• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

sensui-tomo

Woo! I have combined to create my first SS rank. I'm a little disappointed though. It is an arcane mage. Would have really loved a healer. Oh well. Still better than nothing. Time to work on two more S ranks to combine.

Money is definitely the gate right now. I can get about 4500 a run from the labyrinth but that's kind of time consuming and that's tickets I'm not using to raid.

Edit: 514 rubies now. I've already spent like 600 on summons and another 100 on item slot. What to spend it on next... Amazing to think how few rubies you get for real money.

well it does suck that they give you so few for cash, but its great that they're easy to get. I'm probably going to drop a few $ to support the devs, got a team of 3 SS ranks, my S rank is a priest, going to work on changing the other S ranks into SS later, right now, i need equipment for these SS allies.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
don't make a hive account, play as a guest and reroll until you get a SS or SSS character (SSS if you are ok with rerolling lots :p)

Definitely, will do.

Is there a list of better characters, or are there any launch events going on?

zulux21

Definitely, will do.

not sure on the better character stuff, and there are launch events, but not sure how much they help. (really I should just leave this question for someone else just want to make sure you don't feel like I am ignoring you :p)

to be fair I don't have any ss or sss characters as I didn't get the don't make a hive account until you get a party you like memo thus why I told you :p

Tagyhag

Tried the game today, I like all the features and fair F2P limitations, but the actual gameplay is a bore, it really is a shame because I like everything else on there.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm up to 5 SS combines now.

Rogue - crazy awesome skills (aoe disable, and 2 high DMG attacks)
Tank - good stats, human, and stuns
Healer - single target with decent stats
Mage - single target but with an interesting atk SPD buff
Mage - aoe damage and remove enemy buffs

I have come to the conclusion that mages are the worst DPS class. They are pretty terrible compared to rogues and archers. Rogues are my favorite because of the decent HP and dual weapons.

draw4wild

Woo! I have combined to create my first SS rank. I'm a little disappointed though. It is an arcane mage. Would have really loved a healer. Oh well. Still better than nothing. Time to work on two more S ranks to combine.

Just looked, I got the same mage from my only SS combine

inthrall

I had a good laugh at the translations today:

Tree: What do we have here?​
Me: *shoots it with a fireball*​
Tree: Oh, I see you're a lover of nature! *joins your party*​

Also

After beating up the
orc commander
, he keels over dead and your character asks him if he is okay?

Kitoro

Definitely, will do.

Getting a SSS from a summon is so unlikely. I've pulled about 100 times so far, and I've gotten 0 SSS, 2 SS, roughly 20 S, and about 78 A units.

I'd settle for an S anything. Though honestly, rerolling is a massive waste of time in this game. In the time people are spending on rerolling, they could be racking up tons more summons, progressing the story, and combining their way to a full SS team to tackle the 3 leaderboards for a consistent 200-300+ rubies per week.

Vitanimus

i'm getting wrecked on the last stage of obsidian mountain. any tips? I can get the boss down and then he spawns more mobs and wipes me out with an AoE.

Tried the game today, I like all the features and fair F2P limitations, but the actual gameplay is a bore, it really is a shame because I like everything else on there.

Well its more RPG lite than anything

And Honestly the "Gameplay" isnt the minute to minute. Its the Team Building, Customization, finding that magic mix to max out performance.

Its more of a strategy game than anything else. With a little of that Diablo loot and Pokemon collecting thrown in

garath

I think I'm going to budget my summons. Keep my 500 rubies around and then just summon with net new. Should be able to get 100+ per week.

I'm going to need more fodder to get a full team of SS let alone even a single SSS. The C fodder just isn't cutting it. WAY too much money. And even later when I'm less gold restricted with good labyrinth runs, I'm just going to plain need more allies as fodder.

I think I'm going to budget my summons. Keep my 500 rubies around and then just summon with net new. Should be able to get 100+ per week.

I'm going to need more fodder to get a full team of SS let alone even a single SSS. The C fodder just isn't cutting it. WAY too much money. And even later when I'm less gold restricted with good labyrinth runs, I'm just going to plain need more allies as fodder.

Yeah you kind of have to use summons for upgrades at a certain point. My plan is to Cultivate and combine every A since they are cheap to upgrade with C's

Then combine A >> S

Keep the Good S characters around and sacrifice any excess junk S's. And Combine the Mid Tier S's for SS

Not sure when Ill have enough for SSS but thats down the line.

garath

Yeah you kind of have to use summons for upgrades at a certain point. My plan is to Cultivate and combine every A since they are cheap to upgrade with C's

Then combine A >> S

Keep the Good S characters around and sacrifice any excess junk S's. And Combine the Mid Tier S's for SS

Not sure when Ill have enough for SSS but thats down the line.

That's actually not a terrible idea. Assuming gold was infinite, combining two As into an S means 100% enhancement chance for another S compared to using As as enhancement which are a 50% chance and you could lose both without getting the +1.

It's a LOT more gold in the long run though. Going to be a lot of labyrinth runs for that. And a lot of shoes to get 100 rapport on all those As.

That's actually not a terrible idea. Assuming gold was infinite, combining two As into an S means 100% enhancement chance for another S compared to using As as enhancement which are a 50% chance and you could lose both without getting the +1.

It's a LOT more gold in the long run though. Going to be a lot of labyrinth runs for that. And a lot of shoes to get 100 rapport on all those As.

Well you can budget rubies for gold. 45 rubies gets you 100k and honestly once you get the item slots unlocked you should only be using rubies for pulls and money.

