gives infinite stamina for a period of time, and spamming Neo Tri-Beam, which requires the usual 3 bars of Ki and then a bar of stamina for each subsequent blast.

Each individual blast from Neo Tri Beam isn't all that strong, but they are difficult to avoid and with Kaiokenx20, you can throw a hell of a lot of em. The move leaves you open after you're done, but it works great as a finishing move.

patchday

Still trying to complete Beerus's set. I'd say I've tried at least 7 times per day for the past two weeks. Fucking absurd.

Yeah I think clothes have the worst drop rate. I wanted to get the Majin Buu's pants but it's a lot work. Think I'd rather just do some online battles and other stuff.

Oh nice, Arotica recorded his first fight against my Nappa! :D

I think it was mostly the surprise factor of Nappa's insane melee reach that let me win (only won 2 matches out of our 6). Later rounds, he stopped trying to go all fisticuffs with me and his use of God Breaker and Thunder Eraser absolutely wrecked me.

I watched the first battle its pretty good

Philtastic

Oh nice, Arotica recorded his first fight against my Nappa! :D

I think it was mostly the surprise factor of Nappa's insane melee reach that let me win (only won 2 matches out of our 6). Later rounds, he stopped trying to go all fisticuffs with me and his use of God Breaker and Thunder Eraser absolutely wrecked me.

Man, that was good. It seems like Nappa's attacks have very good reach while being very fast. I suppose that helps a lot with the back attacks because I found on my female saiyan that she's usually stuck in her attack animation such that I can't do a back attack in time.
Edit: Looks like he figured you out in subsequent fights :p

In other news, I have discovered that the Dualshock 4 doesn't come with a charging/connecting cable. I've ordered a micro USB -> USB cable from Monoprice. In the meantime, I'm trying to get it to connect by Bluetooth and it keeps dropping connection/turning off in about 2-5 seconds. I've tried both DS4Windows and Input Mapper. DS4Windows says that the battery is 0% while Input Mapper has it at 10%. Does the DS4 tend to shutdown automatically at low battery or is this a Bluetooth pairing issue? I guess I might just have to wait until I get a cable to charge this to find out but I was really looking forward to trying this out tonight.

patchday

Just checked my Amazon and looks like Bloodborne on its' way. Should have it by friday.

Trying to think of some loose ends I want to tie up. Beerus still hasn't showed his face in my toki toki city even though I finished Goku.

I really wish these devs that love to overflow their games with random logic (RNG) in every spot in their games could experience more 'randomness' in their real life and see how much fun and excitement it adds for them. Such as, their paychecks randomly not showing up.

When I purchased this game; had no idea I would have to deal with crappy RNG all over again. Had my fill of that in Destiny (which actually improved a bit to their credit over the months)

I just read they are patching ps4 and will fix the broken z-soul, "bhaha thanks for the energy".

I wish they'd add some features such as more hosting options. Allow hosts to restrict it to the anime series characters if they want, disallow pots & z-souls, etc. Just more options

The RNG I can deal with honestly. I don't like how the stats are setup on the clothes anyway. Especially for ki users. They know we need to fight upclose to build ki and yet they insist on applying -BASIC ATTK to items :(

Hello guys , i'm realising , way too late in the game that i've messed up my stats for my build. i've already 4 dragon balls , so i'm looking at some PQ were i can find a TIME patroller easily to try to farm some dragon ball , i've just completed beerus and wills "Test" fight and i won at my third try ... but i feel like my build is really unoptimised.

So what are the PQ i must play to fight some patrollers easily ?

Hello guys , i'm realising , way too late in the game that i've messed up my stats for my build. i've already 4 dragon balls , so i'm looking at some PQ were i can find a TIME patroller easily to try to farm some dragon ball , i've just completed beerus and wills "Test" fight and i won at my third try ... but i feel like my build is really unoptimised.

PQ12. A Time Patroller has a random chance of appearing as soon as you start the mission, just ahead of where you spawn. If they're there, great. If not, just restart the mission until they appear.

Philtastic

PQ12. A Time Patroller has a random chance of appearing as soon as you start the mission, just ahead of where you spawn. If they're there, great. If not, just restart the mission until they appear.

Also restart if you don't get a "Key Item" from the Time Patroller. It seems like it takes about 1-2 hours on average to collect all 7 dragon balls this way. Usually, the last 2 take the longest so don't be too discouraged if you find yourself restarting over and over for those last 2.

patchday

I grabbed the patch last night but for the first time I realized I didn't really have a goal to strive for after booting up. I've grabbed all the skills I wanted. No huge desire to farm new outfits. So watched TV instead after patching

There is that super-17 z-soul I never built yet. I'll just have to grind that one base Android prereq z-soul again.

Now that they fixed that broken z-soul on ps4 I am hoping I can look forward to some challenging fights!

Previously, due to that broken z-soul, I felt like I had to use it to compete with the big boys. Problem was I'd blow away anyone that wasn't using the skill (causing a ripple effect I'm sure- causing them to want to upgrade into it)

Top Bottom