• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Can this combining system give me all the units in the game? Seems like it's not worth it to reroll for an SS when you can just combine A&S rank units with eachother.

sensui-tomo

Can this combining system give me all the units in the game? Seems like it's not worth it to reroll for an SS when you can just combine A&S rank units with eachother.

yes you can eventually get all the units, you'll also master the art of extreme patience too. It'll take forever, but yeah you can do it, I have a team of 5 SS at the moment and all but one were from combining (i got lucky on a summon for one)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally beat hero mode. Good lord that boss was tough. Now onto legend mode!

Definitely not worth it to reroll. In just over a weak I am swimming in SS units so much so that I am now working to get them maxed out so I can combine them into SSS.

Definitely not worth it to reroll. In just over a weak I am swimming in SS units so much so that I am now working to get them maxed out so I can combine them into SSS.

Cool, should I combine S units whenever I can or is it best to wait until I have a full party of S units and then combine any spare S ranks that I'm not using?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Cool, should I combine S units whenever I can or is it best to wait until I have a full party of S units and then combine any spare S ranks that I'm not using?

Get a full party of A --> Get a full party of S --> Get a full party of SS --> Get a full party of SSS.

This game rewards balanced teams much more than one strong character. Especially getting to the endgame stuff.

For reference I beat normal mode with a team of maxed S and hero mode with a team of mediocre SS.

Ventara

So I'm just starting this game and I just found out they send rewards via the mailbox thing. Anyways, I got an A and S unit from there and want to use them instead of the B units I got at the beginning. Should I first grind with the B units first to raise their rapport so I can combine them? I also have a few C units. What should I do with them? Any beginner tips?

Edit: Is it too late to redeem that DBUSTRAILER2015 code?

So I'm just starting this game and I just found out they send rewards via the mailbox thing. Anyways, I got an A and S unit from there and want to use them instead of the B units I got at the beginning. Should I first grind with the B units first to raise their rapport so I can combine them? I also have a few C units. What should I do with them? Any beginner tips?

It is not too late to redeem, I did it last night with no problems. May have to close out the app and relaunch for it to show up in mailbox though.

As for the rapport thing, I've been alternating between grinding rapport in earlier stages and advancing the story missions. It's worth it because every time you master a new type, you get 10 gems.

Ventara

It is not too late to redeem, I did it last night with no problems. May have to close out the app and relaunch for it to show up in mailbox though.

As for the rapport thing, I've been alternating between grinding rapport in earlier stages and advancing the story missions. It's worth it because every time you master a new type, you get 10 gems.

Yup, that did the trick! Got 1 S Priest and 3 other As. I've started grinding for Rapport with previous boss stages, but it's taking a while. Each character get 1-2 rapport per stage beaten.

draw4wild

I would hold onto the Bs till you can get max rapport for the gems before you feed. You can feed the Cs as you will get tons of dupes but the 3 Bs from the beginning I haven't seen again. I wouldn't bother combining anything less than A ranks

Ventara

I would hold onto the Bs till you can get max rapport for the gems before you feed. You can feed the Cs as you will get tons of dupes but the 3 Bs from the beginning I haven't seen again. I wouldn't bother combining anything less than A ranks

When you say feed, do you mean using them to enhance someone else, or combining with another B to get an A? And yeah, I've been getting C mushrooms every now and then.

I just noticed my S Priest doesn't have a Heal All spell. :(

draw4wild

When you say feed, do you mean using them to enhance someone else, or combining with another B to get an A? And yeah, I've been getting C mushrooms every now and then.

I just noticed my S Priest doesn't have a Heal All spell. :(
I mean use them to enhance. What I do is feed 1 B to an A at 50% chance then do the rest Cs at 40%+. Not everyone does it that way tho. I wouldn't use the money to max enhance 2 Bs just for an A

Ventara

I mean use them to enhance. What I do is feed 1 B to an A at 50% chance then do the rest Cs at 40%+. Not everyone does it that way tho. I wouldn't use the money to max enhance 2 Bs just for an A

Ah, okay. So B and Cs are best left for enhancing?

Edit: Seriously, there has to be a faster way to gain rapport. I'm getting 1 rapport for each character now.

Edit 2: Wow! It's really quick to level up a new character. Like 1 battle quick. That's awesome!

Edit 3: So what's the best way to spend Rubies when starting out? I've bought an inventory slot so far.

Ventara

Well, I combined two of my SS...
And got a SSS Priest
HAPPY DAYS FOR ETERNITY

image.php

Must've been your reaction.

draw4wild

Did 25 pulls, got 18A and 7S, was able to combine for an SS right away and got a duplicate of one of the 2 I had. I don't plan on trying for an SSS anytime soon so I'm stuck with a worthless unit

Ventara

Is there any reason to not have auto-battle on? Like, there has never been any reason for me to pay attention yet except maybe for some story stuff.

