• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot has sold 8 million units worldwide

Draugoth

Gold Member
Over 8 millions of you have shown your support for DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT. Thank you for helping us reach this great milestone – we hope you look forward to what’s coming next! #DBZK

GRpfoS2WkAEiA90

Last edited:

darth.shrimp

Gold Member
I liked but it was too easy, no challenge so I dropped it after defeating frieza.
Well the Saiyan Saga was the tutorial, and Namek the easy part. Difficulty really starts to ramp up during the Androids Saga (20 is a real pain, and 17 and 18 together are one of the hardest fights in the game).

March Climber

Gold Member
Honestly this game should have ben only kid goku dragonball. A action rpg adventure. Making it dbz did not make it any better. If there is a sequal I hope it's woth kid goku
This would be the signal received, an action rpg game called ‘The Story of Goku’ where it covers everything from birth to the end of super, with GT content as DLC.

Bandai Namco probably won’t do it though.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Lots of heavy discounts but still nice. I didn't like it. Didn't even get an hour into it . Maybe I'll try it again one day.

bumpkin

I liked but it was too easy, no challenge so I dropped it after defeating frieza.
I dropped it after the Cell saga because I never enjoyed the Buu saga. It dragged on way too long with too many “oh no, Buu has gotten more powerful” twists.

I really should go back to it someday though. I did like the work they put into the story cut scenes/cinematics. I’m also curious about the additional story DLCs they’ve added like the one around the History of Trunks OVA and the 23rd World Tourney Dragon Ball arc.

hussar16

This would be the signal received, an action rpg game called ‘The Story of Goku’ where it covers everything from birth to the end of super, with GT content as DLC.

Bandai Namco probably won’t do it though.
I would be cool if dragonbal was the first game not dbz kakarot but to sell the game they instead made it dbz which doesn't make sense as adventure game. They chose money instead of quality

A.Romero

I liked the game. I'm glad it did well.

It's not perfect or anything but good enough for what I paid for (on sale). I would play a second part with the Super saga.

Pelao

I would love to know the sale numbers in Latin America.
I know people who aren't even gamers who bought a PS4 for DBZ Kakarot. My brother barely plays anything and this is the only platinum he has and not even I bothered to get it.

Last edited:

Eimran

I loved the game.

It was finally something else. The combat was limited but the focus was more on the open world and exploration.

I'm looking forward to sparking zero but would love to have seen a sequel where they improved on the gaps of the first one

Fbh

If this can sell 8 mill imagine if they actually put some effort/money into it

Awful game.

Was expecting Legacy of Goku spiritual successor. Instead it was a sandbox brawler, with awful side quests and dialog.

Yup.
I was excited because it sounded like we'd finally get something fresh instead of yet another arena fighter.
But the game is basically a bad arena fighter disguised as "an RPG" with some awful quests and constant fights against boring trash mobs with hilariously low enemy variety.

Flying around the environments was the only somewhat enjoyable part

Gambit2483

What a surprise. I’m honestly baffled.

It seems the next budokai will be more popular than I thought.
Why? It's easily the best modern DBZ game as far as actually putting you into the world of Dragon Ball. Every other DBZ game focuses mostly (or only) on the fighting, not the storyline, characters, lore etc.

killatopak

Gold Member
Why? It's easily the best modern DBZ game as far as actually putting you into the world of Dragon Ball. Every other DBZ game focuses mostly (or only) on the fighting, not the storyline, characters, lore etc.
I mean when’s the last time a dbz game had an extensive story mode?

I haven’t played xenoverse yet but raging blast definitely didn’t. It was more what if stories. It was also kinda getting stale getting the same story again and again back in the late 2000’s and early 2010. After so long without proper story, Kakarot definitely scratched an itch. I mean as far as know, xenoverse definitely didn’t deal with story in a vanilla way. IIRC it’s more dragonball heroes-time patroller type of story.

I think the last time DBZ actually had a story mode with a sandbox style was Budokai 3 pre Tenkaichi.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

it was a good game, but the seasson pass was a mess, Spaking Zero already pre ordered.

Will buy it if they release an Ocean dub pack.
Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

i think DBZ english dub its just not worse than european portuguese dub, EU Portugues should be considered a crime againt DBZ

Last edited:

Codes 208

Gold Member
the whole point of xenoverse was putting you as a new character into the events of the original series, and with all the expansions it follows all of z, super, gt and a good portion of heroes

SZ is doing the same thing as budokai 3 where you pick a character and follow their stories (albeit with optional what ifs)

Top Bottom