I mean I dont see what else they are good for

draw4wild

I think the gem summon is really there to be the quick way to give you As and Ss and not really intended to be the way to obtain SS or SSS unlike most gacha games. However by giving you that carrot people will undoubtedly spend more rubies. Does anyone know if the Korean version had summon rate up events?

I'm stuck on the last boss now but hoping once I get to hard/legend difficulties the rank of fodder increases. I get a ton of Cs through friend summon and stages but they are worthless imo without a better way to get B ranks. Give me B fodder and I can feed my S one A to get 15% bonus then feed Bs at a 40% rate. Or feed my A one B then can use Cs at a 40%rate

garath

I did another 5 pulls just for the heck of it. 4 S and 1 A. Not too shabby.

I'm completely out of B and C guys though. And I've burned through around 90k gold today. Have one more S rank guy maxed. Need to max a second and we'll have another SS. So much work lol.

Trying to fit some hero Komodo dragon raids in on the side, I almost prefer Deathcrown raid because you get SS every time and therefore more SS rank items. Dunno. My gear needs work though. I'm still rolling with mostly 25-27 SS items but blue boots and purple gloves :/

Kitoro

Well you can budget rubies for gold. 45 rubies gets you 100k and honestly once you get the item slots unlocked you should only be using rubies for pulls and money.

I mean I dont see what else they are good for

Never buy gold. Once you get yo level 30+ with a good SS+ team, you can get 7-9k gold per Labyrinth run. 9 rubies can buy 20 scrolls, which I can turn into 90k gold by running through Labyrinth with them.

9 rubies for 90k gold is exponentially better than 45 rubies for 100k.

Rubies should be spent for pulls only, as it's the only way to get S units. Using them for anything else is more to satisfy impatience more than anything else.

Bam

Banned
Just sent in a request for the guild.

Account: Elise
Character: Eliott

I feel like we should have a spreadsheet or something with everyone's account/character names on it since it's easier to add everyone.

KimChi

Just sent in a request for the guild.

Account: Elise
Character: Eliott

I feel like we should have a spreadsheet or something with everyone's account/character names on it since it's easier to add everyone.

Agreed, I added some randoms early on and im not sure who to delete to make room for other gaffers.

Vitanimus

Anyone got builds in mind? I'm thinking of maxing Magnify and getting the group buff for that. I also bought the costume that boosts INT and DEF.

Cybolt

Anyone got builds in mind? I'm thinking of maxing Magnify and getting the group buff for that. I also bought the costume that boosts INT and DEF.

I have mostly been going with a healer build (max Charming LIght and 1st passive). Plan to get the 4th passive (AoE heal) when I am high enough level.

Forz

My friends list is depressing. I've sent out some invites, but feel free to invite me if I missed you:

Account/Char: Forz

KimChi

Damnit I keep missing out on joining the guild

Whats the name of it even?

User - Drrobschiz
Character - DrROB

NeoGAF-I believe its case sensitive when you search for it.
I'm gonna try make room on my friendlist, sorry if i delete any gaffers by mistake i just have a couple people who havent been on for a few days.
Account name- Krusche
Character-Sakia

NeoGAF-I believe its case sensitive when you search for it.
I'm gonna try make room on my friendlist, sorry if i delete any gaffers by mistake i just have a couple people who havent been on for a few days.
Account name- Krusche
Character-Sakia

Thanks! Just put in my request

sensui-tomo

Is it just my luck or are you guys having a hard time getting SS equipment from raids, i mean i got that achievement for getting 40+ SS equipments from raids.

Just requested to the guild, SerahEC is the character name.

Hey thanks for thw 50 gems bro!!

also this is like the best mobile game guys. I cant stop and haven't spent a dime. So good.

This need to be in like the 20 something mobile game hate topics weve had today as a rebuttal.

This is free to play mobile done right... from Korea no less!!!

Einbroch

Banned
Only issue is that rubies are way too expensive. I might be inclined to give money to the developer, but the prices are insane.

RedFyn

I can't kill the second boss on landing garden. Once his second wave comes my team explodes.

Edit: Finally! All I had to do was complain about it.
The ss orb I just got may have helped a little too

What does stamina do?
1stam = 32 HP. I don't think it does anything else.

Edit: Cleared the rest of the dungeon on one try each :D

Ugh, this looks immensely cool but I'm already playing two or three "daily" iPad games.

Well, I'll probably slow down with Terra Battle now that I got Zael and Calista, and FFRK almost plays itself.

What do?

KimChi

What does stamina do?

1 INT will give your mage/priest 2 ATK and 16 mana
1 STA will give you 32 HP
1 DEX will give your Rogue/Archer 2 ATK and 0.03% EVA
1 STR will give your Warrior 2 ATK and 1.5 DEF

Saw that info from gamevil forum seems right since ive been getting a bunch of STA on equips and bumped my mage to 8k hp

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Hey, I'm actually doing alright in the labyrinth now. Getting close to ~10k points (roughly 4k gold) every time. I don't even have a healer! Three awesome S tanks tho. Makes me sad I have to sacrifice them to the SS gods in the future.

Hey, I'm actually doing alright in the labyrinth now. Getting close to ~10k points (roughly 4k gold) every time. I don't even have a healer! Three awesome S tanks tho. Makes me sad I have to sacrifice them to the SS gods in the future.

you could just raise junk S characters instead and combine them

Thats what Im gonna do. That way if my SS character doesnt cover all the bases then i still have a solid team to fall back on

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
you could just raise junk S characters instead and combine them

Thats what Im gonna do. That way if my SS character doesnt cover all the bases then i still have a solid team to fall back on

Well, I won't combine them with eachother, of course. Maybe pluck them one by one though. Right now I'm focusing on maxing them and upping their gear. I'll have to think of combine fodder later.

Top Bottom