Did 25 pulls, got 18A and 7S, was able to combine for an SS right away and got a duplicate of one of the 2 I had. I don't plan on trying for an SSS anytime soon so I'm stuck with a worthless unit

That sucks. It's always the downside to games like these.

Flambe

Well, I combined two of my SS...
And got a SSS Priest
HAPPY DAYS FOR ETERNITY

Grats, just combined my fifth or sixth SS and got another dps. I'd kill for a tank at this point, I'm still rocking an A-rank lizard bugger =( Heals of course would be nice too but anything but fucking dps lol.

KimChi

Is there any reason to not have auto-battle on? Like, there has never been any reason for me to pay attention yet except maybe for some story stuff.

That sucks. It's always the downside to games like these.

Depends on your main character, if you're an archer it makes you do less damage since the auto battle wont bother using Aim. Priest is fine with auto-battle on forever and mage could do more damage without auto-battle to stack the fire seals on an enemy. Not sure about warrior and rogue since I don't have em yet.

shmoglish

I unlocked the second Raid (Stormtyrant?) and finished it, but no new quests show up. Is there something I need to do or is it a bug?

Should I use my rubies on rolling? Seems like a waste to spend rubies on units that I can just get by combining B's when I can also use the rubies on other things.

RalchAC

Is there a fast way to improve affinity with other characters? I'm currently raising it with 2 of my B units (Warrior and Archer) in order to fuse them to get a new A. I've added them to my party again but the stat increases slowly...

And, seriously. The daily achievements keep sending me to the labyrinth but the furthest I reached was the 2nd stage. I'm doing those runs in order to get the rubbies, but it's not a cool feeling when you get killed so easily.

You mean this area, right?
r7erts74.png

No new questline for me on the hole map.

I recently unlocked that Raid Boss (the Desert Dragon) and the girl at the tabern sent me to the Fortress to talk to some dude whose name I can't remember.

Have you already talked to him?

garath

I need a better supply of B fodder. I only like using my A ranks as fodder when I have a +3 or above S rank. But not nearly enough B ranks to do this fast.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I need a better supply of B fodder. I only like using my A ranks as fodder when I have a +3 or above S rank. But not nearly enough B ranks to do this fast.

Use 1 A, then if it fails use B because you will have a lot of bonus success.

Right now I'm in short supply of every fodder. Trying to max out SS sucks.

draw4wild

Seriously the fodder does dry up quickly and my friend points don't go up as fast as they should either. I think a lot of people don't know you can send/receive friend points from the friend list, not just using them in a stage because when I send mine out, not even half of the people have sent them to me

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Seriously the fodder does dry up quickly and my friend points don't go up as fast as they should either. I think a lot of people don't know you can send/receive friend points from the friend list, not just using them in a stage because when I send mine out, not even half of the people have sent them to me

Almost all of the people in my friend list sends/receives fp. You just have to update your list often and get rid of people who are clearly not playing the game.

RalchAC

Almost all of the people in my friend list sends/receives fp. You just have to update your list often and get rid of people who are clearly not playing the game.

Is there any sort of list of EU players available? If like to befriend some gaffers since most people I've befriended started around the same moment I did and many would probably stop playing I'm a few days.

I'm a level 14 Rogue.

If anybody hasn't made a list yet I don't mind creating one with Google Drive.

Do cooldowns ever lower btw? They're quite slow right now.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Is there any sort of list of EU players available? If like to befriend some gaffers since most people I've befriended started around the same moment I did and many would probably stop playing I'm a few days.

I'm a level 14 Rogue.

If anybody hasn't made a list yet I don't mind creating one with Google Drive.

Do it.

Do cooldowns ever lower btw? They're quite slow right now.

If you open the skill tab in the tavern and tap the skills you should see the info for the next level. Should have cooldown info in there as well. Some skills improve, others don't.

Hmm... Thinking about switching to Mage. Too bad I already bought a costume for my Archer. But gems come in pretty steadily, so it's not too bad.

draw4wild

I haven't gotten any from summon yet,was able to combine for 4 of them. A dark elf Mage, naga rogue, and 2 dark lances. I'm super annoyed that I got a duplicate in my 3rd combine. The unit is essentially worthless until I go for an SSS which I'm not in a rush to do yet

garath

Man :/ down to 4 A rank guys left. Not looking bright for getting another SS. I have one S maxed but need to raise another. I guess I could use my last 300 rubies. Meh

Top Bottom